PDA

View Full Version : Swapping Sig 220 slides

NCPatrolAR
01-19-09, 00:35
Anyone know if the slide from an older 220 (serial number range G 334 ---) will fit on a new 220 SAO railed frame?

one
01-19-09, 00:46
A couple years back I bought a carbon P226 slide to have nickled and put on a P226R. It would go bang but when that slide was on the frame I could not hit an FBI Q target at 20 yards.

I don't know how or what exactly changed but when I'd go back to the original stainless slide the gun would cut bullets one on top of the other like every other Sig I've ever had.

So it'll probably work, but it might suck.

Ross
01-19-09, 04:43
I bought a CPO with a SST frame and a rolled and stamped slide (somtimes CPOs come in odd configurations). I swapped the slide assy off my P220 match, which gave me an all-stainless steel match, and an alloy frame/stamped and rolled slide. They work fine, and I seem to fit as well as on their original frames. I haven't noticed any difference in accuracy between the original combinations and the new ones.

I did have to swap takedown levers as well. On one of the combinations, the lever would start to rotate on it's own. Swapping levers eliminated this.

I don't know if there's any real difference with an SAO frame as far as how they go together. On the SA/DA frames though, it didn't seem to matter as far as older stamped and rolled and newer stainless.

John Hearne
01-20-09, 21:10
Sig has varied the slide rail thickness over the years. If the gun will reassemble smoothly and not have a lot of slop, it should be fine. Mixing newer gun parts with newer gun parts and older gun parts with older gun parts is the best route.

87GN
01-22-09, 20:37
I just swapped the slides between my SAO Carry and my DA/SA full size 220s.

I now have a fullsize SAO! Sweet!