PDA

View Full Version : LaRue vs. ARMS mounts

mike01ta
11-25-06, 00:23
There seems to be a large bias toward using LaRues. I have also picked up some of this might be poltically motivated as well. Are LaRues that much better or did someone from ARMS piss in somebodys Cheerios?
Mike

MaceWindu
11-25-06, 00:33
Are LaRues that much better?

YES. It's not even CLOSE. If Larue is an option, Larue is the answer. I have the folloowing Larue mounts:

Compact ACOG
Aimpoint (x3)
SPR Mount
EoTech

They are THAT good. No bias, just QUALITY.

Mace

nickdrak
11-25-06, 04:26
ARMS makes decent products but....

Larues mounts are of superior design, materials, and manufacturing. And from personel experience, Larue also has far superior customer service to ARMS.

Derek_Connor
11-25-06, 07:53
last weekend during a class, an arms mount on the samson flip-over 3x mag thingy broke after the rifle hit the ground...broke right in half

Thought that was interesting, there were a mix of PRI, Larue, and Arms mounts for optics..

C4IGrant
11-25-06, 08:23
There seems to be a large bias toward using LaRues. I have also picked up some of this might be poltically motivated as well. Are LaRues that much better or did someone from ARMS piss in somebodys Cheerios?
Mike

The bias is based on the fact the LT system is superior in just about every way. Here is a short list on why:

Adjustable levers (no two rails are the same)
Better materials (torx screws, solid levers)
No MIM parts

The owner of ARMS is also well known for posting under a shill account on ARFCOM (3rdtk) for many years. The damage he did to reputable companies immeasurable.

C4

subzero
11-25-06, 15:09
Larues mounts are of superior design, materials, and manufacturing.

That should be enough reason right there. They are, quite simply, leaps and bounds better than the other stuff that's available for the task.

baffle Stack
11-25-06, 15:14
From personal experience, LaRue is better. These guys actually incorporate design changes into their products based on customer feedback. They listen carefully to the end-users' needs.

Arms was great 10 years ago when they were the only game in town. They still are to some extent, but as Grant mentioned, the shill accounts left a sour taste in a lot of our mouths. That combined with the superiority of LaRue products make purchasing mounts and rails a no brainier.:D

Pat_Rogers
11-26-06, 07:37
Mike,
As cybin stated, they were once the only game in town. Unfortunately for us they never advanced, and the fact that they don't make what they design leads to QC/QA issues.
Their shady business practices on tos and other places have left many with a bad taste in their mouths.

There are much better products out there, from rails to sights.
The arms thow lever mount especially sux. The Larue mount is light years ahead.
Larue can rapid prototype, responds to user feedback, they are all shooters (it has been stated that the principal at arms may not be able to even legally touch a firearm) and are genuine good guys who are doing all they can to keep the good guys in the fight.

There really isn't any comparison...

Mark LaRue
11-26-06, 16:23
Hey all,

This thread has made my day. I just printed it and hung it out on the shop refrigerator.

The word we're trying to get out and keep out is that we're doing our damndest here at LaRue Tactical to produce CNC machined components that fit-the-bill. The minute an operator/user calls in with an issue, a fix is incorporated into the next run. We are not making anything that I feel could be just a little better....everything is the best we can do from the feedback we've gotten.

Another thing we view as a plus is that thanks to guys like Pat Rogers, just about everybody in our buildings have cycled though some sort of rifle course and have gotten a good grasp on the "whats and the whys" of proper carbine operation...can't beat that.

We view a shot fired in combat as a dead serious business ... and we are hellbent on providing the absolute best kit for successful hits.

Anyhow, thanks for the kudos everyone and thanks again to all you for stepping out and buying LT gear.

Mark LaRue

Chris_C
11-26-06, 16:29
We are not making anything that I feel could be just a little better....everything is the best we can do from the feedback we've gotten.

-Thats good stuff right there.

Alpha Sierra
11-26-06, 21:04
I just purchased my first Larue (M68 CCO) product and I can see why they have the reputation they do.

I've used optic mounts from all sorts of companies. Leupold, Burris, Warne, Sako, Weaver, and Millett come to mind. I have to say that Larue tops them all.

Perhaps Talley makes a ring/base set as good, but I've never used one.

Akoni
11-26-06, 22:09
we are hellbent on providing the absolute best kit for successful hits.

Mark LaRue

I smell an LT t-shirt with that on it!

KevinB
11-26-06, 22:13
I have not met up with better a better mount that Larue
I've run the EO riser and SPR mounts for S&B's in Afghan -- and am seeing how they work in Iraq.

Marks stuff is the heat...

nyeti
12-31-06, 02:15
In regards to the original question-both.

LaRue not only makes the best product of its type out there, but they (the entire LaRue crew) are also some of the finest people in the industry-period.

ARMs has pissed in numerous folks Cheerio's, including mine. Good product 10 years ago. Now try improving it to keep up with folks like LaRue instead of crying about it.

Its real simple, I have yet to see a single industry professional dump LaRue to go to ARMS. I have seen just about every industry pro worth their salt dump ARMS to go to LaRue. Hell, its one of the things that Pat Rogers and Larry Vickers do agree on, that should be a clue..........;) .

Sonic Crack
02-26-07, 17:00
Glad I found this thread! Just from looking at the LaRue site its a no brainer LaRue is better