PDA

View Full Version : Go Stillers...

Gutshot John
01-11-09, 16:36
Gotta love playoffs.

Balmore upsets Tenn and Philly upsets NYG.

Good season.

BVickery
01-11-09, 17:55
I am sooooooooo happy the NYG lost.

M4arc
01-11-09, 17:55
GO STEELERS!!!

Safetyhit
01-11-09, 19:00
GO STEELERS!!!

I hope the Eagles take their unlikely, and possibly undeserved, season to the super bowl and beat your Steelers.

So...

Go Eagles!!!

M4arc
01-11-09, 20:15
I hope the Eagles take their unlikely, and possibly undeserved, season to the super bowl and beat your Steelers.

So...

Go Eagles!!!

I'm more worried about the Ravens than I am about the Eagles. But it would be cool to have an all PA Superbowl!

Don't think the Cardinals are going to roll over though as they are playing tough football.

CarlosDJackal
01-11-09, 21:48
GO RAVENS!! :)

tweakmeister
01-12-09, 15:09
GO RAVENS!! :)

This man speaks the truth :D

M4arc
01-12-09, 15:14
We just need a AZ fan to jump in this thread now :D

Steelblitz
01-12-09, 21:41
Made the 230 mile trip to Pittsburgh yesterday with the wife and two little ones, had a great time. Nice football weather and of course a great result to the game.

Bring on the RATS!

Gutshot John
01-18-09, 16:36
Awesomeness.

Great game now between Arizona and Philly. Birds are coming back.

Pittsburgh tonight.

All PA superbowl? Yeah baby!

C-Fish
01-18-09, 17:44
Awesomeness.

Pittsburgh tonight.

News Flash...There will not be a all PA Superbowl...

:D

Kaos
01-18-09, 18:18
Im in PGH, but I could care less about football. Im told that I should be stoned to death or other similar punishments.

Safetyhit
01-18-09, 20:16
Awesomeness.

Seems this won't be the case. :mad:

Guess I will be bowing out of this one...

HwyKnight
01-18-09, 21:26
Steelers Win!!!!!!!

nickdrak
01-18-09, 21:33
OH YEAH!!! GO STEELERS!!!

g5m
01-19-09, 07:36
Cardinals are gonna win it.

M4arc
01-19-09, 07:44
GO STEELERS!!!

http://cdn.nhl.com/penguins/images/upload/2009/01/flurry.jpg

RAM Engineer
01-19-09, 07:52
"Stillers" ??? :confused:

I didn't realize Pittsburgh was famous for it's moonshine.

Gutshot John
01-19-09, 08:54
Blitzburgh: A drinking town with a football problem.

Pittsburgh is known for its colloquialisms: "n'at", "yinz" etc. "Stillers" is just how it gets pronounced...now how its spelled.

taliv
01-19-09, 15:39
been a stillers fan an'at since the seventies

i've never seen a game that rough.

I would LOVE to have heard Myron Copes call that game.

Gutshot John
01-19-09, 16:23
That game was brutal. I felt it all the way in Point Breeze at a friend's house.

I'm worried about Hines Ward. You know when he's so hurt that he can't come back that it's bad.

Troy however was an animal. Unbelievable to watch that guy, he's like a homing missile on the field. I love big nasty D.

It was one of the best games I've ever seen.

theJanitor
01-19-09, 16:37
That game was brutal. I felt it all the way in Point Breeze at a friend's house.

I'm worried about Hines Ward. You know when he's so hurt that he can't come back that it's bad.

+1. at least he has the strength and brains to get his butt off the playing field ASAP. unlike Sweed, who blows an easy TD, costs the team a timeout, then prevents them from getting a FG try off (that block on Ivy was good though). Coaches would kill for guys like Ward on their roster.

nickdrak
01-19-09, 17:07
Ward is hurt, but he said today that he will not miss the game in two weeks. I believe that he will play, and will contribute in a huge way to a Steelers SuperBowl win!!!

taliv
01-19-09, 17:19
ward will be fine. he's got two weeks to heal and then just 60 more minutes to play til the off season

having the cardinals in the superbowl has to be a ratings disaster. you know tampa is going to be like 90% black and gold. it'll be a home game :)

still, it might be the best ever big defense vs big offense game. first super bowl i've been excited about since the stillers got one for tha thumb

K.L. Davis
01-19-09, 21:47
"Stillers" ??? :confused:

I didn't realize Pittsburgh was famous for it's moonshine.

www.pittsburghese.com (http://www.pittsburghese.com)

markm
01-20-09, 13:16
This game SHOULD be a slam dunk for Arizona, although I don't see AZ blowing Pittsburgh out of the water. The steelers have like 12 points in their last 8 games total. :p If the Steelers some how come up with an Offense in the next 2 weeks, It'll be trouble for Arizona.

It will be the #1 offense vs. the #1 Defense. That has got to be good.

Gutshot John
01-20-09, 13:54
It will be the #1 offense vs. the #1 Defense. That has got to be good.

And I'll take defense any day of the week and twice on Sunday. :)

Kurt Warner is going to have an awfully hard time throwing a pass from flat on his back. :p

On another note, yes Western PA is also famous for its whiskey...and guns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey_Rebellion

markm
01-20-09, 14:05
Kurt Warner is going to have an awfully hard time throwing a pass from flat on his back. :p

Maybe!

But that's what I was worried about with Philly. They only got to him once legitimately, and once with a cheap shot.

I know the Steelers are probably going to be a tougher D than Philly, but Philly was no walk in the park.

It will be interesting for sure. It's rare to see the Cards run a smart and aggressive offense. They made some smart adjustments for Philly, but they nearly pissed it away in the second half.

Gutshot John
01-20-09, 14:17
I want a good game. I hate Super Bowl blowouts.

The thing about the Pittsburgh Defense is that they're superbly conditioned athletes and they just grind down offenses. Philly had good days and bad days. Admittedly like Bal'more they didn't have a very good day on Sunday.

markm
01-20-09, 14:24
I want a good game. I hate Super Bowl blowouts.

I don't see this game being a blowout one way or another. It should be a great game.

taliv
01-20-09, 14:55
most people don't understand that pgh fans LIKE defense. the fans love seeing a final score like 6 to 3, (that's 3 safeties and a FG :) ) so I doubt many pgh fans are really wanting or expecting a blowout.

The steelers have like 12 points in their last 8 games total

this year they played the
#2 defense THREE times
#3 defense TWICE
#4 defense
#5 defense
#7 defense when they were #3
#10 defense
#11 defense
#12 defense twice

and what's really amazing is that at the beginning of the year, most fans I knew expected them to be .500 on the season because they had the toughest schedule of any team in the league since '74

Pgh played all 12 of the teams in last year's playoffs in this year's regular season except Seattle, Tampa, Green Bay and themselves!

graffex
01-20-09, 15:18
I'm still depressed my Ravens lost but it was a hell of a season for us. We have a lot to look forward to in the future with Flacco and Hardbaugh. Cardinals all the way! Don't want to see them lousy Stoolers go all the way again.

bullseye
01-20-09, 17:32
i've said for years that warner was the best quarterback in pro. football, and he was NOT washed up, ,,,,go cardinals!!!!!

nickdrak
01-20-09, 18:18
i've said for years that warner was the best quarterback in pro. football, and he was NOT washed up, ,,,,go cardinals!!!!!

Warner will retire after getting his ass handed to him by the Steelers in the SuperBowl:D

HwyKnight
02-01-09, 21:12
My team wins, and the game winning TD caught by a BUCKEYE!!!!!! It doesn't get any better than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Gutshot John
02-01-09, 21:50
That was one of the best football games I've ever seen.

The Cards deserve a lot of credit, they played a full 60 minutes of football.

It didn't do much for my heart, but hey it all came out in the end. :)

thopkins22
02-01-09, 21:53
Great game, as GJ said, the cardinals didn't embarrass themselves in the slightest. I know quite a few guys that made money tonight on the spread.

Seth Harness
02-01-09, 22:25
Great game and a killer finish!!. I wish my Dad was still around to have watched it with me.
6 times, love ya Dad... Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!

thedog
02-01-09, 22:53
been a stillers fan an'at since the seventies

i've never seen a game that rough.

I would LOVE to have heard Myron Copes call that game.

Nothing against the "Stillers". I just went for the underdogs. Don't really care either way. Congrats, Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dog

taliv
02-01-09, 23:43
like i said, i've been a steelers fan forever, and in the end, I'm glad we got one for the other thumb...

but i was ashamed of the way they played today. their ridiculous personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct turned what was surely the most exciting superbowl in YEARS into an asterisk game: Superbowl Champs*

granted, they paid for it in penalty yards, but I don't want the best franchise in sports history to turn into a Oakland Raiders or the NBA.

Harrison's return was amazing and he deserves defensive MVP.

he also should have been ejected from the superbowl.

ward throwing punches in the first quarter? totally unacceptable

clark too. (not that the cardinals weren't doing their share in the first half)

i was a little surprised with the defensive schemes. not exactly steelers football.
sure was exciting though

gotta hand it to the cards' effort in the 4th Q.

a lot of questionable calls though.

thedog
02-02-09, 00:03
like i said, i've been a steelers fan forever, and in the end, I'm glad we got one for the other thumb...

but i was ashamed of the way they played today. their ridiculous personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct turned what was surely the most exciting superbowl in YEARS into an asterisk game: Superbowl Champs*

granted, they paid for it in penalty yards, but I don't want the best franchise in sports history to turn into a Oakland Raiders or the NBA.

Harrison's return was amazing and he deserves defensive MVP.

he also should have been ejected from the superbowl.

ward throwing punches in the first quarter? totally unacceptable

clark too. (not that the cardinals weren't doing their share in the first half)

i was a little surprised with the defensive schemes. not exactly steelers football.
sure was exciting though

gotta hand it to the cards' effort in the 4th Q.

a lot of questionable calls though.

taliv,
I see you are a man of honor. I see it the same as you. Be a MAN when you play. Do the right thing, even if it is the HARDEST THING. Then, you can be a man of men. Victory, at what cost? Your integrity? Not worth it. Congrats, I guess, Steelers. Most of you played honorably. Those who didn't? Regrets.

taliv, good call!

dog

markm
02-02-09, 07:58
That was one of the best football games I've ever seen.

The Cards deserve a lot of credit, they played a full 60 minutes of football.

It didn't do much for my heart, but hey it all came out in the end. :)

No Sh1TT!!!

I think I aged 4 years in that game. In my opinion, the Harrison run back was the game. If not for that play, I bet the Cardinals would have come out on top.

Still.... a great game.

taliv
02-02-09, 08:29
i think you're right, markm

and if it wasn't for his personal foul, i think they would have given him MVP instead of holmes. turning 10-14 into 17-7 was so huge