PDA

View Full Version : Building an accurate low cost AR15?

Glockster35
12-01-06, 09:53
Is it possible to build a tack driver using an A2 profile 20" 1/7 twist barrel?

I have a barrel I bought years ago, that I don't think has ever had any rounds through it. I am considering purchasing a flat top upper later in the year to build into one of my next project uppers.

I think all I have that can be used on this project is the barrel, so I will have to buy everything needed including the flat top, free floating handguards and the rings and scope.

I will probably go with a Super Sniper 20x42, 30mm Scope for the glass.

I think the handguards will cost around $120, rings should be about $120, and the scope for about $300, the flat top will be about $100, a MPI bolt carrier group should be $130.

Eventually I will be looking at getting the MagPul Precision Rifle Stock (PRS), but it is not something I have to have right now.

Am I missing something here?

C'yotecaller
04-10-07, 01:44
yeah, you will also want to add a new latch handle to the charging handle to make it easy to pull back with a scope above it. Good choice with the Super Sniper by the way, I got a 10x on my .308 and totally love it.

Paulinski
04-10-07, 09:04
I'm going to build something similar.

I found an unfired Colt Goverment Profile barrel over on the other site. 1/7 CMP B marked I'm going to base my build around that barrel.

DD Upper Receiver
DD Rifle Length M4 Rail
Larue Bipod Adaptor
Harris Bipod
PRI Gas Buster
Troy Rear Buis
Leupold MKIV 3-9 TMR for optics.