PDA

View Full Version : MD Labs XF7

Nightstalker_360
01-22-09, 14:27
Anyone using MD labs XF7 lube? Good/Bad?

YVK
01-22-09, 21:34
'been using it for a few years. Can't seriously comment on protective properties as my guns aren't exposed to harsh elements that much, just regular range use, classes and carry. As a lubricant it works well enough for me not to have any complaints. I do at times put a drop of oil on top of it when I lube tighter fit parts (rails on my pistols for example), but I also used it as standalone lubricant.

Main reason I keep buying it is that it doesn't run. Everything else I've used - Militec oil, FP10, LaRue's Gunner's lube, Shooter's Choice grease - runs away with time while XF7, being thicker in consistency, stays put much longer. It doesn't burn off easily. The downside is that, due to consistency, it is difficult to squirt into tight spots in a pinch (disconnector channel on 1911 for example) so I use more liquid lubes for that.

carbinero
01-23-09, 13:04
I like it. You thoroughly clean the piece, apply the grease very thin (I rub it in, like waxing a car), then apply normal lube over the top, your choice of oil. Makes clean-up much easier. I've read it's very similar to "Gun Butter," IIRC.

Like YVK, I'm no "operator," but I've read lots of good reviews on other threads here, and at www.68forums.com I gave a tube to a buddy for a gift, and he really likes it as well, FWIW.

STiiBS
01-28-09, 01:27
I use it on my LRB Crazy Horse as it was the Grease/Lube recommended by Ron Smith at SEI. He mentioned it remained consistent over a wide range of temps without dissipating or dissolving.

Anyways, I've used it for several years with no complaints. You can't go wrong with it.