PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma

parishioner
01-24-09, 18:16
I have a brand new Noveske N4 Recce Basic upper sitting on a Mega lower.

I also have a Noveske/Magpul MOE rifle.

Unfortunately, one of them has to go. I know I could make more money selling the Noveske/Magpul but, I was wondering what you guys would do.

Im completely torn.

Which one would you keep and why?

Keep in mind this will most likely be the only one I will ever have, unless things get better in the future (political landscape).

Thanks.

Cagemonkey
01-24-09, 18:21
Get rid of the upper. The Magpul/Noveske rifle is one of a kind. It will only gain value as the years go by. Significantly more than the upper alone.

parishioner
01-24-09, 18:31
The Magpul/Noveske rifle is one of a kind. It will only gain value as the years go by. Significantly more than the upper alone.

True, but Im not really worried about the value of the gun because I will never sell which ever one I wind up keeping.

Cagemonkey
01-24-09, 18:39
True, but Im not really worried about the value of the gun because I will never sell which ever one I wind up keeping.OK, The Magpul rifle is priceless. An original, most of us don't have the opportunity to own. This is an heirloom to pass on to future generations.

parishioner
01-25-09, 00:55
I know, I know. I dont know what to do. Its keeping me awake at night, which is why I am up at 1 in the morning. Im just trying to decide which one will serve me best throughout my life. I guess it really boils down to a midlength/carbine debate which is not what Im trying to start. I would just like to hear some opinions so it can help me decide.

frbowers
01-25-09, 02:40
Selling the upper to me would be one option.

bkb0000
01-25-09, 04:20
put the magpul lower on GB

QuickStrike
01-25-09, 04:21
But midlength = better. :p

I'm thinking the upper on the MOE rifle has a carbine length gas system.

C-Fish
01-25-09, 09:10
Here are my thoughts.

Sell the Magpul MOE rifle. Recoup your money spent.
A hammer is a hammer.

Keep the other rifle and it "will" be that family heirloom mentioned...;)

Rider79
01-25-09, 10:01
Keep the rare Magpul lower, and sell the Noveske/MOE upper on the Mega lower. People don't care right now about the fact that the upper was split from the MOE rifle, its still a Noveske, and people are desperate for quality ARs right now, especially Noveske, since they're not even taking orders. Now you have a nice midlength upper, with a cool Magpul lower. If you're never gonna sell it, it doesn't matter if you split up the MOE rifle.

SwatDawg15
01-25-09, 11:53
You think you can't sleep now... sell that Magpul rifle and see how you sleep. Everytime you see a picture of one posted, your going to kick yourself. Plus if your anything like me, your going to keep kicking yourself and when you see someone else list one, your going to buy it for way more then you spent on this one.

Im not making a joke, altough I have to laugh too. I have been there many times and have always ended up regaining the item one way or another, normally paying way to much.

You have two outstanding weapon systems that if anyway possible you sold try to keep. Six months ago you could buy/sale these things like candy, but now you can't. I would really sit down and try to find a way to keep them both. I'm not trying to get in your business, but if its finacial, there are normally ways around getting rid of things, Just sit down and put it all on paper and take a look. If you still have to sale one, sell the one that you have a BETTER chance of finding again when your able.

Just my .02

bkb0000
01-25-09, 13:40
my mama always said, "dont sell your shit to pay bills. 'cause then, a month later, you still cant pay the bill again, and you don't have the thing you sold, so you're in the exact same situation you were last month but don't even have the thing you sold."

or something like that. and minus the "shit."

Submariner
01-25-09, 13:48
Sell something else.

spamsammich
01-25-09, 14:27
You will probably regret selling a lower in this uncertain climate. It is like pulling teeth finding new ones. I almost did, but I found a way to keep my extra lowers and still pay taxes. If push came to shove, I'd get rid of an upper before a lower.

lmmmmm
01-25-09, 14:56
If you arent going to shoot the Magpul then sell that one.

What is the big deal about a lower from a company that never made one before. There is no information on whether these are better than anything else out there.

I wouldnt be surprised if more are released and each time that happens the collectible value will diminsh.

The gun could go up in value a few thousand dollars.
It's value is only what someone will actually pay for it.

Sell collectibles while they have value and people want one. Time passed does not necessarily cause an increase in value.

It may be rare in the future, but there are alot of collectibles that are rare and expensive but nobody buys them.

In the end, it doesnt matter. You are going to die anyways and some stupid relative will sell it cheap because they dont know if it had some intrinsic value.

DISCLAIMER: I also have the MAGPUL MOE and wrote this to convince myself what to do ... :)