PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show

ping33tx
01-16-09, 14:07
Hi there is a Gun Show at Reliant Park in Houston Tx this weekend.I was wondering by chance of any dealers from the forum plan on being there.Reason why i am asking i am looking forward on being a first time owner of a AR-15 for sport and home defense.Anyway thank you for reading.Ping33tx

AirmanAtwood
01-16-09, 14:13
Make sure u bring LOOOOOTS of cash, because the prices are most likely going to be outrageous

thopkins22
01-16-09, 14:17
PM sent, and yes...be very careful, prices for evil things will be obscene. I'm hoping to find one of those Norinco knock off 870s, so if you see one will you scream it at the top of your lungs so I can come over?;)

Iraq Ninja
01-16-09, 14:19
I don't think there will be any dealers from here at the show. There are quite a few good tactical dealers at the show. One of my favs is Jen from Texas Tactical Supply. Her prices are around retail, but has a good selection. She was the only one last week with the new Magpul MOE handguards. SOG is ok, but only as a last resort since they are normally retail or more.

The sad thing about gun shows is that they are a collection of retailers these days. That can be a good thing for shopping around, but I miss the old days too. Gun shows used to be where you went to get a good deal. Not so much these days.

I am going to be there when the doors open on Saturday if you want to link up.

Iraq Ninja
01-16-09, 14:23
BTW, if anyone in Houston wants to go shooting, I am a member of the PSC range down in Pearland. I am home on leave till the 28th. Its a great range with no Safety Nazis walking around.

ping33tx
01-16-09, 14:31
BTW, if anyone in Houston wants to go shooting, I am a member of the PSC range down in Pearland. I am home on leave till the 28th. Its a great range with no Safety Nazis walking around.

Hi Ninja,Thank you for the info and the invite.Yep yall are right i do believe the prices will be marked up alot.again thanks ninja for the info and we support all your efforts and all of the armed services,Thanks

thopkins22
01-16-09, 14:52

Count me in, I'm a member there as well.

ping33tx
01-17-09, 04:48
Well Here it is almost 5am and i am wearing freaking nomax,Looks Like i wont be going to the gun show after all.Got called in to work because some poor bastard does want to come to work.The joy of an Refinery worker.Yall have fun.Someone pick me up a AR-15 and i'll pay you after i get off.lol.See yall have a great weekend.

Iraq Ninja
01-17-09, 06:31
There is always Sunday bro...

ping33tx
01-17-09, 09:54
There is always Sunday bro...

Yep your right,Hopefully i wont be called in again.But the sad thing is all the good stuff will be gone today. :( Ninja please let me know if it's worth for me going maybe tomorrow,Thx bud take care and have some fun,going back and start making some more gasoline,Eric

Iraq Ninja
01-17-09, 16:54
Overall, I thought the show was OK, but not great. Less of the normal dealers that I see at the shows. I wonder if some of them were at SHOT...

SOG had a LMT upper for around 700. Their Pmags were just about all gone by 2pm. The price was around $25 for the 30s, and 20 for the 20s. They were the only ones who had mid length handguards, so I bought em for my new Bravo Company upper. They also had a RRA 458 Socom, and a Bushmaster 450. Nobody else had em...

There were quite a few good M4s for sale from the various Big Dealers. I think the cheapest were the Bushmasters at around $1200.

Jen for Texas Tactical Supply had a good selection. She had two LWRC piston uppers, two Charles Daly carbines, and lot of lowers from POF, RRA, and Double Star. People were passing by the Charles Daly, obvious not aware of how good they are.

I didn't see a lot of the M4 style rifles selling. Most of the ones were still there when I left at 2 pm.

There were more than a few 5.7 uppers for sale, a Spikes upper, and one SW 5.45 upper

In regards to AK stuff, not a whole of deals. Lots of Century AK74s, but I suspect they were the "Key hole" barrels that people are complaining about. WASRs were at least 600 and up.

Ammo to Go was there, but the selection was lower than in the past. Their prices were ok, but when you figure in taxes, it appeared to be higher than buying online.

The "Nut Kicker" award goes to the fellow selling a stripped Double Star lower for $300. Fountain firearms were high priced as well. I think they had a PS90 priced over 2K, which caused me to choke on my beef jerky.

There was a dealer of Red Dot clones doing a lot of business. His fake EOTECHs looked real good until you looked at them up close.

pccurtis
01-17-09, 17:45
Overall, I thought the show was OK, but not great. Less of the normal dealers that I see at the shows. I wonder if some of them were at SHOT...

SOG had a LMT upper for around 700. Their Pmags were just about all gone by 2pm. The price was around $25 for the 30s, and 20 for the 20s. They were the only ones who had mid length handguards, so I bought em for my new Bravo Company upper. They also had a RRA 458 Socom, and a Bushmaster 450. Nobody else had em...

There were quite a few good M4s for sale from the various Big Dealers. I think the cheapest were the Bushmasters at around $1200.

Jen for Texas Tactical Supply had a good selection. She had two LWRC piston uppers, two Charles Daly carbines, and lot of lowers from POF, RRA, and Double Star. People were passing by the Charles Daly, obvious not aware of how good they are.

I didn't see a lot of the M4 style rifles selling. Most of the ones were still there when I left at 2 pm.

There were more than a few 5.7 uppers for sale, a Spikes upper, and one SW 5.45 upper

In regards to AK stuff, not a whole of deals. Lots of Century AK74s, but I suspect they were the "Key hole" barrels that people are complaining about. WASRs were at least 600 and up.

Ammo to Go was there, but the selection was lower than in the past. Their prices were ok, but when you figure in taxes, it appeared to be higher than buying online.

The "Nut Kicker" award goes to the fellow selling a stripped Double Star lower for $300. Fountain firearms were high priced as well. I think they had a PS90 priced over 2K, which caused me to choke on my beef jerky.

There was a dealer of Red Dot clones doing a lot of business. His fake EOTECHs looked real good until you looked at them up close.

First post here:

The gun show in Austin was pretty pathetic as usual. There was one dealer that had a NIB 6920 for $2499 and marked down to $1899. :rolleyes:Pretty sad.

BTW: Just as an added note, my screen name on TOS is pcurtis; for some reason when I registered would not let me register. So, if this is an issue; the MODS need to let me know.

T3550N
01-17-09, 18:59
Ya, I hit up the WAC Show in Puyallup today and let me just say...I'm glad I wasn't in need of an AR.

$2000 for a tacticooled OlyArms. Good Lord.

Ammo was decent though. 1000 Federal Lake City in ammo cans for $400 no tax. Saw some other deals on factory reloads.

Got a chance to handle EoTech's and Aimpoints and see what I fancied.

Sweetest thing I saw was an arms collector who had a bunch of display cases with 1911's with historical value. He had one from a guy who was on the USS Arizona. He had another that was carried by a guy on one of the bomber planes that did the first atmospheric nuclear detonation in the atols. Nice to talk to the guy.

T3550N
01-17-09, 19:00
Oh and PMAG's ranged from $20-$35 for black windowless 30rd. Good grief.

Iraq Ninja
01-17-09, 20:39
BTW, the Houston show had a booth for some kind of College Vets trying to raise money with a raffle. One of the girls behind the table had one of the best uppers of the whole show. They were simply amazing and she was proudly showing em off. I got chased off trying to stick dollar bills in her pants.... :)

bkb0000
01-17-09, 21:38
One of my favs is Jen from Texas Tactical Supply. Her prices are around retail, but has a good selection. She was the only one last week with the new Magpul MOE handguards.

i've been waiting for two orders of pmags- she told me were boxed up and ready to ship last time i talked to her- since about November 10th. no reply to emails, nobody answering the phone. i'd forgotten all about that till i saw this post.

sea_demon2003
01-18-09, 12:11
Ninja,
I too saw those uppers at the College Vets booth and I do believe that they were some of the best looking ones there. I wasn't sure of the price though:D!
Overall it wasn't a bad show. I did see a Colt 6920 that was $1650 and that was down from the last show where they were running closer to $2000. Ammos was for the most part non-existant but I did hear that Ammo to Go was pretty well wiped out of XM193 as the doors opened.
I didn't by a damn thing other than cleaning supplies. I was hoping for 20 round FDE Pmags but no luck.

jpprescott
01-18-09, 13:49
I saw the $700 LMT (was told that was WITHOUT bcg!). didnt see alot of deals, picked up someMagpul handguards from Texas Tactical, and some 226 mags..

pccurtis
01-18-09, 17:01
BTW, the Houston show had a booth for some kind of College Vets trying to raise money with a raffle. One of the girls behind the table had one of the best uppers of the whole show. They were simply amazing and she was proudly showing em off. I got chased off trying to stick dollar bills in her pants.... :)

Sounds like I need to hit the Houston show again:D. I would need to leave my better half at home.