PDA

View Full Version : FDE Daniel Defense Omega

akuoduck
01-21-09, 20:59
Anyone have a pic of a Flat Dark Earth Daniel Defense Omega on a gun (carbine preferably) that otherwise has the standard black receiver finish? I'm wondering if I should put one of these on my gun or go black with FDE rail panels.

Thanks.

Jay Cunningham
01-21-09, 21:05
The FDE rail includes FDE rail panels. FWIW (and at the risk of sounding ghey) the DD "FDE" is really a much deeper brown - I call it a mocha.

Yes, I know - ghey.

Here's an Omega on my 5.45mm S&W:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll200/Thekatar/gunpr0n004.jpg

Stickman
01-21-09, 21:35
FG or FDE furniture? I can't tell on my monitor.

akuoduck
01-21-09, 21:47
Thanks. That's alot darker than I was hoping for.

Stickman
01-21-09, 21:48
I recently saw some much lighter ones, I'm not sure if they were factory or what happened, but there was a huge difference.

Rider79
01-22-09, 01:09
The FDE rail includes FDE rail panels. FWIW (and at the risk of sounding ghey) the DD "FDE" is really a much deeper brown - I call it mocha.

I call it "poop". It wasn't what I expected, but I still like the way it looks. I have a 9.0 on one of my BCM midlength uppers. I wish DD would come out with their light mount in the same color, since the VTAC one I'm using sucks. I seem to remember Grant saying the reason for the color was they couldn't do the true milspec anodizing in real FDE, to properly meet specs it came out in shit brown. I'd show a pic, but posting pics is beyond my level of intelligence, and Katar's look better anyway.

bkb0000
01-22-09, 03:02
I call it "poop". It wasn't what I expected, but I still like the way it looks. I have a 9.0 on one of my BCM midlength uppers. I wish DD would come out with their light mount in the same color, since the VTAC one I'm using sucks. I seem to remember Grant saying the reason for the color was they couldn't do the true milspec anodizing in real FDE, to properly meet specs it came out in shit brown. I'd show a pic, but posting pics is beyond my level of intelligence, and Katar's look better anyway.

upload the picture to your myspace or facebook, right click on it and click "properties," then highlight the "location" right click and select "copy." then in your post, click the sunset icon and paste it in the text line. BLAM!

Rider79
01-22-09, 03:36
upload the picture to your myspace or facebook, right click on it and click "properties," then highlight the "location" right click and select "copy." then in your post, click the sunset icon and paste it in the text line. BLAM!

No myspace or facebook, heard too many stories of that shit getting people in trouble, so I stay away from it. My digital camera is a POS as well, well, it's either that or I don't know how to work it. My pics never look as cool or detailed as everyone else's on here.

bkb0000
01-22-09, 04:00
No myspace or facebook, heard too many stories of that shit getting people in trouble, so I stay away from it. My digital camera is a POS as well, well, it's either that or I don't know how to work it. My pics never look as cool or detailed as everyone else's on here.

not to further hijack this thread, but i keep a myspace that does absolutely nothing but hold pictures for sharing/viewing/posting... no chatting with 14 year old girls

i dont even think my name or location or age are on it.. just pictures

Jay Cunningham
01-22-09, 04:01
FG or FDE furniture? I can't tell on my monitor.

The furniture and magpul are all FDE. This was taken on a VERY bright sunny day. You can clearly see how much darker the DD rail is.

Failure2Stop
01-22-09, 14:18
It may be a bit darker than most expect, but it a damn sight better than several other manufacturers whose FDE is more of a "Tactical Gold Bling".

Rider79
01-22-09, 17:39
It may be a bit darker than most expect, but it a damn sight better than several other manufacturers whose FDE is more of a "Tactical Gold Bling".

You mean like the Midwest Industries ERS BUIS that just showed up in my mailbox today? The damn thing almost glows.