PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Oath and Address

parishioner
01-20-09, 17:05
Ok sooooo....I heard Obama take the presidential oath which is....

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Now if he installs an AWB, wont he be going against the oath????

He also went on to say in his address.....

"At these moments, America has carried on not simply because of the skill or vision of those in high office, but because We the People have remained faithful to the ideals of our forbearers, and true to our founding documents."

So he agrees that our dedication to our founding documents is why America has remained great.

So why would he want to change it???????

If he goes against this, I will throw this in his face. Or at least try to. :D

bullseye
01-20-09, 17:25
started to post a reply to this ,,,,,erased it,,, there is some sick sum-bitchs around this country today. THE WISE ONES!!!!

Spooky130
01-20-09, 17:52
Ok sooooo....I heard Obama take the presidential oath which is....

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Now if he installs an AWB, wont he be going against the oath????

He also went on to say in his address.....

"At these moments, America has carried on not simply because of the skill or vision of those in high office, but because We the People have remained faithful to the ideals of our forbearers, and true to our founding documents."

So he agrees that our dedication to our founding documents is why America has remained great.

So why would he want to change it???????

If he goes against this, I will throw this in his face. Or at least try to. :D

Don't try to understand the hypocrisy of Washington DC - it will only make you really, really mad.

I think this is ironic plus the ACLU wants nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. I am a firm believer that the 2nd Amendment guarantees all the other amendments...

Spooky

tinman44
01-20-09, 18:12
i'm still curious of what the three documents he signed were. he said "as my first official act i sign these" (or whatever) no mention as to what they were or at least not on fox

Rider79
01-20-09, 18:19
Don't try to understand the hypocrisy of Washington DC - it will only make you really, really mad.

I think this is ironic plus the ACLU wants nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. I am a firm believer that the 2nd Amendment guarantees all the other amendments...

Spooky

The ACLU of Nevada took the stand prior to the DC v. Heller decision that the 2nd was an individual right. The national ACLU just about shit themselves.

dbrowne1
01-20-09, 18:23
We ceased being faithful to the founders' vision and the Constitution a very long time ago. All we can do now is try to control the slide as we move even further away.

I can't wait to start hearing terms like "economic justice" and "assault weapons" and "income equity" thrown around Washington again.

lmmmmm
01-20-09, 19:52
i'm still curious of what the three documents he signed were. he said "as my first official act i sign these" (or whatever) no mention as to what they were or at least not on fox

he has to officially nominate his cabinet to congress (2 documents) and a feel good proclamation about national reconciliation.

Bat Guano
01-20-09, 20:02
Sorry--I don't believe anything I hear from that zip code anymore. "Credibility" is just a word in the dictionary now.:rolleyes:

BAC
01-20-09, 20:16
I almost dislike saying it, but he is right in that we do need to take a good hard look at the US Constitution. I already know the government needs some serious trimming down, if only to become more effective at what they're supposed to do, but y'all realize there is no constitutional provision for things like an Air Force and an Army, right? Little stuff like that. I'm sure we can agree that certain powers listed in Article 1, Section 8 should to be clarified. Likewise, I wouldn't mind a constitutional amendment redefining citizenship (born in U.S. does not equal U.S. citizen). Or a more blatant statement that the US Constitution provides the federal government with only the powers it lists. Or a more obvious declaration of the protection of state sovereignty.

Somehow I don't see that as what Mr. Obama meant, though. :(

-B

mmike87
01-20-09, 20:25
But the Constitution is a living, breathing document meant to be interpreted in tune with the times.

Well, that's what "they" say.

Unfortunately, "our" time is over. People who believe in the ENTIRE Constitution are becoming dinosaurs.

maximus83
01-21-09, 00:53
It aint' going to be long before the "assault" on assault weapons begins. He hasn't been in office one day, and already they've done a complete makeover of the whitehouse.gov site, and here's his stated agenda on guns (it comes from the "urban policy" section of his agenda):

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/

"Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent."

Rider79
01-21-09, 00:57
It aint' going to be long before the "assault" on assault weapons begins. He hasn't been in office one day, and already they've done a complete makeover of the whitehouse.gov site, and here's his stated agenda on guns (it comes from the "urban policy" section of his agenda):

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/

"Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent."

That's the same shit that was on the change.gov website, we've been over this. Katar, where are you?

bkb0000
01-21-09, 01:41
Likewise, I wouldn't mind a constitutional amendment redefining citizenship (born in U.S. does not equal U.S. citizen). Or a more blatant statement that the US Constitution provides the federal government with only the powers it lists. Or a more obvious declaration of the protection of state sovereignty.

yup. and yup, we won't get any of them.

NinjaMedic
01-21-09, 03:10
The first thing he signs as POTUS is his official cabinet nominees, funny story - when Clinton was inaugurated on of the US Capital police officers stopped him on his way into the capital after giving his speech and asked him to sign the back of his inauguration commemorative badge that they get with a sharpie and Clinton did it. That made the officers badge the first the that the POTUS signed he got in major trouble from his bosses . :D

ThirdWatcher
01-21-09, 17:18
Unfortunately, "our" time is over. People who believe in the ENTIRE Constitution are becoming dinosaurs.

I miss Ronald Reagan. While I didn't agree with everything he did, but he DID say the nine most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".:D

Jay Cunningham
01-21-09, 17:21
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=21370&page=9

We have a stuck thread at the top of this forum for this ongoing discussion.