PDA

View Full Version : GripPod?

Viscon
01-11-09, 13:02
Forgive the newbie question. Looking to put a GripPod or similar vertical grip on my 6920. Is GripPod the best manufactures of these types of vertical grips or is there something better? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Cagemonkey
01-11-09, 13:05
Got a grippod and love it. I think they make two variations now. The regular one with steel inserts and a cheaper one with no inserts.

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-11-09, 13:13
I have the one without the steal inserts and in my opnion you just dont need them for the M4 platform. I used it in Iraq with my issued M4 and it was indespensable when going prone with all my gear on.

usaffarmer
01-11-09, 13:15
The Grippod is the ONLY vfg with a bipod that i would buy. The rest of the market CAA, Mako and other feel really really cheap. And if you have problems with the grippod contact them and let them know, I had one that I had broke and it wouldnt work right, sent it to them and 2 weeks later a new one on my gun.

Good company to deal with!!

USMC0351
01-11-09, 13:18
They are kind of big and bulky if you ask me. My company was issued them for Afghanistan, the only one I know of breaking was a guy in my squad. Our first day into the mission, and the first firefight, he slammed it down on a mud wall, and the insides just shattered and the legs came apart. Other than that, a good cleaning of all the internals every now and then helped mine make it through.

Viscon
01-11-09, 13:34
Thank you all so much for the quick responses! One more question. If you were not going to use a GripPod, what do you consider the best non-bi-pod vertical grip out there. The bulkiness of the grip-pod kinda worries me.

Impact
01-11-09, 13:44
TD, Larue FUG

USMC0351
01-11-09, 14:04
I personally like the Knights Armament veritcal grip, like in this picture

http://www.knightarmco.com/images/ichiro_2_large.jpg

Viscon
01-11-09, 14:12
What are the differences in the TD, Laure FUG, and knights Armament?

Cagemonkey
01-11-09, 14:19
I personally like the Knights Armament veritcal grip, like in this picture

http://www.knightarmco.com/images/ichiro_2_large.jpgI got one from Advanced Armament from Brownells. Its the same as the Knights Armament. Also it won't cost you an arm and leg, $35. The Tangodown, Larue etc. are $60-70.

USMC0351
01-11-09, 14:20
Just your preference really. I'm sure some are built better than others. But in reality, they all do the same thing.