PDA

View Full Version : Which buffer tube, where to buy?

toasterlocker
01-19-09, 22:13
Recently bought a new lower with parts kit installed, but no stock, buffer tube, buffer etc. I'm planning on going with a CTR or MOE for the stock, but where should I get the rest of the stuff?

Robb Jensen
01-19-09, 22:26
I like LMT/VLTOR/BCM mil-spec receiver extension and BCM/LMT castle nuts and end plates from all three if not using the excellent Daniel Defense QD sling swivel end plate.

sourdough44
01-20-09, 08:03
I recently put a CTR stock on a 16" build I just completed. I ordered the 'kit' which included the buffer, tube, & spring. I got it together just to be extra sure the buffer tube was matched to the CTR stock. Inventory has been spotty but I got it from Del-Ton in NC. I went with the 'commercial' set-up as it was more available & I don't plan to do any changing. It locks up tight & I am very pleased with it.

tweakmeister
01-20-09, 21:57
Recommend a Mil-spec (not Commercial) buffer tube with corresponding Mil-spec stock.

PKfirearms has everything you need in stock.

Shihan
01-21-09, 02:22
The Vltor are very good and the numbering is nice. I also like the retaining lip on the LMT so its really a toss up and both are top notch quality.