PDA

View Full Version : Finally the Glock (sort of) carbine is a reality!

M4arc
01-22-09, 14:43
Some of you may have seen it at SHOT but Lone Wolf Dist (http://www.lonewolfdist.com) is coming out with a 9mm AR that accepts only Glock magazines.

This is what JR told me via PM (I'm posting this with his approval):

There were a few SHOT Show threads started but I do not remember where they were. They called it the "sleeper" of the show because we did not have it in the new products section. You had to visit our booth to see it or hear anything about it. Some people are calling it an Olympic but they are ignorant. This is an original casting (LWD owns the molds!) machined to LWD specifications. Lowers will be available in 6 weeks or less. The lower is machined to accept Glock mags only, everything else is mill spec. This lower will accept any mill spec 9mm upper.

JR

And this is what he had to say in one of the threads over on GT:

Yes we unveiled a new AR 9mm that accepts Glock mags at SHOT Show last week. The receivers will be available in 4 to 6 weeks. The complete carbine by Summer. I will start a AR thread as soon as I have pics available. Sorry for detracting from the subject

So it sounds like we can get 9mm carbines that will accept Glock mags and we don't have to deal with Olympic! I know markm will be heartbroken :D

I'm pretty excited about this because I have a metric ton of Glock magazines here and plenty of 9mm ammo on hand. I've been wanting to build a 9mm carbine but didn't want to deal with the magazine hassle.

I'll post pictures as I find them.

markm
01-22-09, 14:52
Interesting. If this pans out, I'll have to SBR one of these lowers. :cool:

tiger seven
01-22-09, 15:03
Thanks for the info!!!

The "magazine hassle" - as you call it - is what's kept me from building a 9mm AR as well. I would buy one of these lowers in a heartbeat. :D

Derek

Paul45
01-22-09, 15:36
If this becomes reality, I'll have a Olyarms 9mm (Glock Mag) AR for sale -- but I am keeping the mags for the new one!!

Mark71
01-22-09, 17:46
Wow this is great news!

TheGhostRider
01-25-09, 08:19
I've always wished that there was a way to adapt Glock 17 mags to my Beretta CX4...
I don't think Beretta would be to happy about this however.

If only Glock would actually put out a real Glock carbine, I would be sure to get on the buyers list.

It will be interesting to see what Lone Wolf has developed.

M4arc
01-25-09, 08:21
It will be interesting to see what Lone Wolf has
developed.

There was a picture floating around but I can't seem to find it. Hopefully JR from LW will be posting some soon!

DrBaker
01-25-09, 09:10
Some people are calling it an Olympic but they are ignorant. This is an original casting (LWD owns the molds!) machined to LWD specifications. Lowers will be available in 6 weeks or less. The lower is machined to accept Glock mags only, everything else is mill spec. This lower will accept any mill spec 9mm upper.

JR

I like the idea of a non-Olympic dedicated Glock magged 9mm AR. Other than Colt, RRA, and (soon) LoneWolf what are the other uppers available that are compatible?

I tried searching for the SHOT pics, but came up empty handed.

Gutshot John
01-25-09, 10:05
Awesome. I'll buy one right now.

This solves a lot of problems for me.

DrBaker
01-25-09, 11:25
Is there a waiting list to get on for the lowers?

DrBaker
01-25-09, 20:19
Found one pic and a short bit of info.....

http://frankwjames.blogspot.com/2009/01/day-two-shot-show.html

M4arc
01-26-09, 16:41
Is there a waiting list to get on for the lowers?

Not yet but maybe I'll invite JR to join M4C so that he can be in direct contact with us about the lowers and complete carbines.

Found one pic and a short bit of info.....

http://frankwjames.blogspot.com/2009/01/day-two-shot-show.html

That's it, thanks for finding that!

Kaos
01-26-09, 16:59
Id buy a lower, no worries about it...then get on the wagon for some of those 33 rd mags :)

M4arc
01-26-09, 18:58
:D
Id buy a lower, no worries about it...then get on the wagon for some of those 33 rd mags :)

Start buying them now!

Gutshot John
01-26-09, 19:27
I bought a bunch of these about 6 months ago for $29 so I got mine.

Now they're up to $39 here if anyone's interested.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/gl179mm33drf.html

DrBaker
01-27-09, 12:56
Will these take a G19 15rd magazine? I would guess it only takes G17 or larger. I hope I'm wrong.

Disciple
02-02-09, 09:02
I wish Magpul would make, or find someone to make, the FMG-9 they showed at Shot 2008. That is what the Glock carbine should be, IMHO.

Neville
02-02-09, 14:44
disregard

Rider79
02-03-09, 13:48
Whatever happened to the STG that MSAR showed at SHOT 2008 that took Glock mags? They had one there in .45 you could handle that took G21 mags, and they had plans to release it in 9mm, .40, and .45.

LOKNLOD
02-03-09, 14:19
Whatever happened to the STG that MSAR showed at SHOT 2008 that took Glock mags? They had one there in .45 you could handle that took G21 mags, and they had plans to release it in 9mm, .40, and .45.

Talked about that with them at this year's, their story was they were pushing forward with a bunch of them for some state agencies using .45 GAP, then the 9's and others would begin to trickle out. IIRC he said the timeline for the contract guns was summer and public guns coming out in the fall?

I'd like an AUG platform gun anyway, mostly as a cool toy, but in 9mm w/ Glock mags I think I will be all over one of those... If they ever really hit the market.

Puffy93
02-20-09, 15:50
I wish Magpul would make, or find someone to make, the FMG-9 they showed at Shot 2008. That is what the Glock carbine should be, IMHO.

I agree magpul should continue with the FMG-9 concept I would really like to have one

Jo Mama
02-23-09, 13:28
What style of upper does the lone wolf setup use? Colt or Oly or something new?

Jo Mama
02-23-09, 15:21
Dupe!

Quiet
02-28-09, 05:26
Good to hear some else is coming out with a AR that take Glock magazines.

MGI is releasing two Glock magazine wells for their modular AR reciever (MARCK-15).
The first one was able to accept the 9x19mm, .40S&W, .357SIG and .45GAP Glock magazines and the second one was able to accept the .45ACP and 10mm Glock magazines.

DrBaker
02-28-09, 08:05
Good to hear some else is coming out with a AR that take Glock magazines.

MGI is releasing two Glock magazine wells for their modular AR reciever (MARCK-15).
The first one was able to accept the 9x19mm, .40S&W, .357SIG and .45GAP Glock magazines and the second one was able to accept the .45ACP and 10mm Glock magazines.

Do you know if the MGI is designed to work with the Colt or Oly pattern?

KJDrake
03-01-09, 02:39
I'm looking forward to this lower. I have my Glock mags ready. This is my first AR in 9mm...question...would the best thing to do be to get a Rock River complete upper?

I'm planning on going the SBR route so would it be easier to buy receiver as a pistol.

Thanks gents

KJ

eodinert
03-21-09, 02:57
They should do a wide-body that takes glock .45 mags...

Puffy93
03-24-09, 13:48
They should do a wide-body that takes glock .45 mags...

Why not one that takes single stack 1911 mags

DrBaker
05-14-09, 21:48
Any updates on these?

tiger seven
09-03-09, 15:01
Anybody know anybody who's tried one of these yet?

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1803

I'm still very interested but I'd like to know for sure which 9mm uppers it works with.

Derek

Jo Mama
09-04-09, 15:38
Works with both. Bolt needs modified on the colt system to clear the glock magazine.

Colt, CMMG, ASA, RRA - Uses Ejector

OLY 9mm or 5.7 uppers - NO Ejector Needed in Lower

Rider79
09-04-09, 16:37
Anyone have a pic of one complete?

Garandad
09-06-09, 09:06
Also interested. I would sell my Colt mags and block to pay for the lower, once I am sure it works.

DrBaker
09-06-09, 15:00
Works with both. Bolt needs modified on the colt system to clear the glock magazine.

Colt, CMMG, ASA, RRA - Uses Ejector

OLY 9mm or 5.7 uppers - NO Ejector Needed in Lower

Do you know of anyone who performs the bolt mod?

Jo Mama
09-14-09, 19:19
sorry i don't

edmorseiii
09-15-09, 10:09
Very interested, as I have a RRA upper sitting in my case never fired, because I have not committed the time to sit and tinker with the mag block and uzi mags. I would buy one of these, if they worked, in a heart beat.

KJDrake
09-15-09, 19:11
I have six 33 round Glock mags just waiting to see one of these run.

scottryan
09-16-09, 11:22
Thanks for the info!!!

The "magazine hassle" - as you call it - is what's kept me from building a 9mm AR as well. I would buy one of these lowers in a heartbeat. :D

Derek

There is no magazine hassle.

Jo Mama
09-18-09, 13:05
Some good info here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=458994&page=3

robbf213
09-20-09, 11:29
Thanks for that link.

Rider79
09-20-09, 16:48
Some good info here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=458994&page=3

From an email exchange with Lone Wolf posted over there:

E-Mailed Lone Wolf some time back, got these answers back today. It seems to me (IMO) They are interested in leaning about our side of things. I know I will be supporting them by ordering one.

looking to build 9mm AR , love your Glock lowers , please tell me about them

- .154 pins ?
Standard issue

- what internals will accept ?
Current issue

- what difference required for lower internals , hammer ? what else
No difference, standard issue

- any problem fitting rock river upper ( usually tight fit )
Cant find a RR upper to try it. we currently ft with CMMG (slight mod) & Olympic (out of the box)

- anyone try your lower with adams arms piston system ?
Not yet, don't know who they are, is this an offer?

- you should really do a FAQ ,
This is new to us, didn't know it would be required

- did you ever consider working with the great folks at spikes tactical to make a joint superior upper.
Its on the table, no decisions yet

- did not see to much about this on ar-15.com ( *****THREAD JUST STARTED WHEN WROTE E-MAIL ***** ) , LOT OF FOLKS OVER THERE LOVE THIS STUFF
Didn't think the AR guys would be interested

- please tell me about bolt hold open, how easy to install ? , would you locktight in ?
Doesn't hold open

- please tell me about mag release bar , on other side , does not look like uses standard (push button realse )?

It works, we like it. Guess we got lucky

- what else can you please tell me, they really look nice
We specialize in Glock parts. Didn't think the AR community would even be interested because it takes pistol cal. Why would you use a pistol cal when you already have a rifle? This was intended for the Glock market only. Maybe it will turn out to be a little more?

Seems like the only uppers that are ready to go on it are Olympic's, and RRA and Colt bolts would have to be modified. Also no one over there seems to have pics either, except for the guy with a pic of his Oly that takes Glock mags. Lone Wolf also doesn't seem like they looked into this to much before they got started, from their apparent thinking that only Glock owners would be interested, and not AR owners. I'll have to see more ready to go upper options than Oly before I pick one of these up.

m4forever
10-04-09, 23:18
What about the Hera Arms version? Or the one one MSAR was supposed to come out with that took glock mags?

http://www.hera-arms.com/gcc.php

kmrtnsn
10-05-09, 01:34
MSAR just added a link on their page for the MSAR Modular Carbine System. Unfortunately the link isn't active yet. I take this as a sign that the MCS isn't too far over the horizon.

Rider79
10-05-09, 16:38
MSAR just added a link on their page for the MSAR Modular Carbine System. Unfortunately the link isn't active yet. I take this as a sign that the MCS isn't too far over the horizon.

They had a model at SHOT '08 that took Glock 21 mags, said the whole deal, including the 9mm one, would be ready in 6 months. Apparently not.

kmrtnsn
10-05-09, 22:41
I hear ya, that is almost a "Masada length" from reveal to production delay!

Zeus
01-03-10, 10:17
Old thread and maybe I missed it somewhere, but did these ever come about? I'd be interested if I could get a .40 upper.

KingsideRook
01-03-10, 20:25
Lone Wolf has been taking a while to bring their replacement Glock frame to market as well, they are probably concentrating their resources on finalizing that. On the one hand I'm disappointed because I really do want to wring out their 19/23 frame, and their 9mm Glock-Mag AR15 as a fun indoor range toy, but I'd rather have it right but later than right now.

I have seen firsthand how small(er) operations can easily underestimate the amount of time it can take to bring a new product to market from working prototype to final production, and if you're dealing with outside shops for any part of the process, double all initial timeframe estimates.

wicked_police
01-04-10, 10:23
One of the dealers up here has a few(both rifle and pistol marked).

I have a 7" RRA 9mm upper that doesn't have a lower right now, so I think I'm going to buy one as a late Christmas present and build a nice little SBR.

Just need more Glock mags!

ThirdWatcher
01-04-10, 11:49
The link that Gutshot John posted still works(only the price it shows now is $10.00 less): http://www.cdnninvestments.com/gl179mm33drf.html

KJDrake
01-24-10, 21:09
I talked to the guys at LWD at Shot Show...they had this lower on three weapons...all different configurations. I can't remember all the uppers he said would work but I know Rock River was one of them.

Said all that is required is a simple milling step to one side of the bolt and you're good to go. You could ship the bolt to them and they would do it for $20.

--KJ

brushy bill
09-01-12, 15:31
I recognize this is an old thread, but it is the most recent I could find related to the Lone Wolf Glock magazine uppers and lowers. That may be a clue, but the concept seems so intriguing I have to ask...has anyone run one of these through a high round carbine course or had any extended use with one?

The website http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3682 is weak on particulars on materials and specs...maybe another clue, maybe not...anyone with inputs? You could have a Colt 6920 for the cost of a lower and upper or a BCM with cheaper mags, still would be handy compliment to Glock pistol if reliable/durable. Thanks for any insights.

priell3
10-08-12, 14:51
Here is my pistol caliber carbine, a JR Carbine in 9mm using Glock mags. Target depicts 30 rounds @ 25 yards.

http://i50.tinypic.com/34nhahe.jpg

How it was done.
View My Video (http://tinypic.com/m/fu0ug5/2)

Suwannee Tim
11-01-12, 18:21
Why not one that takes whatever mags? That is, whatever you want, SIG, S&W, Glock, 1911, whatever. I'm thinking of a lower that has interchangeable magazine adapters, you buy a lower and whatever adapter or adapters you desire. You want a new type? Buy another adapter. I wish I had gotten interested in ARs 20 or 30 years ago. I might have given serious consideration to doing something like this.

BH321
11-01-12, 18:41
Why not one that takes whatever mags? That is, whatever you want, SIG, S&W, Glock, 1911, whatever. I'm thinking of a lower that has interchangeable magazine adapters, you buy a lower and whatever adapter or adapters you desire. You want a new type? Buy another adapter. I wish I had gotten interested in ARs 20 or 30 years ago. I might have given serious consideration to doing something like this.

Sounds almost like you are describing the MGI Hydra (http://www.mgi-military.com/index.php?id=1).

Suwannee Tim
11-02-12, 17:43
Sounds almost like you are describing the MGI Hydra (http://www.mgi-military.com/index.php?id=1).

That's the concept. Their magwells cost more than most lowers, a lot more. I had in mind maybe a hundred bux max for a magwell. And they don't have a wide selection of magwells. I had in mind a wide variety of magwells so a pistol owner could have a pistol caliber AR that took the mags he is presently using whatever that is, 1911, SIG, Glock, M&P, Beretta, whatever.

BTW, thanks for the link. More often than not folks refer to an XYZ whatever and leave the reader to look it up. When the author looks it up it only has to be looked up once. I wish everyone would do this.