PDA

View Full Version : Could use some help on newspaper gun ban vote (it's quick)

Auslander
01-25-09, 00:33
Hello all
This http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-miami-shooting,0,5107701.story was the story that led to the newspaper throwing up an informal poll on whether or not to ban guns. Informal, yes. But it'll get printed for sure... if it goes the way the paper wants of course! The heck no was leading by about 20%. Then 1/2 an hour went by and got an enormous influx of "Yes, this is a wake-up call that guns need to be banned." So maybe somebody did the same as I'm doing and posted to the Brady website...or we are going against a bot. Could use a quick vote to help the numbers. Someone will be able to use this to support their position. I just hope it's us!
POLL- http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/sfl-0124-miami-shooting-poll,0,2714959,post.poll
Thx in advance

chadbag
01-25-09, 03:13
For these kinds of things (in general, not saying this poll does this) it is better off to copy the link and paste it in your browser than to click on it directly from M4C. Some polls will look at the "referrer" data in the web request that is generated when you click on the link and identify how you got to the poll and it may disqualify your vote if it looks like it was from an advocacy place. This does happen so always copy the links and paste them in the browser instead of clicking on them directly

Chad

bkb0000
01-25-09, 04:17
copypast:

orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/sfl-0124-miami-shooting-poll,0,2714959,post.poll

NoBody
01-25-09, 06:14
Deleted.

bkb0000
01-25-09, 06:49
my whole life i've drank milk. i drank it for 27 years. but you know what? i know somebody who said that somebody used it to boil some frogs- milk is evil. im not drinking any more milk, and i'm going to fight to get a milk ban before the legislature.

A-Bear680
01-25-09, 09:10
9416 total votes.

"Heck , no" 4688 (49.8%).

Gutshot John
01-25-09, 09:17
The concerning statistic is the number of people that claim to be "gunowners" who are now "rethinking" their position.

Anyone (journalists) who looks at this poll as indicative of the public's position knows ZIP, NADA, NOTHING about statistics. Namely that straw polls are NOT scientific.

Safetyhit
01-25-09, 12:03
Anyone (journalists) who looks at this poll as indicative of the public's position knows ZIP, NADA, NOTHING about statistics. Namely that straw polls are NOT scientific.

I agree, but it is fun to publicly thwart the effort of this blatantly anti-gun poll regardless.

:D

Edit: We are now ahead by .9%

Auslander
01-25-09, 13:06
I agree as well. But IMO it's been along time since mainstream media outlets have concerned themselves with "facts". Seems more about finding/manufacturing data to support whatever agenda they want to push.
I'm not trying to pull a conspiracy theory here......BUT! It's really strange how the heck no's move up at a steady stream as if actual humans are voting and the yes ban's seem to sit stagnant for hours and then jump up a couple thousand in 2 minutes. Then again the jump in ban votes was right about the time the west coast woke up and we fell behind by a large amount.

Heavy Metal
01-25-09, 13:07
Be warned. Over at Arfcom, we have determined that the poll is absolutely fixed. 90% of those anti numbers are from a webbot.

Safetyhit
01-25-09, 13:54
Be warned. Over at Arfcom, we have determined that the poll is absolutely fixed. 90% of those anti numbers are from a webbot.

Good. Maybe the fabricators responsible for this garbage poll will find another useless hobby when this debacle is over.