PDA

View Full Version : finally got to shoot my build today.

Caeser25
01-19-09, 19:04
American Eagle XM193 was sale at Dunhams for $7.99, unfortunately they only had 10 boxes. I fired a little over 200 rounds total. got it zeroed and ran the rest of the ammo through alt c qual targets, no issues whatsoever. I do have a question about which buffer to use for future use. 16" LMT upper with a Larue M16 BCG, it ran fine with the CAR buffer and with the H buffer. Should I stick with the H buffer or the CAR buffer?

spamsammich
01-19-09, 19:12
I don't get why people get so caught up with the buffer weights if the one they have in the gun currently works. It may be pretty inexpensive, but I see all this fixing what aint broke and wonder why. In your case, which buffer do you feel most comfortable with? I run the standard carbine buffer in all my LMT rifles and my Sabre 16" middy. I run 1 H buffer in my spare lower but have never had cycling issues with any of my rifles. For now I'm content with the car buffer, I'll swap it out for an H if I ever need to but only then.

Caeser25
01-19-09, 20:23
It felt better with the H, I bought both just to have both on hand, the same reason I have extra springs, bolts, firing pins etc.