PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Familiar with Dow FAL15

rat31465
01-15-09, 08:02
Dow FAL15©.
While I dont believe that I will be making a purchase myself...I was just curious about others thinking with regards to this rifle. Rather interesting approach towards producing an AR style rifle which might be viewed as "Politically Correct" Not that I have ever cared about being politically correct mind you.....:D

https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=249

http://www.tacticalrifles.net/tactical_fal15.asp

Vic303
01-15-09, 08:23
No, but it looks...interesting...
Wonder if it is piston or not?

1859sharps
01-15-09, 10:01
how is this rifle "Politically Correct"????

rat31465
01-15-09, 10:25

With the wood stock and fore arm it has a more classic non-militaristic look and does away with the "Evil Black Rifle" look that sems to be so offensive to the uneducated.

Could be more accepted to the anti-gun types?

NOTE* I didn't say that I liked it....just making a comment is all.

decodeddiesel
01-15-09, 12:52

Fixed stock, no bayo lug, no muzzle device (aka flash hider).

SoDak
01-15-09, 12:59
It would be kind of neat if they would make one with plastic fal handguards.

Avenger29
01-15-09, 18:51
I so want one...

I really like the look of the wood and the left side charging handle...

1859sharps
01-15-09, 19:58
going to respectfully disagree that lack of flash suppressor, bayo lug and a fixed stock make this rifle PC. might have worked in the 90's but not anymore.

The other side has learned from past bans and ban attempts. IF they try a fresh band, don't expect the lack of these features to save a rifle from being banned.

The only reason features (flash suppressor, bayo lug etc) ever was an issue was they had to find some way to define what the heck an assault weapon was. honestly they didn't care, if they could have gotten away with it we wouldn't even talk about assault weapon bans, but the day they banned any gun that fires in semi auto mode.

IF a new ban is proposed, they are going to more then likly just go for the whole enchilada and try and ban all semi autos.