PDA

View Full Version : Zero on a Matech

mike01ta
11-27-06, 13:14
Is there an Improved Battlesight Zero for a Matech? I have access to 50 and 100 yd ranges. Not 25 meters. Would it be bad in the long run just to zero it at 50 and see how close it is at 100. I doubt I will be needing to take a 200 to 300 meter headshot. I would just like to have it shoot well at 50 and 100 yds. And be close in the off chance I get out to my Moms place where I can set up for 200 yds or longer. Thanks.
Also if interested I can tell yall how to get a geniune Matech for 35$ shipped.

MD

Pat_Rogers
11-27-06, 16:24
Mike- understanding that a 14.5" carbine is not a precision weapon, and that the iron sights- be it issue A2 or BUIS are faaaar from being target sights- and, that the average and common ammunition types are 4 moa or more, try this.

Run your Matech down to the 200m setting.
Go to the 50 yd line, and shoot Point of Aim/ Point of Impact.

Go back and read the first paragraph.

That 50 yd zero- situationally depending on your ability, the capability of the barrel, the mechanical accuracy of the BUIS, and the inherent accuracy of the ammunition you are shooting, the variable such as bullet weight, MV and so forth- should put you about on the paper at 200.
You may be appx a tad higher then POA at 100, and appx 1.25" low at 25.

Don't get too nuts over this.
Freddie Blish just did a pretty interesting study on how the A2 sights react to adjustments for both the M16A2 and M4 Carbines.

It makes you realize that you can run yourself into the nut house while trying for accuracy that may not exist with your particular combination.

mike01ta
11-27-06, 16:32
Mike- understanding that a 14.5" carbine is not a precision weapon, and that the iron sights- be it issue A2 or BUIS are faaaar from being target sights- and, that the average and common ammunition types are 4 moa or more, try this.

Run your Matech down to the 200m setting.
Go to the 50 yd line, and shoot Point of Aim/ Point of Impact.

Go back and read the first paragraph.

That 50 yd zero- situationally depending on your ability, the capability of the barrel, the mechanical accuracy of the BUIS, and the inherent accuracy of the ammunition you are shooting, the variable such as bullet weight, MV and so forth- should put you about on the paper at 200.
You may be appx a tad higher then POA at 100, and appx 1.25" low at 25.

Don't get too nuts over this.
Freddie Blish just did a pretty interesting study on how the A2 sights react to adjustments for both the M16A2 and M4 Carbines.

It makes you realize that you can run yourself into the nut house while trying for accuracy that may not exist with your particular combination.

Thanks, I just wanted to be in the ballpark. I was not expecting precision, but your explanation summed it all up for me. I can see how this could drive me crazy if I didnt approach it like you suggest.
MD

Pat_Rogers
11-27-06, 17:29
Glad to help. Just remember that you'll have to verify it at the zero distance (in this case, 200) but you should be right in the ballpark.
Good luck!