PDA

View Full Version : Non-Blowback Pistol Caliber Carbine

usmc51
01-13-09, 19:07
Has anyone tried building one on this forum? I read elsewhere about someone's .357 SIG AR carbine that used a DI system. Seems to me that these piston conversion kits would be ideal for this concept, as they bleed off the excess gasses not needed. I was thinking about trying one in 9mm. I don't have a preference of DI or piston, but the piston does seem easier to regulate.

constructor
01-14-09, 02:17
Has anyone tried building one on this forum? I read elsewhere about someone's .357 SIG AR carbine that used a DI system. Seems to me that these piston conversion kits would be ideal for this concept, as they bleed off the excess gasses not needed. I was thinking about trying one in 9mm. I don't have a preference of DI or piston, but the piston does seem easier to regulate.
Pistol cartridges that use very fast burning powder lose pressure in the barrel too fast for a DI system. If you could find a caliber that uses IMR 4227 or something slower like an old 44 auto mag and use a carbine gas system then maybe. JMO

usmc51
01-15-09, 18:44
I wonder if a pistol-length piston system could make it work?

ron458
01-19-09, 15:48
I have a few DI pistol cals running. The biggie was the 45acp. Check my post.

Topmaul
02-06-09, 18:12
I have a CX4 Storm carbine and really like it once I fixed the liability trigger.