PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with YHM EoTech mount?

madryan
12-01-06, 22:28
Anyone here ever use it? I'm looking for a riser and don't want to drop the $$$ for the Larue.

MAP
12-02-06, 10:42
I've used both. The LaRue is better. That being said, the YHM is usable. We have them on four (4) rifles at work. They have held up well. They are not carried in a car (yet).

Hope this helps,

Mike

C4IGrant
12-02-06, 12:28
Anyone here ever use it? I'm looking for a riser and don't want to drop the $$$ for the Larue.

I don't trust the locking system. Save up for a LT as it will repeat zero and the YHM one will not.

C4

Stickman
12-02-06, 13:22
Figure if you have a need for a QD mount that will repeat zero. If you do, there are several available, with Larue being liked by many. GG&G is another name that comes up.

If you don't need a QD, and your optic tends to stay on your weapon (as mine do), the YHM should work fine for you, though it won't win you as many cool points. The YHM costs much less ($35 vs $120), but in the big scheme of things, your decision should be based off your needs, not the price.

I've used the YHM riser before, and it works fine, but I can't give personal long term use as I don't like risers on my Eotech. I know a few other guys who have used them, and they have had no complaints, but they don't pull their optics on and off either. I would obviously recommend Loctite if you go with the YHM. I run a Larue mount that I'm very happy with also, but its for an Accupoint, not an Eotech.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/pictures/YHM-mount-for-ARF-Stick.jpg

wedgehead30
12-04-06, 16:06
I've had the YHM mount and for the price it's hard to beat. If you don't remove your optic and just want a riser then it's probably the way to go. That being said I stepped up to a Larue and I coudn't be happier. The YHM is functional but the Larue is a piece of art. I can take my eotech on & off without any change in zero. The larue mount is rock solid. The YHM is not as robust. I broke one of the rail mounting tabs on my YHM. I sent it back to YHM and they promptly replaced it no questions asked.

Spend the extra money, you won't regret it. Get a hold of Grant @ G&R, he'll hook you up at a fair price with fast delivery.

Scott (Wedge)
:D