PDA

View Full Version : AAR: Basic AR-15/M-16 Armorer Jan 7-9, 2009 With Ken Elmore

pictaker
01-11-09, 19:01
This course was my first exposure to M16-M4-AR15 technical issues and problem solving and was very basic but thorough. Ken Elmore, of Specialized Armament, is an excellent instructor and is very clear in conveying information. He will think nothing of telling you to STOP if he see's or hear's you doing something wrong. The class had LEO and civilian students so there was a mix of different levels of experience, Ken acknowledged all levels and conducted a good class. He covered complete dis-assembly of the M16/ M4/ AR15, he had one for each student, parts identification and re-assembly. He also covered trouble shooting how to diagnose it and correct it. The manual provided as part of the class is easy to read and comprehensive.
As a class we had to completely take the weapon apart 4 times. 2 of the times all the small parts that could fit in a cup went in, shook it up, emptied it on the table, put it back together. Ken is very engaging with broad knowledge of many life experiences, his knowledge of European history was surprising.
Ron Flower at the Allentown Police Academy was the on site person and the facility was perfect for the size of class.
This was an excellent class and recommend it to anyone interested in developing AR platform skills.

Thanks Ken, Thanks Ron

Jay Cunningham
01-11-09, 19:25
+1

Great class, great instructor. I learned some stuff that never before even crossed my mind.

Nice meeting you pictaker, and I hope we will get some new members (yes I did mention M4C once or twice!)

Thanks Ron for letting some Regular Joe's into the class. You should have that ball bearing made into a ring!

VA_Dinger
01-11-09, 19:39
That sounds like one hell of a class.

Iraqgunz
01-12-09, 06:49
I think Ken Elmore teaches a great course and I am trying to fit the advanced course into my schedule sometime in 2009. Hopefully, I can buy him lunch next time I am back home. I usually tell some of the knuckle draggers to go to a course like this. It will make you think about more than just pulling the trigger.

Ron Flowers
01-22-09, 15:46
+1

Great class, great instructor. I learned some stuff that never before even crossed my mind.

Nice meeting you pictaker, and I hope we will get some new members (yes I did mention M4C once or twice!)

Thanks Ron for letting some Regular Joe's into the class. You should have that ball bearing made into a ring!

ok, smartass... :) that way I'd never lose it again? :) Thanks for coming, it was great to meet y'all!

torrpd
01-27-09, 02:04
I took Ken's class last year and learned alot about the M16, you got to love those shorts and unhemmed shirts:p

pah151
01-29-09, 05:38
The class was great. Ken was willing to take the time and discuss issues that people brought up along the way. I learned alot from the class and want to thank Ron and Ken for allowing us regualr gun guys into the class. I would recommend the class to anyone who wants to know the in and outs of the M16/M4/AR-15. One of the best parts of the class was that no topic was off limits. I only hope that the advanced class will be offered by a "civilian friendly" department soon.

Iraqgunz
01-29-09, 07:04
Is he still wearing those short shorts like Lt. Dangle from RENO 911? :p

I took Ken's class last year and learned alot about the M16, you got to love those shorts and unhemmed shirts:p