PDA

View Full Version : Tango Down Grip and Magpul Trigger guard

lanceriley
01-16-09, 11:16
Will the Tangodown grip work with the magpul trigger guard? looks like the tango down grip cover the gap... which interferes with the magpul trigger guard?

the_fallguy
01-16-09, 12:09
I have seen them used together on several rifles. They are good to go as far as I can tell.

YVK
01-16-09, 12:25
I have this setup on a Mega lower. No interference.

Eric Shelton
01-16-09, 17:07
I had to press my Tango Down grip in just a little bit harder- the gap covering lip does press against the Magpul trigger guard. Having said that, the trigger guard doesn't press the grip extension very far at all. I'm talking like maybe 1mm.

I love my TD grip. I will say that if I was doing it over, I would probably consider a MIAD now. But either one is fantastic, and the Magpul trigger guard is the best piece available.

MisterWilson
01-16-09, 17:18
Worst case scenario you can take this stuff called SANDPAPER and do something our forefathers would have done:

Make it work.

zgrins1
01-16-09, 17:21
Just finished one of my lowers same way with no problems. One thing I've noticed - Tango Down grip was hard to get on to my Stag lower. My other grips are A2s and one G27 slip on without any resistance.

Eric Shelton
01-16-09, 17:22
Worst case scenario you can take this stuff called SANDPAPER and do something our forefathers would have done:

Make it work.

LOL! Ow! You made me shoot coffee out my nose! Really good point, though.

lanceriley
01-16-09, 18:09
oh alright... in case I have to sand. which one should I sand? the trigger guard? or the grip. I got the trigger guard first that's why it got me worried

MIAD grip seems to be too big for me.

im using an A2 grip right now. tango down should be of the same size right? what about MIAD MOE. would it have the same size as Tango down or A2? or bigger?

Eric Shelton
01-16-09, 18:15
Sand the grip!!! LOL. That's the polymer piece. Don't mar the metal and finish of the guard if you don't have to.

The MIAD has adjustable panels, but like I said, the TD is great too.

Abraxas
01-16-09, 18:17
Will the Tangodown grip work with the magpul trigger guard? looks like the tango down grip cover the gap... which interferes with the magpul trigger guard?

I have this set up on two of my rifles. It works fine

Eric Shelton
01-16-09, 18:23
Yeah, listen to Abraxas. And like I said, I've got the same setup- it just seats firmly. There's nothing wrong with it and you don't need to sand.

The TD grip will be a little larger than the stock grip at the butt, but overall I think you'll really like it. I tend to forget that I've got big ol' monkey mitts and usually want the biggest grip available.

Forget sanding. Just put the grip on.

mtk
01-16-09, 19:53
I have this setup on a Mega lower. No interference.

Same here, times two.

lanceriley
01-16-09, 21:50
if it's not too much to ask.. anybody has picture?

Tango down is smaller in diameter right? or is it just like the a2?

I was also looking at the MIAD MOE. take note it's the moe. it has fixed panels and is one piece. how big is it?

the_fallguy
01-16-09, 23:50
The MOE is deeper than the Tango Down Battle grip is where the web of your hand will fit. I really like my MOE, but I have large hands. If my hands were smaller I would probably go with the Tango Down (or try out the MIAD using the smaller back strap).

Eric Shelton
01-18-09, 11:16
Here you go, lanceriley. Pic, as requested, and NO filing or sanding is needed. Cool?
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/FloatingAxehead/IMG_3712.jpg

You seem really stuck on the diameter compared to an A2. Do you have freakishly small hands? Do you have someplace nearby that would stock the parts, so you can simply go feel it before you buy?

lanceriley
01-18-09, 18:29
I like the MIAD with the rear strap that has a tail on it.

I actually have a friend who uses a MIAD he had the backstrap with the tail and the front a2 groove.

I felt that it was big. I know that they have smaller back and front strap. but just loooks wierd.

how's the angle of the tango down? is it different?
From where I am. everyone is always on the what's new bandwagon.
so right now the craze is on Magpul this and magpul that. not that it's bad. we're just opting for a different look. the ar15 furniture craze just started over here... :D actually we have
m16s. We're still stuck with the Classic Military M4 look. though everyone has pmags already :D

thanks for the pix again... so does tango down have a different angle?

Eric Shelton
01-18-09, 19:03
I got my Marksman ribbon with the M-16 a loooong time ago now, so I couldn't really tell you if the grip angle is noticeably different or not. Too many cobwebs since I was spending that much time with a gov't issue rifle. ;) I'd guess it's close to the same. I don't notice any difference when I shoulder a rifle with the A2 vs the Tango Down- it's all about on-board storage for me.

You're right about the "what's new" bandwagon, and I was hugely resistant to the idea of the MIAD. What I discovered I liked about it was the ability to store a spare bolt and firing pin. I thought the "interchangeable core" thing was a gimmick too, but being able to store a bolt securely is a big plus to me. Mine rolls around a little loose in my TD vert fore grip. And after other Magpul parts have proven themselves to me, I have complete faith in their stuff.

Having said that, I've already got a TD Battle Grip, and have no plans to get rid of it. Just pointing out options.

lanceriley
01-18-09, 22:21
I don't really need the storage space in the bottom... or.. maybe I do I just don't know it yet :D

I just need something solid that fits my hand. don't wear gloves anyway. too hot for that in my country. Thanks for the Tip. will be looking at TD products.