PDA

View Full Version : Unique 20 round mags

M&P45
01-26-09, 13:12
I picked up 6 20 round mags a local shop recently. I love 20 rounders for range use and living in NY anytime I can get a deal on any pre-ban hi-caps is a good day for me. Three of the mags are unlike any that I have previously owned. They have dull alloy followers. Most of the Colt 20 rounders I own have bright alloy followers. There is a UI stamp on the front edge of the mag body and are obviously made by Universal/Simmonds. The dry lube is worn off but they are in otherwise excellent condition with no dents and little wear on the followers. The base plates are stamped as as follows:

SI M16/M16A1 CAL 5.56MM
UNIVERSAL INDS. DIV.
SIMMONDS PREC. PROD. INC.
WEST HAVEN, CONN, U.S.A.

These may be very common but are the first of such in my collection. I love the retro M16/M16A1 markings. They make me want to do a retro build... The other three are Adventure Line in like new condition with almost all of the dry lube still intact.

If anyone from Long Island wants to pick some of these up PM me and I'll give you the dealer info. The price was better than any other Long Island dealer I have been to.

Stickman
01-28-09, 11:14
How steep are prices on the USGI 20round mags for those of you stuck in AWB states?

packinheavy
01-28-09, 12:17
I run across those fairly often since we still use some 20 rounders for range mags in the Air Force.

Go ahead and build yourself a nice lightweight retro gun. You won't regret it.

Mung
01-28-09, 18:55
I need 20 rounders. Anyone have them in stock? PMAGS or otherwise?

jmorrell
01-29-09, 06:38
I need 20 rounders. Anyone have them in stock? PMAGS or otherwise?
I ordered a couple of 20 round PMAGs from dynamicarmament.com two days ago. Their web site says they have in stock, but until I receive shipping confirmation I can't say for sure they actually have them.

Kaos
01-29-09, 06:41
I ordered a couple of 20 round PMAGs from dynamicarmament.com two days ago. Their web site says they have in stock, but until I receive shipping confirmation I can't say for sure they actually have them.

I ordered some "AR-15 Stoner" mags off midway on a whim a few weeks ago and got them about 5 days later. They're not bad so far (no malfunctions even in the cold here). They have what looks to be a ripoff of magpuls anti tilt follower in them. They were only 8.99 a pop.

Whenever I come across preban mags, I generally offer them to folks behind enemy lines as a courtesy.

Im sitting on a little stack (5 or so) now that I need to assess and verify the dates on them etc but I was told they're preban, I've traded these with folks for midway or other places gift certs or even just sold them outright...I don't go over $15 a piece (which includes shipping) out of principle.

Mung
01-29-09, 08:32

Thanks. Looks like all their PMAGS are in stock. But I'm not paying 2X MSRP.:mad:

M&P45
01-30-09, 05:36
I ordered some "AR-15 Stoner" mags off midway on a whim a few weeks ago and got them about 5 days later. They're not bad so far (no malfunctions even in the cold here). They have what looks to be a ripoff of magpuls anti tilt follower in them. They were only 8.99 a pop.

I read some internet rumor BS the the "AR Stoner" mags are made by C-Products for Midway. I can neither confirm nor deny that. It would explain the pseudo Magpul followers at least.

Eric Cartman
01-30-09, 18:16
I read some internet rumor BS the the "AR Stoner" mags are made by C-Products for Midway. I can neither confirm nor deny that. It would explain the pseudo Magpul followers at least.

Not a rumor, CProducts confirmed that they do/did produce the AR Stoner mags for Midway http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=408408