PDA

View Full Version : Tango Down Vert Grip!

foxkid1
11-29-06, 17:06
Hey All! I need some input . I ordered a whole new setup including all the regular parts that everyone is familiar with...one of those parts was the YHM 2 piece 4 rail handguards that fit like regular handguards. my question is, I ordered a TD Vertical Grip and I have heard some info through the ever knowledgible grape vine that says I am going to have to file this vert grip to get it on the rail of my handguards? Anyone done this or have expierance with this issue? Thanks in advance....:confused:

JEHalloranIV
12-05-06, 08:05
I've got one one a carbine w/ a Knight's and a 20" rifle with a YHM FF rail...just use the provided wire ties to hold the locking tabs open and GENTLY tap it into place w/ a rubber mallet...better than grinding on you VFG...just take your time and be gentle, like the prom in high school...

foxkid1
12-05-06, 12:38
HAha ...THanks for using an anology I can understand! I guess thats what I will do! Thanks!

USMC
12-05-06, 12:57
I've had that problem with most of my rails when using the TD vert. grip. I hold the tabs back and have my 11 year old tap it down with a rubber mallet to where I want it. He normally only misses and hits me once or twice:D

KYPD
12-14-06, 12:06
TD Vert grips can be a pain to get on and off. First time for me was like the monkey and his football. Here is a tip. Place a single feeler gage blade between the rail and the two bars that retain the grip. Make sure the feeler gage is cleanly deburred so it doesn't scratch things up. The feeler gage will keep the bars clear while you push/tap the grip on/off. Just pull out the feeler gage when you have the grip where you want it and the bars will engage. Easy peezy japaneezy.

KYPD

Jarhead0331
12-14-06, 18:26
Great suggestion !!

Bliss
12-20-06, 05:07
No one should have any problems installing Jeff's grips, they go on like budda and come off equally easy. I've mounted them w/ no probs on KAC, Laure, Vltor (CASV & VIS), Daniel's, MRP, etc. I even sometimes take them off by hand after shooting just to load more guns per case...fact, I just pulled the one below for pics.

here's how the zip tie install looks...I thought Jeff included this as install directions...could be wrong. Anyway once you get it where you want, give it a tug or knock w/ the bottom of your fist to set it in place...you'll hear it lock.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/specsystms/TDgrip1.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/specsystms/TDgrip2.jpg

Cold Zero
12-20-06, 07:25
Bliss:

thanks for posting those photos. that helps a lot.

Bliss
12-20-06, 12:10
anytime!