PDA

View Full Version : Charles Daly shotguns

citizensoldier16
01-25-09, 21:05
Does anybody know much about these guns? The only exposure to them I have is the fact that WalMart used to sell them.

I really like the look (and the price) of the Field Tactical AW. I'd like a utility gun...you know, something to put behind the seat in the truck, keep behind the door in the bedroom, or on the boat when I go off-shore fishing. Obviously, the nickel plated finish is appealing due to the potential use in saltwater environments.

All of my other shotguns are 870s save for one Benelli Nova, so I don't know much about these CD guns. Does anyone have any insightful information I should know about?

crob1
01-29-09, 19:20
My wife got me a CD Field Tactical for Christmas. So I started doing some reading on the net. I found charlesdalyforum.com and realized there are quite a few people that have problems. It may have been fine and problem free, but I had the chance to exchange it, so I did.

Also, it seems like there are little to no accessories made for them.

thopkins22
01-29-09, 21:56
I've got a few thousand through my CD semi without problems...from light target loads to buckshot and slugs. I was running it for a few hundred shells without the O-ring in the gas system and even then, it only hiccuped a couple of times. When I called Charles Daly to buy a replacement O-ring they sent me three for free...every report that I've read online of their CS has been outstanding and they confirmed it dealing with me.

Is it a Benelli? Of course not...but I don't want it to be a Benelli nor a proper fighting shotgun. I wanted a durable, reliable gun that I could run and hunt hard, toss in the truck, drop, and generally beat on without cringing. My sample of one has provided that for me.

Mr. Kassnar posted here a while back that they're either offering now, or will be offering soon a cylinder choke that looks(and presumably performs) as a breaching standoff. I plan on putting one on an 870(purely so it'll look mean in the safe) since the CD guns use remchoke threading. Did I mention how cool it is that the president of the company actually takes time to post on forums and answer questions?