PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying ammo.......

kukang
01-25-09, 18:25
Can anyone identify this ammo? Bought it from an LEO here in the Philippines and we both are clueless about the manufacturer of this stuff.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/pooping/Picture047-1.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/pooping/Picture054.jpg

rat31465
01-25-09, 18:36
Doing a quick search of the DND Arsenal came up with (Department of National Defense Bataan Phillipines.)

http://www.dnd.gov.ph/DNDWEBPAGE_files/html/aboutus.htm#GA

A creation of Republic Act No.1884 which was signed into law on 22 June 1957, the Arsenal is a line bureau under the Department of National Defense. However, it was only about a decade later, on 07 March 1967, that a presidential proclamation on its present site in Limay, Bataan was declared. Accordingly, on 12 October 1967, the ground breaking materialized at the spot where the statue of General Antonio Luna now stands.
The GA is located on a 370-hectare defense industrial estate in Limao, Limay, Province of Bataan. Just three kilometers from the Port of Limay, the Arsenal is strategically situated near Petron Bataan Refinery, ALSTOM Philippines, the National Power Corporation Plant, the ORICA, the Petro-Chemical Complex, and the Special Economic Zone at Mariveles, Bataan. The GA presently maintains and operates 124 buildings and structures sprawled over 70 hectares of land.
ORGANIZATION and FUNCTIONS
The Administrative Code of 1987 provides that the Government Arsenal shall be headed by a Director who shall be assisted by one or more Assistant Directors, with appropriate staff and operating units in accordance with law. Its functions are as follows:
Establish, operate, maintain and secure the Government Arsenal;
Formulate plans and programs to achieve self-sufficiency in small arms, mortars and other weapons and munitions;
Design, develop, manufacture, procure, stockpile and allocate small arms, mortars and other weapons and munitions without the necessity of obtaining any permits or licenses; and devise ways and means for the efficient mobilization of civilian industry to augment the production of the Arsenal in times of emergency; and
Perform such other functions as may be provided by law.
The Arsenal has four (4) Line Divisions, two (2) Technical Divisions and two (2)Support Divisions. The line divisions are Engineering Division, Case and Bullet Division, Explosives Division, and Cartridge Division. The technical divisions are Quality Assurance Division and Planning & Logistics Division. The support divisions are Administrative Division and Comptroller Division. In addition, there are four (4) support offices attached to the Office of the Director, namely: Loss Control Office, Internal Control Office, Arsenal Hospital and Arsenal Modernization Office.
MANUFACTURING CAPABILITY
The present manufacturing capability of the Arsenal is inherent in its two existing lines- the Gatlo or Rifle Line and the Gapat-Gabin or Pistol Line- which make possible the integrated ammunition production from raw materials of cartridge cases, bullets, primers and propellant powders. Presently, the Arsenal has the capability to manufacture seven types of ammunition, which are ascertained, prior to delivery, to be safe, reliable and accurate in conformity to U.S. Military Standards. These are the 5.56 mm MI93, Cal .30MI Carbine, Cal. 30M2, 7.62 mm M80, Cal .45 MI9II, Cal .38 Special, and 9 mm Parabellum ammunition. But only the 5.56 mm MI93, 7.62 mm M80, Cal .45 MI9II, and 9 mm Parabellum are currently being produced based on the requirements of the AFP. To ensure longer storage life of its products, the GA uses tin can for loose ammunition and metal box for linked ammunition.
The GA is now exploring the possibility of a Joint Venture Program Agreement with local and foreign proponents for a Total Development Plan of the entire GA area and the upgrading of its ammunition manufacturing line which is Phase I of the GA Modernization Program.

Oh yeah...the BMP on the headstamp stands for (Best Manufacturing Practices) and dates the date of production to 1993 as best I can find.....Hope this helps.

kukang
01-25-09, 18:43
Doing a quick search of the DND Arsenal came up with (Department of National Defense Bataan Phillipines.)

This is a link to a newspaper article about the Arsenal in Manillia.
http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2008/aug/21/yehey/prov/20080821pro4.html

Hope this helps....?

Thanks. That certainly helps..........

Frens
01-26-09, 01:27
looks like your hammer pin is walking away :eek: :p

kukang
01-26-09, 16:33
looks like your hammer pin is walking away :eek: :p

Hmmmhh let me check then panick if I have to..:D:D