PDA

View Full Version : Rainier enhanced trigger guard

teufeldog
01-23-09, 16:42
A lot of people use the Mapul trigger guard. I came across this Rainier Arms Enhanced Trigger Guard (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1237) this afternoon and was wondering if any of you are using it and if so what do you like/dislike about it?

STJ
01-23-09, 17:03
All it is is a Magpul TG with tapped holes for the use of screws instead of a roll pin.

Parabellum9x19mm
01-23-09, 17:46
a user here, Comp1911, has been offering this mod for a while. good idea. if you hate that roll pin this is another option

comp1911
01-23-09, 23:14
a user here, Comp1911, has been offering this mod for a while. good idea. if you hate that roll pin this is another option

Yup, I'm working with John @ Rainier on these. I'm doing the mods for them. I just don't have the time to do the customer service end.

comp1911
01-23-09, 23:15
All it is is a Magpul TG with tapped holes for the use of screws instead of a roll pin.

Pretty much. There is actually a thread insert installed since the hole is too bit to start with.

comp1911
01-23-09, 23:18
A lot of people use the Mapul trigger guard. I came across this Rainier Arms Enhanced Trigger Guard (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1237) this afternoon and was wondering if any of you are using it and if so what do you like/dislike about it?

There's a few out there so you might get some feed back. There were 30 in this first batch to Rainier so there will be a few more out there for feed back now.

I did the mod since I hated pounding in the trigger guard roll pin. I use some blue loctite and put it together. Simple. Just a option for guys putting lowers together.

teufeldog
01-24-09, 11:48
@comp1911, thanks for the heads-up. I just bought a S&W M&P stripped lower and I'll add your modified trigger guard to it.

chuckles
01-24-09, 12:05
I've had one in use for a year or so. I like it have not had any problems and it does do away with the roll pin. Good stuff, especially if you want more nice, black allen screws.:cool: