PDA

View Full Version : Issues with the "other" forum?

M&P45
01-22-09, 19:02
I'm new to this site. I find the general attitude of the members to be friendly and informative. I was a member at the "other" forum. What is the issue with links to this forum being deleted by the goderators at the other site? What ever the issue is I'm here to stay...

Jay Cunningham
01-22-09, 19:04
They don't like us much over there.

What goes on over there, stays over there...

Welcome to M4C!

SHIVAN
01-22-09, 19:05
It boils down to internet drama. It's not worth discussing. It's juvenile to delete links when the links provide information, or responses, helpful to other shooters.

A divided community is much weaker one.

SloaneRanger
01-22-09, 19:26
From my brief experience here and there I'd say it kind of works like....the guys here are (for the most part) no shit door kickers and shooters and the guys over there (for the most part) are the airsofters.. One doesn't come here and make pretend that they just retired from CAG and expect it to fly.

SloaneRanger
01-22-09, 19:27
It boils down to internet drama. It's not worth discussing. It's juvenile to delete links when the links provide information, or responses, helpful to other shooters.

A divided community is much weaker one.

Amen, Brother.

.308holes
01-22-09, 19:28
M&P 45,
Welcome, and no need to waste your time over there, plenty of very knowledgeable, professional guys who have tried to correct inaccurate and somewhat damaging internet gossip have been kicked off for actually knowing FACTS about issues and attempting to inform their members if the truth.

I was just removed as a matter of fact. (not that I completely fill the above company, but I was speaking of pointed issues that I am very informed on and have extensive experience with.

Welcome, and enjoy.

M&P45
01-22-09, 20:01
Well, I'm no door-kicker. I'm just a sportsman looking to learn more about the sport I love. I currently shoot USPSA production with a Sig P226 and will be entering the world of three-gun and local tactical carbine matches. I'm not new to the AR. I have been shooting and building them for my own enjoyment for close to 10 years. I love the platform for it's modularity, adaptability and inherent accuracy. Looking forward to an open an courteous exchange of knowledge here. Thanks for the welcome!

ToddG
01-22-09, 20:05
What is the issue with links to this forum being deleted by the goderators at the other site?

http://pcmpros.com/gallery/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=71&g2_serialNumber=2

Robb Jensen
01-22-09, 20:09
Well, I'm no door-kicker. I'm just a sportsman looking to learn more about the sport I love. I currently shoot USPSA production with a Sig P226 and will be entering the world of three-gun and local tactical carbine matches. I'm not new to the AR. I have been shooting and building them for my own enjoyment for close to 10 years. I love the platform for it's modularity, adaptability and inherent accuracy. Looking forward to an open an courteous exchange of knowledge here. Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome, it's good to have more competitors here as well! :D

bigshooter
01-22-09, 23:01
To be fair..........TOS does have some kick ass BACON threads....

murphy j
01-22-09, 23:12
To be fair..........TOS does have some kick ass BACON threads....

BACON!:)

JBnTX
01-23-09, 08:20
I'm not a "no shit door kicker" by any means. I'm just a guy who like AR-15 rifles.
(Is that the new term for "operator" or "commando"?)

I've had problems at the other site. They recently banned me for 30 days.

It's not a bad website. You just have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

rat31465
01-23-09, 09:15
I had set up an account on the other site before finding M4Carbine...after a short time here I found that I wasn't visiting TOS at all...way to many armchair/airsoft shooter types over there.
I removed my information from their database and wrote the mods asking to close out my account....I recieved an e-mail from them refusing to close the account out. They stated that with the current political climate (Pre-Election) the site needed all the members and gun owners to stand strong and united.
So I just left it that way....Eventually, hopefully they will just close out the account due to inactivity!

markm
01-23-09, 09:21
I find the general attitude of the members to be friendly and informative.

And then there's me. :p

ToddG
01-23-09, 09:31
And then there's me. :p

You're not so much a member as a mascot.

56hotrod
01-23-09, 11:11
He everyone, I'm new to this website and the AR. I'm not by any means trying to stir up anything at all I'm just not familiar with the site you're talking about. I know its probably not the best thing to flame another site using the exact name but I was wondering if someone could hint to me or something because I have been lurking on other sites also trying to learn all I can before I start contributing. For the record, this is the only site I have posted at because of the cool and intelligent people here and this is my "go to" site. Thanks

John_Wayne777
01-23-09, 12:11
I'm new to this site. I find the general attitude of the members to be friendly and informative. I was a member at the "other" forum. What is the issue with links to this forum being deleted by the goderators at the other site? What ever the issue is I'm here to stay...

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/hogans_heroes_schultz_small.jpg

I see nothing!

markm
01-23-09, 12:11
The site in question is AR15.com. There are some really good guys over there. But there are hoards of guys like you see in the Jealousy picture above that post really dumb stuff and flat out WRONG info.

I just read one of the mods telling a guy not to ream his DPMS chamber. This is in response to someone suggesting that he send the DPMS to Grant to have the chamber reamed...

Why? That's mostly a recipe for mediocre improvement at best, and disaster at worst. Why compromise a .223 Rem chamber to settle for something less?

The XM193 is presumably loaded to the same pressure as M193; that means it produces more pressure than .223 Remington loads at the SAAMI maximum. So signs of high pressure should be no surprise.

sl4mdaddy
01-23-09, 12:12
http://pcmpros.com/gallery/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=71&g2_serialNumber=2

Now THAT's funny.

Jay Cunningham
01-23-09, 12:23
Okay, let's get back to business.