PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6920 price

white spaniard
01-20-09, 09:10
One of my co workers is getting out of shooting and he wants to sell everything AR related (10 p mags, 15 aluminum mil spec mags, 3K of Frderal XM193 and 500 rounds of Hornady 75Gr ammo, storm case, aimpoint comp M3) and of course Colt 6920 rifle we wants to get 4K for everything is price to high?

faithmyeyes
01-20-09, 10:06
It's probably not unreasonable given what the current market seems to be. A friend of mine just paid $1800 to have a 6920 now, and it's certainly possible to pay more than that for one. The 3500 rds of ammo alone are probably worth $1200 (quite possibly more). Add the Aimpoint, mags, and case, and I don't think you'd miss the $4k by much. It might even be a pretty good deal.

EDIT: Maybe my ammo estimate is a little high, but around here real 5.56 ammo that you can actually get is running over $400 per 1k. I've seen cheaper prices advertised, but none of those merchants actually have any. My guess for the rifle itself is definitely too high, I wasn't thinking "used" when I wrote it.

tpe187
01-20-09, 10:07
I wouldn't recommend trying to sell it as a "Package" It will be hard to find someone who wants that exact setup and ammo.

-Depending on how used the 6920 is, I think you could get $1500 for it in todays crazy market.
-Aimpoint M3 for probably $400, depending on the mount
-XM193 for probably $300 per 1000,
-Hornady 75gr, probalby about $500
Might look for a local buyer to avoid shipping on the ammo.
-10 PMAGs - $100
-15 GI mags - $75
-Hardigg case for probably $250

All told, I think he might get about $3700, but he will have to break everything up and deal with a bunch of folks.

If he is intent on selling as a package, he could probably get someone to take it all for $3k

Just my thoughts anyway. Good luck

pmarcusm
01-20-09, 10:08
YES...to high! he is asking retail pricing for everything. You can get all new stuff even at todays prices for near the same money if you shop around. I was at a gun show this past weekend and there were plenty of 6920's there and they were asking $1795.

white spaniard
01-20-09, 10:11
Ok will send him this link to read, I wanted to buy the ammo but he wants to sell the entire package all at once.

Rider79
01-20-09, 10:23
One of my co workers is getting out of shooting...

And how does one go about "getting out of shooting"?

Jay Cunningham
01-20-09, 10:27
And how does one go about "getting out of shooting"?

I would imagine that one sells all of one's firearms and ammo and doesn't shoot anymore...

Rider79
01-20-09, 10:37
I would imagine that one sells all of one's firearms and ammo and doesn't shoot anymore...

Hmm. Can't imagine doing such a thing. Waking up one day and saying, "you know what? I don't think I want to shoot anymore." Wouldn't know what to do without it. Anyway, I'd give the guy $3500 no problem if he lived around here.

kingc
01-20-09, 13:18
2 much. BTW, I would think that one who wants to get "out" of shooting never really got "in". 'twas just a passing fad/interest.

Rider79
01-20-09, 18:29
EDIT: My guess for the rifle itself is definitely too high, I wasn't thinking "used" when I wrote it.

But how "used" do you really think a rifle is, from a guy who wants to get "out" of shooting?

lmmmmm
01-20-09, 20:02
Im interested in his optic and mount....

and I think he should sell pieces individually then wait for the one person who wants the complete package. It will be very easy to sell individually. I already interested in the mount. :)

white spaniard
01-20-09, 20:17
Hmm. Can't imagine doing such a thing. Waking up one day and saying, "you know what? I don't think I want to shoot anymore." Wouldn't know what to do without it. Anyway, I'd give the guy $3500 no problem if he lived around here.

He doesn't want to get rid of his guns it's his wife to be that doesn't want them in HIS house, but I won't get into his affairs.

Rider79
01-20-09, 20:23
He doesn't want to get rid of his guns it's his wife to be that doesn't want them in HIS house, but I won't get into his affairs.

Poor guy, I almost feel bad for the guy. But not really, there's some things I'd just have to make a stand on. Guns, and the right to own them, are something I feel strongly enough about that something like that would be a dealbreaker for me. But I guess that's why I'm single. :rolleyes: