PDA

View Full Version : Texas Brigade Armory

VA_Dinger
06-19-06, 12:56
Does anybody have any experience with Texas Brigade Armory? I really like the looks of their M24 & M40.

www.texasbrigadearmory.com

Steve_Morrison
06-19-06, 13:36
I have seen and handled a few of Mike's rifles- I think they are very well built and his attention to detail is excellent. The rifles I know of all shoot very well.

An Accuracy International AW or AWP would be my choice for a heavy duty sniper rifle, but if I felt nostalgic for a M40 or M24 clone built with authenticity in mind, he would be on my short list.

Mike has a reputation for going very good work. As with any perfectionist craftsman, be prepared to wait for the end product.

m24shooter
06-27-06, 13:05
Mike does a very good job and will work with you on whatever you want to do. It will take a significant amount of time, he may not call you right back, but his rifles are very well done and worth the wait.

Cold
06-30-06, 08:46
they look like they do good work, but I never heard of em while I was in Tx. Im interested in toehr replies from people with some of their stuff.

VA_Dinger
07-01-06, 23:38
Thanks guys.

I'm not really interested in buying a true M24 or M40 clone. I just figured that these packages were a nice already proven package for a guy who admittedly does not know much about precision bolt guns.

mike240
08-29-06, 10:59
I shot one of TBA rifles a few years back...very nice. Issued to a Albequeque PD sniper. Far as I know TBA made or rebuilt/barreled all of their rifles. APD snipers have been very active over the last 10 years! And very effective.

SinnFéinM1911
08-29-06, 11:10
Not to hijack your thread, but you should look at the FN A3G's, If I may use the quote... "They shoot like a house of fire"

All leave here with .5 MOA.. EVERYONE.. and I have one in my office with 17,000 + rounds though it and Im still getting Sub MOA. and I am not a Long range shooter by trade. . NO BS, and its logged and still shot.

ok, i ll shut up now .. sorry !

The_Biased_Observer
08-31-06, 04:20
Not to hijack your thread, but you should look at the FN A3G's, If I may use the quote... "They shoot like a house of fire"

All leave here with .5 MOA.. EVERYONE.. and I have one in my office with 17,000 + rounds though it and Im still getting Sub MOA. and I am not a Long range shooter by trade. . NO BS, and its logged and still shot.

ok, i ll shut up now .. sorry !
I've been waiting for a WSM model to hit the streets but have never seen one. Where they at?

Disregard, found them (No A3's tho).

Nitrox
08-31-06, 10:32
Not to say the SPRs are bad but they have had what I consider a lot of reported problems. In fact, a week does not go by without someone bringing them up on the hide with a warranty issue.

If it were my money I'd call GAP.

Ben Lenett
09-05-06, 08:41
That is correct. TBA built the bolt guns for Albuquerque SWAT. They seem to be quite happy with what they have received.

Mike Lau's work is outstanding and you will not be unhappy with the results.

sgtlmj
10-20-06, 08:51
I have had a TBA rifle since '98. She's been with me through thick and thin and never let me down. Over 2,800 rounds so far and still shoots ragged holes. Just shot a 5.25" group at 1,000 yards with her a couple weeks ago. She's had a couple different scopes on her and I just changed the mounting system.

Mike is a great guy and builds top notch rifles. That said, you must have patience since his work is in high demand and he pretty much does it all on his own. If I need little work done I send my rifle to George Gardner at GAP.

http://www.sgtlmj.com/images/nxs.jpg

m118lr762
01-13-07, 13:39
I have know Mike Lau for some time now. I have been to his shop and have shot his rifles. He does real good work. Like was posted before, Mike is a one man operation and he has a lot of work. It is not uncommon for it to take one years to 18 months to get a rifle built. If you need a rifle done soon I would recommend George at G.A Precision. He does GREAT work and his turn run time is faster.:cool:

Zak Smith
01-13-07, 18:24
There have been threads on SnipersHide about problems dealing with TBA. I also have a friend who has a TBA rifle... I don't remember all the details, but it took dramatically longer to get built than was quoted and had to be sent back immediately because some wrong parts were used. That said, it seems to shoot well now.

With the likes of GAP, Surgeon, KMW and the excellent factory rifles in the same price range, I don't see any reason to deal with someone with questionable customer service.

IMO, just what I have observed, YMMV, etc...