PDA

View Full Version : Gun Case?

HwyKnight
01-14-09, 04:25
After installing my EoTech, vertical grip, and laser my gun no longer fits in the factory case. I looked at the Leapers/UTG 42" soft case, and it seems nice. I may consider a hard sided case though. What do you guys recommend?

rob_s
01-14-09, 05:20
Eagle discrete weapon case.

telecustom
01-14-09, 08:00
Leapers/UTG = JUNK

Go with the Eagle Case.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-14-09, 08:29
Which hard side cases will the Discreet fit into for Airline travel?

fireball
01-14-09, 12:00
Check out the Hardigg Storm and Starlight hardcases on the web. Airlines and others may steal the case but would hard pressed to break what's inside. Should last at least your lifetime unless you crash from a few thousand feet or involved with some high explosives. Lots of military use with both brands. Ads show tanks rolling over them and a dude floating on a case and paddling in water with no damage to whats inside. I have owned both brands for years to carry my long guns. Excellent service out of both. Compare side by side Storm,Starlight and Pelican you can see the difference. Storm and Starlight long gun cases may run$200.00 to $ 300.00 each more or less. All the above mentioned cases are heavy so I would buy one with the attached wheels. Good Luck.

Fireball

nickdrak
01-14-09, 12:30
If you want to save a few bucks, the 5.11 Tactical 36" single gun case is a good option. For $90.00 it is a very nice case.

If you want to go all out, the Eagle or the Hardigg Mobile Armory discreet soft cases are the way to go.

Ttwwaack
01-14-09, 15:10
I was working out of town almost three years ago and got a smokin' deal on a POF. Looked at throwing it behind the seat of the truck till I got to my motel where I had a hard case and figured WTF, and picked up a UTG case in ACU. It's got nice padding and six double 30 rd mag pockets. I didn't know who UTG was but it had good padding. It worked out nice because I was moving around alot that summer. It is now starting to frey ect.

Would I again knowing what is available. No. I gave $35.00 for it. I've got cheesey hard cases coming out the waaaazzoooooo at home from when I was in the miliraey shipping guns all over the world. If I was to do it again, I would spend the money once and get a nice soft case or a nice small hard case.

The advantage of a nice hard case is that you can fly with it. I only travel with Pelican/Browning and Kallispel. Alaska Air has tested my Kallispel twice and 7K intrusted to the case was :) when I picked it up at PDX. I'd like to FF a storm case and see if it could withstand the airlines. I've got a co-worker who used to work for Delta Air cargo. He said if it was marked fragile, they threw it overhand instead of underhand.

HwyKnight
01-14-09, 17:50
I just need a decent case to get back and forth to the range, I won't be flying with it.

ST911
01-14-09, 18:39
I just need a decent case to get back and forth to the range, I won't be flying with it.

For little more than many of the lessers (5.11, BHI, etc), you can have a quality case like an Eagle. UTG or UM isn't even an option IMHO.

Pay for quality once, pay for cheap forever.