PDA

View Full Version : Sprinco Blue or white for BCM 16 inch middy

msedward43
05-26-24, 14:09
I picked up a BCM BFH ELW middy the other day and got it in yesterday. slapped it on the lone BCM lower I had sitting around in a box for the last 3 years (always good to have a spare) and upon racking the charging handle noticed that the buffer shot back with relative ease. Meaning that buffer spring in the BCM lower was distinctly under sprung feeling. I thought I was going crazy so I pulled out my other 4 BCM lowers and the springs are distinctly stronger... so I figure this particular lower came with a weak spring from the factory (crap happens) so I figured I'd grab a sprinco spring to keep as a backup cuz I'm MOST LIKELY going to just replace the spring after test firing the gun cuz it's eerily light and easy to rack compared to even my PSA recoil springs in my wife's PSA beater.

question is, with a 16 inch BCM middy would I be better off with the sprinco white to replicate BCM's stock setup? or the sprinco blue? I use the sprinco Blue in all my Sionics and SOLGW middy rifles, but I know BCM has shipped their lowers with an H buffer and a standard mil-spec carbine spring for like...forever. Just wasn't sure whether I should replace with a "white" (mil-spec strength) or the enhanced Blue as most of my BCM rifles are 11.5's or 14.5 carbines and I haven't played with their 16 inch middy's as much to know if the Blue would over power it

grizzman
05-26-24, 14:28
I would expect either one to work fine, or a Colt mil-spec spring.

They're inexpensive, so why not buy one of each and choose for yourself. The one you don't use can be a spare.

the AR-15 Junkie
05-26-24, 20:38

They're inexpensive, so why not buy one of each and choose for yourself. The one you don't use can be a spare.

This, Colt mil spec springs don't corrode either.

fedupflyer
05-27-24, 00:20
For a BCM mid length, I would use an H2 buffer with a white spring as a minimum.
I have put a couple of blue springs instead of white and they seem to run a bit smoother.

markm
05-27-24, 09:57
or a Colt mil-spec spring.

This. Forget that Springco nonsense.

msedward43
05-27-24, 10:37

not a bad idea. I have 5 guns that came with Sprinco Blues in them, so even if I don't use the Blue it can be a spare with one of those