PDA

View Full Version : ammo storage

mike benedict
01-11-09, 14:25
I decided it was time to sort out my ammo so today I cleaned out an area in my work shop and put all my ammo in one place.

here is a pic

btw that is a Beretta AR-70 in the foreground

Mike

C5CE
01-11-09, 16:47
Nice!!!

citizensoldier16
01-11-09, 17:18
Good deal! My dad used to have a similar setup. Have you given any thought to enclosing it in with some drywall and a door?

PS- I like the Dos Equis bottle on the shelf....drinking in the basement huh? :D

mike benedict
01-11-09, 18:17
I plan on puting up drywall in the next week or so
But that is a good idea about installing a door

And I deserved that beer after making holsters and toting ammo all day

twodollarbill
01-11-09, 19:27
I'd slide a fire-rated safe under the stairs and call it good.
The door is a great idea....keeping eyes off your stuff is a MUST.

MC988
01-11-09, 19:59
I just organized my ammo as well. I was going to buy a metal wall locker ( I have kids) to store the ammo separately, but for the same cost I got a large 36"X36" rolling tool chest. I store a different caliber in each of 5 of the drawers and my cleaning gear in the sixth drawer. Works out nice. Sorry, no pics, I'm not good with uploads.

argin
01-11-09, 22:08
Looks good. You just need to send that Beretta up to Mineral Bluff.

Art:)

bkb0000
01-11-09, 22:43
Good deal! My dad used to have a similar setup. Have you given any thought to enclosing it in with some drywall and a door?

PS- I like the Dos Equis bottle on the shelf....drinking in the basement huh? :D

indeed.. theres a few great things one could do with a nice little framed-in under-the-stairwell spot like that, especially with the slab underneath. you could turn the whole thing into a semi-fire rated safe... sheetrock over fire-rock, add a steel exterior door and steel jam, and you've got a nice gun/ammo vault. you could even steel plate it, and hilti the rock over that, if you're sooper paranoid.

If I hadn't moved my laundry room to the garage, i'd planned to build something similar. but the wife wanted a bigger bathroom and didn't even crack a smile when i suggested getting a laundry washboard

HK_Shooter_03
01-17-09, 19:01
Nice rifle, how much do the magazines cost?

mike benedict
01-17-09, 19:07
Around $75 each

coltm4sp1
01-17-09, 21:59
thats nice , theres nothing like having all your ammo organized