PDA

View Full Version : HK 45 and P30L

dutch
01-13-09, 09:41
I am looking to buy a new plastic gun and these are 2 of my top contenders. Why does the new p30L not have the o-ring on the bbl. I thought this made some great difference in the accuracy dept according to HK. I have yet to shoot one but are they generally any more accurate than anything else(M@P, Glock, XD, Beretta).

Saginaw79
01-13-09, 10:18
Your decision should come down to caliber as they are both great guns

I have an HK45 and love it, but I also really want a P30 though Im not a 9mm fan

So choose 9mm or 45 and you have your answer!:)

The Dumb Gun Collector
01-13-09, 10:41
Don't worry about the o-ring. Like the above-poster said, decide between the calibers. If this is your only gun, I would select the 9mm. If you are a gun nut, I would pick the .45.

I have an HK45 and it is excellent. I have never owned a P30 but I owned a P2000 and it was a great pistol. The P30 is, IMHO, the cutting-edge in 9mm service pistols right now.

dutch
01-13-09, 20:41
I have had many 45s in 1911s and still have a few,springer pro, colt gunsite, and just sold a bear. I already regret that one. This is the 1st service pistol in a while for me. What I am really after is the accuracy of a top 1911 or as close as I can get in a service handgun. The general rule seemes to be the the HKs are somewhat more accurate than other plastic guns(glock,m&p,hd) for whatever reason. I know most all of them are top shelf in terms of running right so I was after accuracy as my #1 reason for the HK over the others. Thanks for any replies.

HK45
01-13-09, 22:16
I have multiple HK45, 45c, two P30L and one P30. I was never an HK fan until these newer models came out. Always thought they were built like tanks but too bulky with crappy triggers. The new models are extremely high quality pistols that anyone would be proud to own. As far as accuracy they are like sharks with frickin laser beams. :) Either the HK45 or P30L will be as accurate as a top 1911 (I own quite a few of those too, Baer, Wilson, and Ed Brown). Caliber depends on what you prefer, what you shoot best, and how much you shoot and care about ammo costs. For gun games the P30L is friggin awesome and 9mm is much cheaper. Don't disregard the HK45c. It gives up nothing in accuracy to the full size and can also be easily ccw'ed. Then again I ccw the full size Hk45 and P30L but I'm a pretty big guy. I don't know why the P30's do not have the o-ring but they are still very accurate. These pistols really bring out the best in me when shooting due to ergo's and overall feel like very few other pistols have ever done. Generally CDNN Investments has the best prices btw.

mourneblade
01-14-09, 12:54
I have both the HK45 and P30(not L). They're both really great guns, but I'm more accurate with the P30, although that might say more about the cost of ammo. If I could own only one I'd pick the P30, otherwise it's a toss up for me.

The Dumb Gun Collector
01-14-09, 17:55
Mourneblade!

Ha, I get that reference. You nerd!:D:D:D

Wait, if I got it, I am a nerd!:p

mourneblade
01-14-09, 19:54
I'm afraid so, atleast we're well read! :)

Mourneblade!

Ha, I get that reference. You nerd!:D:D:D

Wait, if I got it, I am a nerd!:p