PDA

View Full Version : 6920's available

g5m
01-23-09, 12:29
For anyone who wants to know Bachman's has 6920's available at $1799.
Tel 214-351-3628.

NoBody
01-23-09, 12:42
Deleted.

markm
01-23-09, 12:43
What a bargain! :rolleyes:

g5m
01-23-09, 12:44
Some of the other sites are even higher.

variablebinary
01-23-09, 12:48
No thanks

andre3k
01-23-09, 12:54
FWIW they did have good prices pre-obama. They were going for $1199 at the shows.

NoBody
01-23-09, 12:54
Deleted.

variablebinary
01-23-09, 13:14
It's best to just squat-hold for now, bro. .

I'm already there. I can understand price bumps, but its reached ignorant levels. Dealers can keep their shit and if a ban comes, so be it.

Price hikes are now betwen the 20-40% range since. I just dont need another AR15 enough to allow myself to be hosed

g5m
01-23-09, 17:47
Just posting for information. Maybe someone really needs one urgently.

mrosamilia
01-23-09, 17:54
Thanks for the information. I too do not need another 6920, but I do understand some of what is happening with the pricing. I am in retail and if I were told that in a very short time that there is a possibility that I may lose a product line that is a very good source of income for my family, then yes I would mark up every piece of that inventory that I could get my hands on.

NoBody
01-23-09, 19:52
Deleted.

CobraBG
01-26-09, 17:51
I like seeing them advertised for more than I paid. :D

Bolt_Overide
01-26-09, 20:41
I dont care what their prices were pre-obama, they are price gouging, and thus will never see a cent of my hard earned money.

PlatoCATM
01-26-09, 20:52
It's simple economics. You may not like supply and demand right now, but I guarantee you sing its praises when you're paying less due to overabundance. I couldn't believe how many gun sales I saw post-election--this runs contrary to the free-market system this crowd loves and many protect.

Bolt_Overide
01-27-09, 22:53
It's simple economics. You may not like supply and demand right now, but I guarantee you sing its praises when you're paying less due to overabundance. I couldn't believe how many gun sales I saw post-election--this runs contrary to the free-market system this crowd loves and many protect.

I agree in that it is indeed simple economics. People figure if they can jack up the price on something 300+ bucks while paying the same for it, they will. And I will vote with my wallet and refuse to patronize said people, that too is simple economics. And if more people would engage in that behavior, they would stop price gouging.

mtk
01-28-09, 09:10
I agree in that it is indeed simple economics. People figure if they can jack up the price on something 300+ bucks while paying the same for it, they will. And I will vote with my wallet and refuse to patronize said people, that too is simple economics. And if more people would engage in that behavior, they would stop price gouging.

Just because the price is higher than you're willing to pay doesn't make it "price gouging."

Rider79
02-02-09, 09:42
Something I saw at 2 local shops this week made me think of this thread, so I wanted to revive it for a minute. One shop, where I picked up a pair of LAR Grizzly lowers for $129, and a Doublestar lower for $179 (I know, I know, a little high, but I liked the rollmark and I think the finish will match my BCM uppers alot better than my LMT lowers do) has 6920's for $2099. :eek: So that made me laugh, especially since I thought the lower prices were reasonable, although nothing else in the shop is priced reasonably. But another shop, where I'm pretty cool with the owner, has one for $1895. I know these prices are high, compared to the $1600 range people have been talking about, but.... After handling it a little, I kinda sipped the Colt Kool-Aid, and I want one. Now here's the question. Throwing out $2000 in one shot on one doesn't make me feel too good, and I wouldn't do it, but, because of knowing the owner well, he said I can put it on layaway as long as I need to, which I've done with him before. I picked up that item from him in about 4 months. So am I justified at picking one up at the $1900 price if I can take 4-5 months to pay for it? Thoughts?

austinN4
02-02-09, 10:17
So am I justified at picking one up at the $1900 price if I can take 4-5 months to pay for it? Thoughts?
Regardless of how long you take to pay for it, it is still going to cost you $1,900. I guess I don't understand your question.

Rider79
02-02-09, 10:20
I guess I don't understand your question.

Does the fact that I can stretch out the purchase make up for the extra cost? $1900 stretched out over 5 months is alot less painful than $1600 in one shot. Call the extra $300 a layaway fee I guess?

Iraqgunz
02-02-09, 12:14
It may be more convenient for you, but it won't change the fact that the market is overinflated and that it really isn't worth that price. The market will fix itself, it just takes time. If you are desperate for another carbine and have to have it then maybe it is worth it to you.

If it were me I would pass.

Does the fact that I can stretch out the purchase make up for the extra cost? $1900 stretched out over 5 months is alot less painful than $1600 in one shot. Call the extra $300 a layaway fee I guess?

sapper36
02-02-09, 13:36
The Gander Mountain near here had one for 1750. I thought about it but put itdown and left, the next day it was sold 5 minutes after they opened. I guess if i didnt have a couple allready I would have been tickled with it but...

RogerinTPA
02-02-09, 13:41
Just because the price is higher than you're willing to pay doesn't make it "price gouging."

Before or after a hurricane here in FL, the state has a gouging hotline to report all merchants who artificially inflate the price of goods (Plywood, water, gas). Here it is considered "Gouging" because double or tripling the price is ripping off residents and victims. It goes on after every hurricane, anywhere. It is a free market but doesn't make it right when you have no potable water, gas or food to provide to your family because some A-Hole decided to profit from pain. Same can be said for the firearms industry to a degree. The cost to manufacture weapons and ammo, to include fuel for shipping and delivery, has declined. It's all been artificially inflated, just like gas was. No one can can logically use that argument now.

Wichard20
02-02-09, 13:42
the way i look at it, for 1800 I could buy one Colt 6920 and be atleast half way there for another Colt 6920 at the rates you could find them before the crazyiness, i'll wait for that fact but I do not blame the stores for charging what they do....to civilians an AR15 is just a commodity, now I would scream price gouging if this was on items of need (food, water, equipment/shelter in emergencies, etc) but to most people you do not NEED another AR15, now to the men and women that are issued less then desired firearms and turn to their own pockets to fund a service firearm, I hope they can find firearms at good rates

RogerinTPA
02-02-09, 13:51
Agreed. An AR15 is on the bottom Maslow's Hierarchy of needs (Needs VS Wants VS Desire).

NetJunkie
02-02-09, 13:51
Exactly. These are not items of need, therefore gouging does not apply. It's not like items needed to prepare for a disaster or gasoline or food. It's a want, not a need. My taxes look good this year so I splurged $1600 on a 6920 last night. A local shop had two for $1500 but the second was gone before I got there....still be $1600 after taxes so it's all the same.

Rider79
02-02-09, 16:58
It may be more convenient for you, but it won't change the fact that the market is overinflated and that it really isn't worth that price. The market will fix itself, it just takes time. If you are desperate for another carbine and have to have it then maybe it is worth it to you.

If it were me I would pass.

True. Thanks for talking me out of it, I sipped the Kool-Aid for a second and I wasn't thinking right. My LMT/BCMs will work just fine for less. One of my LEO buddies enjoys rubbing it in my face that he got his 6920 for $900 a few years ago through LE pricing. Dick.

On a side note, did you get your friendly PM from our friend SHOOTER13? Tried to send him a nice note in reply, but apparently he's not accepting PMs.

Iraqgunz
02-02-09, 17:03
Rider,

No worries. Check with AIM Surplus and see if you can still get a Daniel Defense carbine. I bought one and if I don't like it I can always re-sell it. They are 1549.00 from them.

Yeah, I got his bullshit PM. Then the coward blocks others from responding back. He can pound sand as far as I am concerned. He can tell that Oly Arms fairy tale to someone else.

True. Thanks for talking me out of it, I sipped the Kool-Aid for a second and I wasn't thinking right. My LMT/BCMs will work just fine for less. One of my LEO buddies enjoys rubbing it in my face that he got his 6920 for $900 a few years ago through LE pricing. Dick.

On a side note, did you get your friendly PM from our friend SHOOTER13? Tried to send him a nice note in reply, but apparently he's not accepting PMs.

Rider79
02-02-09, 17:12
Rider,

No worries. Check with AIM Surplus and see if you can still get a Daniel Defense carbine. I bought one and if I don't like it I can always re-sell it. They are 1549.00 from them.

Yeah, Rainier has them listed too, for $1599. I thought about it, but I got an LMT upper that's going to be here Thursday, from the ones that Bravo put out last week, and I'm hoping to snag one of the BCM 16" carbine uppers later this week if they put them out like Paul said on TOS. So with those 2, that'll give me 5 quality ARs, plus my 2 RRA lowers that I assembled with Stag uppers, and this RRA that I'm still trying to sell. After that I gotta stop for awhile, let my bank account recover.

CobraBG
02-02-09, 19:09
If you realy want the Colt LE 6920 then buy it. I don't think the prices will be going down and I'm sure you can always get your money back and perhaps more if you sell it.

A little over a year ago I saw and handled one in a gun shop and decided that I "had to have it". I spent more than I thought I should (though less than they are selling for now) and I'm still glad I bought it. :D

tweakmeister
02-02-09, 21:20
If you want a 6920, call Knesek Guns - they have a pre-order going on a batch due soon. The price should be much more reasonable.

Rider79
02-03-09, 00:13
If you want a 6920, call Knesek Guns - they have a pre-order going on a batch due soon. The price should be much more reasonable.

My whole idea behind picking it up at the local shop was that I can put it on layaway as long as I need to. Otherwise it's not really viable for me or needed. I pay cash for everything so it's not like I can charge it, nor would I want to.

Rider79
02-03-09, 00:19
When I was at the other local shop that's selling them for $2099, I saw them sell one to a return customer, they discounted it to $1900 for him, but it was still $2060 with tax and transfer. Just kinda shocked me to see someone dropping that amount for one in person, all in one shot. They told him the reason for the high prices is that the distributor is charging them more. Is this true, or are they just factoring in the distributor requiring them to pick up other less desirable weapons at the same time in order to get a 6920?

WGG
02-03-09, 20:31
I don't believe that all the manufacturers have raised their prices yet. I called LMT about a month ago to see if the prices listed on the web site were still valid. They said the prices were correct but that they would be raising them in February. It could be that distributors and\or dealers are charging more due to the increase in demand.

I have seen dealers at gun shows in Texas charging from $1600 to $2100 for them over the last three months. The 6920 is a great gun but I can't see paying that kind of money for what should cost about $1200.

I did a lot of looking and when I received my bonus after Christmas I bought a complete LMT Defender 2000 with SOPMOD stock for $1300 from a local dealer. Paying $50 over MSRP is more like it.

I agree with the comments about supply and demand and believe the prices will come back down to normal in the next six months as long as there are no bans or restrictions from Washington.

Sttrongbow
02-04-09, 09:06
Look around. I found a brand new 6920 lower and brand new 6920 upper separately on TOS for a combined price of $1350 shipped. Only had to fork over $10 to the FFL locally.

Gentoo
02-04-09, 12:50
One gun shop near me has a a few DPMS's on the wall for $1,500. A S&W M&P15 is $1,999.

I shit you not.

mtk
02-06-09, 23:28
Before or after a hurricane here in FL, the state has a gouging hotline to report all merchants who artificially inflate the price of goods (Plywood, water, gas). Here it is considered "Gouging" because double or tripling the price is ripping off residents and victims. It goes on after every hurricane, anywhere. It is a free market but doesn't make it right when you have no potable water, gas or food to provide to your family because some A-Hole decided to profit from pain. Same can be said for the firearms industry to a degree. The cost to manufacture weapons and ammo, to include fuel for shipping and delivery, has declined. It's all been artificially inflated, just like gas was. No one can can logically use that argument now.

Demand has gone up considerably.

Consult some basic economic laws and then get back to me.

bullseye
02-07-09, 08:12
a guy that works for me found a "just-in" 6920 for 1400$ at a deer-processing---gun-shop--fishing tackle store. he called me and said the guy just got in 2 dpms's, and a colt LE carbine,,,which one. i was in my truck close to him, so i drove over there. the box was on the counter with that big ole blue label,,LE6920,,,,,he left with it. i put dibs on the next,,,we'll see. sometimes a blind sow can find an acorn.

ilmonster
02-16-09, 08:58
Was at the local range/gun shop over the weekend, and they had 3 6920's in stock, but they were listed at $1,995 each! Wow
On the other hand, my local police supply shop can order a S&W M&P 15 std. model for $950, although it will take 4-6 months to get in. Is that a reasonable price these days for the S&W?

tenbrook
02-16-09, 09:35
:rolleyes: You can find em allot cheaper then that!

nichud09
02-16-09, 10:17
chaaaa braaa..... you can also find 6921's 14.5" barrels at www.policeguns.com. for 1495$ yea yea and dont forget your lovely 200 tax. booooo!!!!!!!:D

lw8
02-16-09, 12:20
The price on 6920s will tank when the 6940 hits dealer shelves shortly.

The market is over inflated price wise for anything gun related right now...it can't last.

stanlyonjr
03-12-09, 13:25
I just want to know when they insanity will end!!

FVC3
03-12-09, 16:01
I dont care what their prices were pre-obama, they are price gouging, and thus will never see a cent of my hard earned money.

I hope we all remember those vendors who took advantage and greatly increased their profit margin during the madness. One shop near me - who never sold DPMS before - was selling them for $1100.00 and holding forth about what great rifles they are and what DPMS means (got it wrong) and how they are totally "milspec". The same shop - I swear to God - was selling Blazer 22lr for $29.00 a brick.

hossb7
03-12-09, 16:23
I'm patiently biding my time until products I want come back into stock (and at reasonable prices).