PDA

View Full Version : CMMG M4LE

CCK
01-22-09, 12:47
A little back story...
I used to work at a gun store here in Scottsdale, AZ and a good friend of mine just bought the store.
When I worked there I purchased a Bushmaster Carbon 15. It works. But obviously is not of a SHTF or HD quality.
So I asked him to look into getting a Charles Daly DM4LE after reading "The Chart".

He has a standing order for one for me.

Yesterday I went in to say hi. And saw on the wall a CMMG M4LE. Now I know a couple of things that I immediately don't like 1/9 barrel, WASP (not chrome lined), commercial receiver extension.

Long story short, I put it on layaway simply to have a rifle. He gave me the option to change layaway if the Charles Daly comes in in the meantime, 2 weeks (not likely.)

What do you guys think of this? At this point I'm thinking a rifle in the hand is better than a rifle on indefinite back order.

Thanks for any insight.

Chris

g5m
01-22-09, 12:50
Sounds like a plan to me. Anything is hard to find right now and CMMG is okay I gather.

g5m
01-22-09, 12:54
Here's a useful link if you have serious doubts:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81462

You can't chrome plate it but you'll get thousands of rounds of life out of the barrel you have. And do you think you'll be shooting 75-85 grain bullets so that the 1/7 vs. 1/9 inch twist will really matter?
If you are able , buy them both and sell the one later that you don't like as much as the other.

And, you might give your buddy a plug here.

carbinero
01-23-09, 13:15
Based on my own experiences, and what I've read (plenty), that's the ONLY way I'd buy another CMMG:

1. Having a strategy such that it's NEVER my only AR
2. Purchasing from a trusted vendor who will make sure it's right

HAIL-CAESAR
01-23-09, 18:44
Based on my own experiences, and what I've read (plenty), that's the ONLY way I'd buy another CMMG:

1. Having a strategy such that it's NEVER my only AR
2. Purchasing from a trusted vendor who will make sure it's right

Amen! I've had it with the CMMG. They mess up orders like nobody's business and it's never their fault. Plus the out and out lies they have told me personally about their AR's and the "Military Contracts" they have. This is not what I've read on the errornet, but what I've had to deal with when ordering from them and what I heard coming out of their mouths.

Stay far, far away from CMMG or you might end up CMMG'ed.