PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Carrier Groups

Evan_O
01-27-09, 14:19
Does anyone have a lead on Colt/LMT/BCM bolt carrier groups and charging handles in stock? I'm a Deputy Sheriff and need one for patrol. I just can't believe these $200 price tags if you can actually find one! If anyone has a lead on one at a price that is not completely crazy please post a link or shoot me a pm/email.

Thanks for your time gents!

markm
01-27-09, 14:42
$200 is quite reasonable for a Colt 16 BCG. In the current market, I'd be glad to find one for that price if I were looking.

Unfortunately we're in a situation where there's guys with 4 or 5 extra carriers laying on their bench.... because they can afford it.

Evan_O
01-27-09, 14:51
I hear ya Mark. I signed up for notification from Bravo Company but by the time I get the email (LEO work is hell for regular hours) they are sold out. Then you see a flooding of BCM groups on that other site for $200 to $250 knowing full well they just purchased for $130. It just gets frustrating lately....

I have an LMT BCG and CH on order from them but I'm looking at a four month wait. It wouldn't be a problem if this wasn't for work...

I thought I'd throw it out here because sometimes you guys post a line on some of this stuff.

bkb0000
01-27-09, 15:16
we can only hope and pray that these assholes gobbling up all the goods get stuck with them when demand drops and production catches up. the problem is, demand is staying high BECAUSE these assholes are gobbling them up for gunbroker and TOS EE.

i think November was panic buying, and everything since then has just been profiteers. i had an extra Young phosphate 16 BCG- i sold it for the same price i paid for it, knowing i could have doubled my money on somebody else's desperation.

olds442tyguy
01-27-09, 15:23
Unfortunately we're in a situation where there's guys with 4 or 5 extra carriers laying on their bench.... because they can afford it.
Kind of like how I saw a guy bragging about buying 300 PMAG's to stash away. Yet guys like LEO's and people who actually need to buy mags get stuck doing the run around.

markm
01-27-09, 15:32
Kind of like how I saw a guy bragging about buying 300 PMAG's to stash away. Yet guys like LEO's and people who actually need to buy mags get stuck doing the run around.

That's just plain stupid. You couldn't burn thru those in 3 lifetimes.

markm
01-27-09, 15:34
demand is staying high BECAUSE these assholes are gobbling them up for gunbroker and TOS EE.

There's so many scum bags in the gun realm. Shit! I sold my one extra BCM bolt group at a discount to a guy here. For all I know he turned around and sold it for profit. :(

bkb0000
01-27-09, 15:39

mags are a little different- they will be banned, and they do have a limited lifespan. 300 sounds possibly excessive for one guy- he better be a heavy shooter. but i cant fault a guy for stocking up 100 or so. i'm close to that myself. and i am a heavy shooter.

and as far as LEOs needing stuff- i'm sorry, gentlemen, but cops dont have automatic dibs on gear. i have a feeling we're ALL gonna "need" this stuff in the next 5 years, and if I have the option of taking something i need or letting a cop grab it- it's mine.

twodollarbill
01-27-09, 16:07
I needed a few and found that Young Manufacturing was accepting orders and shipping.
http://www.newriverarms.net/product-info.php?pid116.html
At $155 that's not that far out of line from normal.

ZDL
01-27-09, 16:09
Suggestion: Get on "Automatic instock email" lists. And then... ACT FAST!. I purchased my last item over my blackberry. Good thing too. By the time I had gotten home, they were sold out.

bkb0000
01-27-09, 16:13
I needed a few and found that Young Manufacturing was accepting orders and shipping.
http://www.newriverarms.net/product-info.php?pid116.html
At $155 that's not that far out of line from normal.

thats the usual price for youngs anyway

Suggestion: Get on "Automatic instock email" lists. And then... ACT FAST!. I purchased my last item over my blackberry. Good thing too. By the time I had gotten home, they were sold out.

My PDA is the only reason i'm making any progress on my Obamanation Builds.

Shihan
01-27-09, 16:28
Youngs has stated making their own gaskeys as they cant find any. I saw them at the show last weekend and wasnt impressed.

Iraqgunz
01-27-09, 16:32
Why are mags different? Did you call Ms. Cleo and she told you that parts won't be banned? Bottom line is we live in a free society and if someone wants 300 PMAGS or 50 BCG's that is his prerogative as long as he/she can afford them. I am sure that there are those who cuss me every time I buy 1K of ammo at a time.

Lots of people are complaining and as far as I concerned I have zero sympathy to be honest. President Obama was on the campaign trial a long time and everyone knew his record.

It was also very apparent in the last 6 months before the election that he was going to win. If someone chose to wait until 05 NOV to wake up and "rediscover" their desire for guns, ammo and spare parts that's their problem.

mags are a little different- they will be banned, and they do have a limited lifespan. 300 sounds possibly excessive for one guy- he better be a heavy shooter. but i cant fault a guy for stocking up 100 or so. i'm close to that myself. and i am a heavy shooter.

and as far as LEOs needing stuff- i'm sorry, gentlemen, but cops dont have automatic dibs on gear. i have a feeling we're ALL gonna "need" this stuff in the next 5 years, and if I have the option of taking something i need or letting a cop grab it- it's mine.

Caeser25
01-27-09, 16:58
I got one from Larue awhile back and went to order another recently and they don't sell them anymore:confused:

RogerinTPA
01-27-09, 17:31
It's called "planning" for a reason. If you didn't see the "sea of change" coming during this past election, it's not anyone fault but your own. If you didn't have the foresight to stock up months prior to election day, I feel for you. A year from now, we will think these are "descent" prices.

Abraxas
01-27-09, 17:37
It's called "planning" for a reason. If you didn't see the "sea of change" coming during this past election, it's not anyone fault but your own. If you didn't have the foresight to stock up months prior to election day, I feel for you. A year from now, we will think these are "descent" prices.

Some of us just did not have the funds:mad:

Evan_O
01-27-09, 17:59
Some of us just did not have the funds:mad:

And some of us did not know five months ago that there would be an SOP change and I would be in need of a bcg. I'm not trying to bitch anyone here, just thought someone might have a line on one.

Mods,
This is going in a completely wrong direction. Not what I had intended for the thread at all. Feel free to delete it if you choose.

Thanks to those who IM'd me a couple of spots to check!

Jay Cunningham
01-27-09, 18:20
Why are mags different? Did you call Ms. Cleo and she told you that parts won't be banned? Bottom line is we live in a free society and if someone wants 300 PMAGS or 50 BCG's that is his prerogative as long as he/she can afford them. I am sure that there are those who cuss me every time I buy 1K of ammo at a time.

Lots of people are complaining and as far as I concerned I have zero sympathy to be honest. President Obama was on the campaign trial a long time and everyone knew his record.

It was also very apparent in the last 6 months before the election that he was going to win. If someone chose to wait until 05 NOV to wake up and "rediscover" their desire for guns, ammo and spare parts that's their problem.

Agree - bitching about what others do with their own money in a supposedly free society is nonsense.

Rider79
01-27-09, 18:28

I hope that's not a dig at something I said earlier. Yes, I can afford it, and I have bought extra stuff for the exact reasons that Iraqgunz said. I'd rather grab it now, than regret it later. And most of the BCGs I have laying around are for builds in progress. The lowers I have were completed months before the election, because I saw this shit coming. I've also had to buy BCGs for other reasons as well, because I made the RRA/Stag mistake before I knew better. But yeah, I do have a couple xtra sitting around, no, I don't feel bad about it, and yes, the next time a notification pops up on my iPhone from bravocompany I'll probably buy 2 more of their BCGs. And no, I won't feel bad about it.

As for the OP, I've had good luck getting LMT BCGs from quantico, they were getting them in pretty steady for awhile and they weren't selling out in 9.5 seconds like they do on bravocompany. Their inventory system is a little off, so you might get backordered, but they don't charge til they ship. Another place is mattdtactical.com, they have a notification system, and their stuff stayed in stock for a decent amount of time. Operationparts.com also has a notification system. Or you could hook up with a buddy who has no life like me and hovers over his PDA and give him the money to snag you one from BCM when they pop up.

lmmmmm
01-27-09, 19:09
email sent to Evan O

bkb0000
01-27-09, 19:15
difference of perspective. and my gripe isn't "stocking up," it's scalpers. they have every right to do it, and i have every right to think they're low-lifes.

markm
01-27-09, 19:23
My issue with the guys who end up with 87 hundred of everything is that they get to sitting pretty in the event of some ban.....

Then they almost get to wanting the ban when they realize how silly it is to have several lifetimes' worth of mags. But if a ban came along they might be able to at least triple their money.

Stay hungry bitches! :p

CAPT KIRK
01-27-09, 19:34
if I have the option of taking something i need or letting a cop grab it- it's mine.

WOW!!! In a society where support for Law Enforcement seems more and more scarce, I was still caught of guard by this mentality.

Guess us COPS will just have to make do until it all gets outlawed and you cant get it any more. Then we'll be getting what you want and cant get because by then it will be for Military or LEO only...

hatt
01-27-09, 19:42
WOW!!! In a society where support for Law Enforcement seems more and more scarce, I was still caught of guard by this mentality.

Guess us COPS will just have to make do until it all gets outlawed and you cant get it any more. Then we'll be getting what you want and cant get because by then it will be for Military or LEO only...
This is pretty much the reason why cops get a bad wrap.

Parabellum9x19mm
01-27-09, 20:07
what's the low-down on the M&A Parts BCG?

they say "manufactured by a government contractor. the real deal."

it was only $125, so i bought one for my "beater-build" carbine

i'll let you know how it looks when i get it i suppose.

i am going to hold out for a BCM carrier group for my BCM middie. i should have bought the Noveske group when it was available for only $150. it's identical to the BCM groups as far as my Mk.1 eyeballs are concerned.

Evan_O
01-27-09, 20:14
This is pretty much the reason why cops get a bad wrap.

Well I'm not saying what Capt Kirk said is right but the way I see it bkb0000 threw a finger at helping out LEO and LEO threw the finger back. If that upsets you that much then you already have a bigger problem with Law Enforcement.

The guy that calls us an **shole, has no need or use for us, and doesn't want to give us a break is the same guy that
a) decides to take the law into his own hands and ends up in jail or civil/criminal suits
or does the right thing, calls us and
b) wants to know where the hell we are at, why it took so long, and what we're going to do to save his ass.

It's a thankless job for the most part, we do it because we love it (God knows it doesn't pay a lot) and sometimes when we see statements like the previous one made... ya we bite back. I don't see how that gives us anymore of a "bad wrap" than a civi stating what he said. Then again you may be a civi and have no idea where I'm coming from...

hatt
01-27-09, 20:40
Well I'm not saying what Capt Kirk said is right but the way I see it bkb0000 threw a finger at helping out LEO and LEO threw the finger back. If that upsets you that much then you already have a bigger problem with Law Enforcement.

The guy that calls us an **shole, has no need or use for us, and doesn't want to give us a break is the same guy that
a) decides to take the law into his own hands and ends up in jail or civil/criminal suits
or does the right thing, calls us and
b) wants to know where the hell we are at, why it took so long, and what we're going to do to save his ass.

It's a thankless job for the most part, we do it because we love it (God knows it doesn't pay a lot) and sometimes when we see statements like the previous one made... ya we bite back. I don't see how that gives us anymore of a "bad wrap" than a civi stating what he said. Then again you may be a civi and have no idea where I'm coming from...

Sorry bro, I'm not anti LE, far from it, I'm not a subject either. You are the one who waited around until all the good stuff for cheap was gone, and now want "civi's" to step aside so you can get what you're entitled to for the price you want to pay. Get a Stag BCG like everyone else who waited around, then get whatever when it comes available, like everyone else.

Shihan
01-27-09, 21:17

And then someday what you bought after the ban you will have to give back.

bkb0000
01-27-09, 21:22

first come, first serve- regardless of self-entitlements. you are not special. your department should be issuing you whatever you need for the job. if they can't, i'd suggest finding a department with a better budget.

this doesn't have anything to do with "support for law enforcement." what does that even mean? if i don't hate you for being a cop? i don't dislike cops simply because they're cops- i dislike the self-entitlement and superiority complex that comes with it. like thinking you deserve first dibs on shit we all need.

CAPT KIRK
01-27-09, 22:19
You are right.... I and others are not special people and I am totally down with sharing. I recently gave up some spare parts to someone in need.

However, we do have NEED for these type of items, and I know I speak for most of us when I say that we personally purchase most of the equipment we carry. My department issues a Mini-14 rifle and ONE 20rnd magazine, is that enough? I think not. Most departments only issue the bare necessities. When I am trying to put together an Active Shooter bag in case I should have to respond to "your" childs school to intervene and save lives, which I will do without consideration of my own life, its kinda irritating to not be able to get a few new P-Mags to put in it for the M4 I also payed for myself.

My personal hobbies are a "want" and do not take any precedence over the "want" of any other, but what to many are the "wants" of their hobby, to others are the "needs" of their profession.

No hard feelings, just food for thought.

Evan_O
01-27-09, 22:40
Sorry bro, I'm not anti LE, far from it, I'm not a subject either. You are the one who waited around until all the good stuff for cheap was gone, and now want "civi's" to step aside so you can get what you're entitled to for the price you want to pay. Get a Stag BCG like everyone else who waited around, then get whatever when it comes available, like everyone else.

Hatt,
I did not wait around. Something came up and now I'm asking the forum if they know where an item may be found at a reasonable price. I HAVE NOT ASKED ANYONE TO STEP ASIDE. DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. I simply put my 0.02 in regarding what Kirk had to say.

Evan_O
01-27-09, 22:43
You are right.... I and others are not special people and I am totally down with sharing. I recently gave up some spare parts to someone in need.

However, we do have NEED for these type of items, and I know I speak for most of us when I say that we personally purchase most of the equipment we carry. My department issues a Mini-14 rifle and ONE 20rnd magazine, is that enough? I think not. Most departments only issue the bare necessities. When I am trying to put together an Active Shooter bag in case I should have to respond to "your" childs school to intervene and save lives, which I will do without consideration of my own life, its kinda irritating to not be able to get a few new P-Mags to put in it for the M4 I also payed for myself.

My personal hobbies are a "want" and do not take any precedence over the "want" of any other, but what to many are the "wants" of their hobby, to others are the "needs" of their profession.

No hard feelings, just food for thought.

Kirk,
Very well said brother!

Evan_O
01-27-09, 22:48
I would just like to say to the person that sold me the BCG, thank you very much!!!! I owe you one! Also thanks to lmmmmm for hooking a brother up with the location of a charging handle.

mmike87
01-28-09, 07:29
Law enforcement doesn't have to worry about a ban - they will always get their stuff. The rest of us have been put on notice. We have a limited window to purchase these items, and "sorry civillian, but no mags for you for the rest of your life" is a less than thrilling proposition for most of us hobbyists. Remember, the government created this demand with their threats of bans and restrictions. What did anyone expect to happen?

That said, scaplers suck IMO. Horders, well a lot of them are just doing what they need to be doing.

mario
01-28-09, 07:47
Just about impossible to find a BCG these days - even common items like charging handles are B/O everywhere. Site sponsor Bravo Company will e-mail you when B/O parts come in but you have to be ready to move quick - they sell out fast!

markm
01-28-09, 07:47
Law enforcement doesn't have to worry about a ban - they will always get their stuff. The rest of us have been put on notice.

No. You just have to make L.E. buddies so you can get all the shit you need. ;)

Rider79
01-28-09, 07:58
Just about impossible to find a BCG these days - even common items like charging handles are B/O everywhere. Site sponsor Bravo Company will e-mail you when B/O parts come in but you have to be ready to move quick - they sell out fast!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LMP103

I've had no problems finding charging handles. Not really even a problem finding lowers, just uppers and BCGs.

Rider79
01-28-09, 08:13

Hmm. Let's take a look at all this bickering. I'm all for cops getting what they need. But I feel like I'm getting bashed, and people like me are getting bashed, because we buy shit when its available. I like guns, I like buying guns, I like putting guns together, I like looking at guns, I like talking about guns, I like having them, and I like shooting them. I don't feel like I'm taking stuff away from cops, alot of cops I'm friends with already have 6920's that they got a long time ago, many of them at LE agency prices ($900!). But I feel like I'm some kind of prick just because I snag BCGs and shit when its available. Let's look at the facts. I do okay financially. I'm not rich, I'm not poor. While I'm no longer LE, I make the same, or less, than alot of LE out here. They have the same income as me, the same resources. Maybe I have a little more resources because I didn't take out 3 mortgages on a house that I used as an ATM or buy a car I couldn't afford. But I digress. They have cell phones, some of them have iPhones, like me. They can sign up for email alerts, follow this forum religiously, and monitor their email regularly on their PDA style phone. I work 4 days a week, about 32-34 hours, my schedule isn't alot different from theirs. While I'm at work I can't be online, just like them. Yet I still manage to find stuff to purchase. So don't be pissed at me because I put in the damn legwork. I've helped some of my LE friends find stuff that they couldn't find, or didn't have the time to find, and I didn't make any profit off it.

Rider79
01-28-09, 08:22
My issue with the guys who end up with 87 hundred of everything is that they get to sitting pretty in the event of some ban.....

Then they almost get to wanting the ban when they realize how silly it is to have several lifetimes' worth of mags. But if a ban came along they might be able to at least triple their money.

Stay hungry bitches! :p

I don't hope for a ban. Well, actually okay, I did hope for a ban the other week. But that was because one of my bosses was just begging to purchase my DPMS, because I sold another DPMS to one of my other bosses, and of course, this boss had to have one too. He cried about not being able to find one, so I offered him mine, then he gave me the run around about meeting up to look at it. When we were finally supposed to meet, a couple days before the inauguration, he left me waiting at the agreed meetup spot for an hour and a half, while he was repeatedly texting me, telling me he was on his way. So basically he stood me up. So yeah, at that point I did wish for a ban on January 21st, just so I could tell him to go **** himself when he came crying to me after he found out ARs were gone for good.

C4IGrant
01-28-09, 08:51
Hmmm, BCG's going for $200. So the 10 BCM BCG's I have here looking at me are worth a lot of coin? :D

C4

Rider79
01-28-09, 08:59
Hmmm, BCG's going for $200. So the 10 BCM BCG's I have here looking at me are worth a lot of coin? :D

C4

*constantly refreshing the BCM page on G&R's website, waiting for the "out of stock" to disappear*

I'll only buy one, before anyone starts bitching.

5pins
01-28-09, 10:03
*constantly refreshing the BCM page on G&R's website, waiting for the "out of stock" to disappear*

I'll only buy one, before anyone starts bitching.

Dibs on the other nine.:p

Just joking. I’m going to miss out on this one. I’m taking my son to the dentist.

Rider79
01-28-09, 10:05

Only if you're a cop. :rolleyes:

rob_s
01-28-09, 10:13
to each according to his need (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_each_according_to_his_ability,_to_each_according_to_his_need)

Sign 'o the times, I guess...

CAPT KIRK
01-28-09, 10:14
For the record, and my wife will attest to this, there are many Cops who are very upset about the prospect of future bans and strongly support the second amendment. We firmly believe that the prospect of an armed citizenry does deter those who would do us harm.

Rider79
01-28-09, 10:17
to each according to his need (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_each_according_to_his_ability,_to_each_according_to_his_need)

Sign 'o the times, I guess...

We elected a new savior, we must follow his lead. :rolleyes:

Rider79
01-28-09, 10:20
For the record, and my wife will attest to this, there are many Cops who are very upset about the prospect of future bans and strongly support the second amendment. We firmly believe that the prospect of an armed citizenry does deter those who would do us harm.

No one said you didn't believe that. I was just pointing out that the tools I've used to make my purchases are available to everyone, cops included. While some of my LE friends are gun enthusiasts, and do care about the possibility of a future AWB, some of the others have no interest in firearms beyond them being a tool that is required for their job, and could care less about any future legislation.

Sidewinder6
01-28-09, 10:20
Out of Stock.

SecretAgentMan
01-28-09, 10:22

Indeed, my local law enforcement officials are as pro-gun as one could possibly hope for. If Obama comes for guns, I know what side my local cops will be on.

Rider79
01-28-09, 10:26
Out of Stock.

They never were listed in stock. They're probably for people on his email waiting list. Grant was just teasing us.

Jerk. :D

Rider79
01-28-09, 10:27

Just joking. I’m going to miss out on this one. I’m taking my son to the dentist.

Me too, I'm going to bed, I can't sleep ALL day.

C4IGrant
01-28-09, 10:35
They never were listed in stock. They're probably for people on his email waiting list. Grant was just teasing us.

Jerk. :D

They were never in stock (for sale), but that didn't stop one person from trying to buy them.

C4

Rider79
01-28-09, 10:37
They were never in stock (for sale), but that didn't stop one person from trying to buy them.

C4

Sorry. It never hurts to ask, right? :(

Stickman
01-28-09, 10:37
Why are mags different? Bottom line is we live in a free society and if someone wants 300 PMAGS or 50 BCG's that is his prerogative as long as he/she can afford them. I am sure that there are those who cuss me every time I buy 1K of ammo at a time.

Amen brother.

I have tried to stock up on PMAGs where ever possible, and I've ended up giving a bunch of them away. Buddies who are deploying, cops who are in carbine classes, MIL guys who have heard about them and never used or handled them. In the big scheme of things, one or two here or there adds up, but I try to buy enough where I can do that. Getting the good word out to people who will actually see a difference is all worth it in my mind. Good people appreciate things, and it all works out in the end.

Stickman
01-28-09, 10:39

My entire squad feels that way, and has voiced that whenever talks about an AWB have come up. Most of us are all good like that, there are only a few sellouts in our ranks, and those are the ones who we should never forget.

Stickman
01-28-09, 10:42
Evan_O- Did you get a BCG for your duty pig yet?

I got kind of sidetracked with the above....

Remy
01-28-09, 11:15
Be nice Grant........be nice!:p

Rider79
01-28-09, 11:36
Be nice Grant........be nice!:p

Wow, I hope Grant isn't pissed at me. I put a :D after I said "jerk" because I was kidding. I figured they weren't gonna be available, but a guy gotta ask, right?

:(

bkb0000
01-28-09, 11:42
Indeed, my local law enforcement officials are as pro-gun as one could possibly hope for. If Obama comes for guns, I know what side my local cops will be on.

anyone who thinks their cop friends are going to go rogue if there's a ban, or even just disregard the law in that area, is delusional.

Iraqgunz
01-28-09, 12:03
And you know this how? I know alot of people in various armed professional fields who have stated that they will in no way enforce any type of crazy gun ban.

anyone who thinks their cop friends are going to go rogue if there's a ban, or even just disregard the law in that area, is delusional.

bkb0000
01-28-09, 12:38
And you know this how? I know alot of people in various armed professional fields who have stated that they will in no way enforce any type of crazy gun ban.

and you believe them? this is no different than all the guys that claim theyll go down shooting when your various armed professionals come for their guns- no they wont. they'll turn them over.

obviously there are a few comitted souls out there who wont comply, on either side, but for every 1 of them theres a truckload that are full of crap. i know a few of the local cops here, and have heard similar claims. i disbelieve.

ZDL
01-28-09, 12:45

What is this shit? You in a bad mood? Hate LEO's? Like generalizing people? Have foresight? Took some online classes from Ms. Cleo? Enjoy looking like a giant ass?

Which one? Getting pretty tired of your whining and bitching personally.

Shift into neutral and cool off. Your mouthing off here lately is not going unnoticed.

Someone made the comment LEO's will always get what they need. Right. We have stuff on back order (even non firearms related) for a long long time. There isn't some special warehouse we get things from whenever we need. We are subject to supply and demand just like everyone else.

I personally believed that an armed citizenry leads to a lower crime rate. If I had my way; I would be putting guns INTO the hands of the people I serve. My activity every month would plummet. So would the amount of times I ran code.

I won't be enforcing any unconstitutional anti gun measures. Period.

UVvis
01-28-09, 12:57
Same team guys, same team.

Scary times and fear buying, but we are all in this together.

bkb0000
01-28-09, 13:11
What is this shit? You in a bad mood? Hate LEO's? Like generalizing people? Have foresight? Took some online classes from Ms. Cleo? Enjoy looking like a giant ass?

Which one? Getting pretty tired of your whining and bitching personally.

Shift into neutral and cool off. Your mouthing off here lately is not going unnoticed.

Someone made the comment LEO's will always get what they need. Right. We have stuff on back order (even non firearms related) for a long long time. There isn't some special warehouse we get things from whenever we need. We are subject to supply and demand just like everyone else.

I personally believed that an armed citizenry leads to a lower crime rate. If I had my way; I would be putting guns INTO the hands of the people I serve. My activity every month would plummet. So would the amount of times I ran code.

I won't be enforcing any unconstitutional anti gun measures. Period.

too touchy, man. the now two times i've had anything to say about LE you've flipped out. cant handle any form of critisism? i haven't said anything anti-cop. saying anything negative about a cop, cops, or LE in general and you want to make me out to be some kind of pissy, sullen cop hater. thats not the case. you can criticize when you see error and still not be a cop hater. this isn't "with us or against us."

and you dont tell me anything when you generalize- give it to me point by point if you think i'm wrong.

and who the hell is ms. cleo? second time someone's brought that up.

Parabellum9x19mm
01-28-09, 13:15

"call me now, fi ya free bumbaclot readin, ya rasclot'"

Iraqgunz
01-28-09, 13:17
Well sorry to say that I happen to be one of them and you are absolutely wrong. There will be those who will cave in for sure, but most will not. YMMV.

and you believe them? this is no different than all the guys that claim theyll go down shooting when your various armed professionals come for their guns- no they wont. they'll turn them over.

obviously there are a few comitted souls out there who wont comply, on either side, but for every 1 of them theres a truckload that are full of crap. i know a few of the local cops here, and have heard similar claims. i disbelieve.

bkb0000
01-28-09, 13:19
Well sorry to say that I happen to be one of them and you are absolutely wrong. There will be those who will cave in for sure, but most will not. YMMV.

well i hope you're right. i just dont think it'll be line-in-the-sand enough to force people into deciding where they stand. i think it'll be just like it has been for the last century- a gradual decline in rights, just enough compromise, that it won't spark the anger and indignation required to push people over the edge.

ZDL
01-28-09, 13:20
too touchy, man. the now two times i've had anything to say about LE you've flipped out. cant handle any form of critisism?

You aren't offering criticism. You're making statements that can't possibly be verified and representing them as fact.

i haven't said anything anti-cop.

Really? Do you read what you write?

saying anything negative about a cop, cops, or LE in general and you want to make me out to be some kind of pissy, sullen cop hater.

You've been a roll lately. This is why I pointed it out to you. Get a ticket or something recently?

thats not the case. you can criticize when you see error and still not be a cop hater. this isn't "with us or against us."

Seems to be the agenda you're pushing.

and you dont tell me anything when you generalize- give it to me point by point if you think i'm wrong.

Read your posts.

google. or youtube. You'll enjoy a laugh.

I don't remember ever having a problem with things you have posted but recently, your posts are popping up on my "that guy is a d-bag" radar. What gives?

Simply suggestion you take some time for self evaluation and figure out what's up. Cheers. :cool:

ZDL
01-28-09, 13:22
well i hope you're right. i just dont think it'll be line-in-the-sand enough to force people into deciding where they stand. i think it'll be just like it has been for the last century- a gradual decline in rights, just enough compromise, that it won't spark the anger and indignation required to push people over the edge.

See. NOW I can agree. Explain what you mean, like this, more often.

We have seen a gradual decline for along time and most remain apathetic. I agree this process works and they will continue to use it. However, I have my personal eyes on the gun regulation measures. If one of those hit's the pike, I'll be on the side of the constitution.

Sidewinder6
01-28-09, 13:46
http://i41.tinypic.com/k9iely.jpg

Iraqgunz
01-28-09, 14:31
Dude that is the shit and I am afraid I will have to steal this picture from you. :D

http://i41.tinypic.com/k9iely.jpg

Rider79
01-28-09, 17:56
Hey, anyone know where I can find some bolt carrier groups?

*crickets*

Sorry, my bad. Thought that was what this thread was about.

*backs slowly out the door*

Remy
01-28-09, 18:01
Yeah...........I would like to hear more about BCG's!:cool:

SWATcop556
01-28-09, 18:29
Sure is a lot of bitchin' going on for a simple question about BCG's.

You would have thought he asked that question on TOS with how that turned into such a pissing contest. :rolleyes:

And just for the record I'm LEO and I have no problem with citizens stocking up on spare parts that they will need.

Scalpers will burn in hell........end of story. :cool:

And to respond to the OP, I have had pretty good luck with BravoCo. and an iPhone. It has been my life line.

ZDL
01-28-09, 18:39
Sure is a lot of bitchin' going on for a simple question about BCG's.

You would have thought he asked that question on TOS with how that turned into such a pissing contest. :rolleyes:

And just for the record I'm LEO and I have no problem with citizens stocking up on spare parts that they will need.

Scalpers will burn in hell........end of story. :cool:

And to respond to the OP, I have had pretty good luck with BravoCo. and an iPhone. It has been my life line.

Why will scalpers burn in hell???? I don't understand this logic.. Anything else and you would be calling them investors. Because it's an item this particular crowd wants and can't get at pre-election prices... the smart ones.... the investors.... are called dogs. I have every damn right to list my AR on gunbroker for $50,000. And someone else has every damn right to bid............ OR NOT BID. It doesn't make any of the parties dogs... neither does it assure their spot in the lake of fire.

There are other options to paying "scalpers" prices... Like... planning ahead... or... patience.... I know, I know.. Dated concepts to be sure. :rolleyes:

Never let me see any of you make money on an item you purchased and later resell. God forbid any of you fall into your own description. I'm sure all of you will simply be investors... or opportunists. :rolleyes:

Parabellum9x19mm
01-28-09, 18:44
There are other options to paying "scalpers" prices... Like... planning ahead... or... patience.... I know, I know.. Dated concepts to be sure. :rolleyes:

Never let me see any of you make money on an item you purchased and later resell. God forbid any of you fall into your own description. I'm sure all of you will simply be investors... or opportunists. :rolleyes:

there's a big difference between someone selling something down the road and someone purchasing something with the intent of jacking up the price and listing it as soon as its in their hands

the same thing with the people whom have crates of wearhoused Maadis who are praying for a ban so they can make a buck

do they have the right to do that stuff, yes? that doesn't mean i have to like it. if you want to defend them that's fine. i wouldn't ever engage in that shit, the few extra bucks are not worth it to me.

i think i've exercised a lot of patience and foresight. i got most things i wanted before November 08. the problem is that i don't think i'll ever be "done" or "finished" no matter how hard i try.

ZDL
01-28-09, 19:02
there's a big difference between someone selling something down the road and someone purchasing something with the intent of jacking up the price and listing it as soon as its in their hands

No there isn't. At all.

the same thing with the people whom have crates of wearhoused Maadis who are praying for a ban so they can make a buck

So, by your definition, if I invest in foreclosed homes I'm doing the same thing? Or an estate sale that someone is selling a painting at a good deal that I happen to know is worth a lot more? What about a classic car that someone needs to get rid of to pay their bills and are offering a deal on the cheap? If I step in and purchase it knowing tomorrow I'm going to list it for 2x's what I paid... Does this make me a scalper? I have what others don't in these situations. TIME. I have the ability to sit on whatever I buy and wait for value to increase. TIME is an important part of investing. The guy who is selling that car.. doesn't have time.. foreclosed house... no time.. painting... no time. So by your logic... I'm the bad guy for providing the seller with what they needed at the time, which is money, and turning around and using the element I have at my disposal... which is time, to make a buck..... :rolleyes:

do they have the right to do that stuff, yes? that doesn't mean i have to like it. if you want to defend them that's fine. i wouldn't ever engage in that shit, the few extra bucks are not worth it to me.

To each. However, understand what it is before making a decision. It isn't "scalping".

i think i've exercised a lot of patience and foresight. i got most things i wanted before November 08. the problem is that i don't think i'll ever be "done" or "finished" no matter how hard i try.

Great. So did I. And neither am I.

Being angry that someone trying to make money.. capitalize on a fertile market... is ludicrous. No one is forcing you to purchase these things and you definitely don't NEED them. :rolleyes:

Parabellum9x19mm
01-28-09, 19:14
well i guess i'm an idiot for just buying one BCM middie upper group when i had the chance instead buying of five.

could i have floated it, gotten an upper for free sold four and ripped some people off? yeah i could have, easily.

i just chose not to. i guess i'm the sucker.

i used to share your viewpoint, honestly. the whole situation is just tiresome. i never said i was angry. i'm not. just annoyed.

sorry if i'm moaning and bitching or whatever. this thread should die already.

and the whole sarcastic "great. so did i" comment. um. you're the one preaching foresight and patience. i was trying to agree with you.

you didn't need to pick apart my whole post line by line, i wasn't trying to be a prick, i guess i cant help it.

ZDL
01-28-09, 19:21
well i guess i'm an idiot for just buying one BCM middie upper group when i had the chance instead of five.

could i have floated it, gotten an upper for free sold four and ripped some people off? yeah i could have, easily.

i just chose not to. i guess i'm the sucker.

i used to share your viewpoint, honestly. the whole situation is just tiresome. sorry if i'm moaning and bitching or whatever. this thread should die already.

Well, I have a gulfstream IV for sale for $500.... You're wouldn't be interested in it though right? I mean... It's against your moral code and all.

If you could have floated buying many different uppers and selling them for profit............. AND WANTED TO DEAL WITH THE HASSLE THAT COMES WITH INVESTING, then you should have.

If you couldn't OR DIDN'T WANT TO, then no one can say anything.

I could have and didn't. I just didn't want to deal with selling firearms. But I don't boohoo the ones who did. I have other things I "invest" in. Not to mention... I have this thing against selling firearms period. Anything I would have bought firearm's related prior to the election, I would have ended up keeping regardless of my original plans. :cool:

ZDL
01-28-09, 19:23
and the whole sarcastic "great. so did i" comment. um. you're the one preaching foresight and patience. i was trying to agree with you.

you didn't need to pick apart my whole post line by line, i wasn't trying to be a prick, i guess i cant help it.

Wasn't sarcastic. I was agreeing that I too exercised foresight in purchasing things prior to the election.

"The neither am I" was also in agreement to your "im never finished..." sentiments.

I was finding common ground not trying to be a dick... You took it.... another way.

Parabellum9x19mm
01-28-09, 19:24
Well, I have a gulfstream IV for sale for $500.... You're wouldn't be interested in it though right? I mean... It's against your moral code and all.

i wouldnt be interested. i couldnt afford the maintenance, or the fuel, i'm not a pilot.

i don't really care about making gobs of money. sorry. you're just better than me.

i don't want to argue anymore. you win. ok?

ZDL
01-28-09, 19:28
i wouldnt be interested. i couldnt afford the maintenance, or the fuel, i'm not a pilot.

i don't really care about making gobs of money. sorry. you're just better than me.

i don't want to argue anymore. you win. ok?

Fair enough. But know, the ones that are, aren't dogs; neither will they burn in hell.

bullseye
01-28-09, 19:30
anyone else been following the drama on TOS, about larue tactical pulling his BCG's from sale, because someone had the gall to ask him why he advertised them as mil-spec, and their not being MPI.... the seriously funny part,,,,, he is absolutly convinced that grant was somehow behind coaching them, and they were "working" for G&R. i immediatly could see right through that silliness,,,,as dumb as i am. if he doesn't want to sell BCG's,,,that's his business,,, i personally think think he took the low road,,,,,you know,,, the one that leads to the third-grade play-ground.

bkb0000
01-28-09, 19:41
So, by your definition, if I invest in foreclosed homes I'm doing the same thing? Or an estate sale that someone is selling a painting at a good deal that I happen to know is worth a lot more? What about a classic car that someone needs to get rid of to pay their bills and are offering a deal on the cheap? If I step in and purchase it knowing tomorrow I'm going to list it for 2x's what I paid... Does this make me a scalper? I have what others don't in these situations. TIME. I have the ability to sit on whatever I buy and wait for value to increase. TIME is an important part of investing. The guy who is selling that car.. doesn't have time.. foreclosed house... no time.. painting... no time. So by your logic... I'm the bad guy for providing the seller with what they needed at the time, which is money, and turning around and using the element I have at my disposal... which is time, to make a buck..... :rolleyes:

To each. However, understand what it is before making a decision. It isn't "scalping".

Being angry that someone trying to make money.. capitalize on a fertile market... is ludicrous. No one is forcing you to purchase these things and you definitely don't NEED them. :rolleyes:

the distinction between forclosed home purchases and investments and such is that you're not monopolizing the market by doing that. the "scalpers" as we're calling them are making their money by gobbling up all the goods so that you're forced to pay their prices.

in all honesty, i can't even tell you how prevailant this is- i'm making assumptions based on the availability of regular priced items compared to the availability of over-priced items- over priced stuff is readily available, so one can deduce that if these a-holes werent ordering 50 BCGs from LMT at a time we'd ALL have better direct access. not great access, right now, but much better. it might take three weeks to get a BCG instead of three months.

RogerinTPA
01-28-09, 19:44
I know a few "someones" who are not dealers, who bought 5, 8 and 10 Colt 6920's back last Sept and Oct for investment purposes. I see no problem with it. I bought an additional 6920 myself, during the same time period, but lacked the discipline to leave it sealed in a box. I had to shoot it. I only wish my cash wasn't tied up during that time frame. I surely would have bought more. I also stocked up on BCM BCGs. For what it's worth, I gave a friend one when his BM BCG took a shit and didn't have the cash for a new one. Don't be a hater guys. Everyone here will post what we find to make sure we take care of our own. Get what you can, while you can.

ZDL
01-28-09, 19:44
the distinction between forclosed home purchases and investments and such is that you're not monopolizing the market by doing that. the "scalpers" as we're calling them are making their money by gobbling up all the goods so that you're forced to pay their prices.

in all honesty, i can't even tell you how prevailant this is- i'm making assumptions based on the availability of regular priced items compared to the availability of over-priced items- over priced stuff is readily available, so one can deduce that if these a-holes werent ordering 50 BCGs from LMT at a time we'd ALL have better direct access. not great access, right now, but much better. it might take three weeks to get a BCG instead of three months.

Who is forcing you? Let me know, I'll talk to them for you. No one should be forced to buy something ever and I'm just not going to let a forum brother be oppressed by such a force.

Rider79
01-28-09, 19:49
anyone else been following the drama on TOS, about larue tactical pulling his BCG's from sale, because someone had the gall to ask him why he advertised them as mil-spec, and their not being MPI.... the seriously funny part,,,,, he is absolutly convinced that grant was somehow behind coaching them, and they were "working" for G&R. i immediatly could see right through that silliness,,,,as dumb as i am. if he doesn't want to sell BCG's,,,that's his business,,, i personally think think he took the low road,,,,,you know,,, the one that leads to the third-grade play-ground.

That doesn't make sense, isn't Grant one of his dealers?

Rider79
01-28-09, 19:53
By the way, TOS called, they'd like their thread back.

Jay Cunningham
01-28-09, 19:55
Moved to General Discussion.

Next stop: Trash...

bkb0000
01-28-09, 20:00
Who is forcing you? Let me know, I'll talk to them for you. No one should be forced to buy something ever and I'm just not going to let a forum brother be oppressed by such a force.

funny guy. so you can't see how what we're calling "scalping" is different than simply "investing?"

ZDL
01-28-09, 20:06
funny guy. so you can't see how what we're calling "scalping" is different than simply "investing?"

It ISN'T different. You've yet to tell me who is FORCING you. If you can prove to me that someone is FORCING you to pay a certain price for something and that it is a NEED and not a WANT. Then, you have converted me.

All you and those who think like you are repeating is "it's scalping" or "they bought it to sell it at a later date and make a buck".

The first is wrong and the second... is the definition of... wait for it.... investing. ahhhh. I'm having a chuckle here myself. I certainly am not wanting to make enemies. What I'm trying to get through is, you and others are defining the purchasing and selling of firearms parts as scalping because your emotions are high about the object. It would be worlds different if it was another product and you know it.

bkb0000
01-28-09, 20:13
It ISN'T different. You've yet to tell me who is FORCING you. If you can prove to me that someone is FORCING you to pay a certain price for something and that it is a NEED and not a WANT. Then, you have converted me.

All you and those who think like you are repeating is "it's scalping" or "they bought it to sell it at a later date and make a buck".

The first is wrong and the second... is the definition of... wait for it.... investing. ahhhh. I'm having a chuckle here myself. I certainly am not wanting to make enemies. What I'm trying to get through is, you and others are defining the purchasing and selling of firearms parts as scalping because your emotions are high about the object. It would be worlds different if it was another product and you know it.

no- i don't know it. buying and selling for profit is dealing. that's fine.

buying up the few available items and selling at an inflated price to take advantage of a temporary market imbalance is dirt-baggish.

imagine we're having a gas shortage- its like going around to all the gas stations with a tanker and buying up all the gasoline as soon as they get refilled, then setting up shop on the side of the road and selling it for $7 a gallon.

Rider79
01-28-09, 20:21

do we have a link to this? I'd like to see it, I can't navigate TOS for shit the few times I've tried to look around over there.

ZDL
01-28-09, 20:25
no- i don't know it. buying and selling for profit is dealing. that's fine.

buying up the few available items and selling at an inflated price to take advantage of a temporary market imbalance is dirt-baggish.

imagine we're having a gas shortage- its like going around to all the gas stations with a tanker and buying up all the gasoline as soon as they get refilled, then setting up shop on the side of the road and selling it for $7 a gallon.

Fuel and BCGs? Those 2 seemed to be in the same class?

Come on. I know it's tough to develop analogies when the logic base is not true but lets keep it grounded here.

They aren't "few available items". There is just more people trying to buy more of them this time around. The supply has actually increased. The demand however, has outpaced it. Simply economics.

If your opinion is that this act is "dirt-baggish".. Brother, it's perfectly fine. To call a pear and apple when it's not however... is counter productive.

bullseye
01-28-09, 20:32
the thread is in the "industry" section, in larue's forum,,appropiatly titled " larue tactical not selling anymore BCG's",, long, long read,,,,all the larue fan-boys jumped on, thought they were gonna nominate him for "man of the year",,,some of it pretty funny though,,,i know i'm old, just can't see how so many people can get so wound up---about something so silly.

SoDak
01-28-09, 20:35
do we have a link to this? I'd like to see it, I can't navigate TOS for shit the few times I've tried to look around over there.

It's in the Larue Tactical section of the industry section. I hate to even comment on that, but it sucks that they don't sell them since for a few weeks they were one of the few places that had them in stock. That's where I got mine(I would have rather had BCM, but what are you gonna do), but I'd let it go for $200 since it is one of the last larue bcgs that was sold;).

bkb0000
01-28-09, 20:47
Fuel and BCGs? Those 2 seemed to be in the same class?

Come on. I know it's tough to develop analogies when the logic base is not true but lets keep it grounded here.

They aren't "few available items". There is just more people trying to buy more of them this time around. The supply has actually increased. The demand however, has outpaced it. Simply economics.

If your opinion is that this act is "dirt-baggish".. Brother, it's perfectly fine. To call a pear and apple when it's not however... is counter productive.

no, i picked an analogy you obviously couldn't get around, so you're going to try to invalidate my point instead of addressing it.

you win by attrition, i'm done.

ZDL
01-28-09, 20:51
no, i picked an analogy you obviously couldn't get around, so you're going to try to invalidate my point instead of addressing it.

you win by attrition, i'm done.

lol. Brilliant.

bullseye
01-28-09, 20:52
believe it or not---some goober actually did put one of the larue BCG on th EE while this was going on,,,for 200$....i LMAO,,,thought about putting another ad on there for a MP inspected G&Rtactical BCGfor 225$ [lots better than the cheaper non-MP'ed bolt] but i'd of had to sold it if someone wanted it, and was afraid that i'd be linked to "grant's conspiracy"----let sleeping dogs lie---

ZDL
01-28-09, 20:55
believe it or not---some goober actually did put one of the larue BCG on th EE while this was going on,,,for 200$....i LMAO,,,thought about putting another ad on there for a MP inspected G&Rtactical BCGfor 225$ [lots better than the cheaper non-MP'ed bolt] but i'd of had to sold it if someone wanted it, and was afraid that i'd be linked to "grant's conspiracy"----let sleeping dogs lie---

First time in a looooooooooonngggggg time I've ventured over there. Never seen so much drama....ever... Who's suing who over what etc. I caught a little bit of that perusing the booths at SHOT but wow...

SoDak
01-28-09, 21:02

Heard of that too. I just thought saying that might bring a little comic relief to this thread.

Rider79
01-29-09, 08:38
Wow, after reading all the shit in Larue's section on TOS, I don't know how I feel about the guy. He seems a little nuts. He sure has alot of fanboys over there who would buy crap in a can from him. I like all the Larue stuff I have, but after some of the crap he says about M4C and some of the people here, I'm not sure if I want to buy anything else from him. Maybe I'll have to look at the Bobro mounts.
It is funny though how he uses Patrick Sweeney's "Book of the AR15 vol. 2" as his argument against mil-spec, but if you read the section from the book that Larue posts, Sweeney himself talks about how MPI is a desired feature on a BCG. Then there's the post that's about halfway down this page:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=219&t=169067&page=30

from one of his fanboys that quotes Sweeney, but only quotes the part about how milspec is old and hasn't changed, he leaves out the part about MPI. :rolleyes:

This all sucks, because I really wanted to use a Larue mount with the TR24 I plan on picking up from Grant.

lanceriley
01-29-09, 08:44
i can't view the tos page.

Rider79
01-29-09, 08:46
i can't view the tos page.

I clicked the link, works just fine for me.

C4IGrant
01-29-09, 08:55
Wow, after reading all the shit in Larue's section on TOS, I don't know how I feel about the guy. He seems a little nuts. He sure has alot of fanboys over there who would buy crap in a can from him. I like all the Larue stuff I have, but after some of the crap he says about M4C and some of the people here, I'm not sure if I want to buy anything else from him. Maybe I'll have to look at the Bobro mounts.
It is funny though how he uses Patrick Sweeney's "Book of the AR15 vol. 2" as his argument against mil-spec, but if you read the section from the book that Larue posts, Sweeney himself talks about how MPI is a desired feature on a BCG. Then there's the post that's about halfway down this page:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=219&t=169067&page=30

from one of his fanboys that quotes Sweeney, but only quotes the part about how milspec is old and hasn't changed, he leaves out the part about MPI. :rolleyes:

This all sucks, because I really wanted to use a Larue mount with the TR24 I plan on picking up from Grant.

That thread is quite funny. M4C and G&R get's mentioned a lot EVEN THOUGH we have zero to do with it. :rolleyes:

The bottom line is if you are going to use the term "mil-spec" to define a part, it better follow the TDP 100%.

C4

g5m
01-29-09, 09:43
Did Evan O ever get a BCG?

Found that he did at post 33.

I recently did see Young's BCG's semi and M16, park and chrome, at a gunshow. Prices were, IIRC, $145-$165 or thereabouts. I've had and used Young's products for maybe 8-10 years and they've been good products.
I haven't beaten them to death but I don't have time for that, or opportunity. Just putting the information out.

Rider79
01-29-09, 09:52
Yeah, its amazing. By the time you get to the end of the thread these idiots are just posting to see how many pages they can get it to.

Something else that was posted in the thread made me think though. About halfway through one of Larue's rants, someone posted a link to a thread from Randy Luth of DPMS thanking everyone voting for him for outdoorsman of the year or some award from Outdoor Life Magazine. Not sure what it was, but I remember voting for him. He was up against hunter/conservation type people. But the person who posted basically said, "hey, this is how a good member of the industry should act". Which of course it was ignored and they went back to bashing G&R, M4C and all the crazy people who believe in the TDP.
But it made me think, and I'm sure I'm going to catch some shit for it, but as crappy as DPMS ARs are when it comes to spec and all that, DPMS has done alot for the industry. I mean along the lines of bringing EBRs to the mainstream, which is basically what Luth got the award for. Think about how many ARs they put out there, and how many people who their first AR was a DPMS. My first 2 were DPMS, both of which I picked up for less than $700 apiece. I've learned many lessons since then, and I've gotten rid of one of them, but here I am on my 7th AR, with 5 more in various stages of completion. And it started with a DPMS. I'm sure there's alot of people out there who never would have thought about AWBs, and gun rights and things along those lines, before they picked up a DPMS AR. Even before the current craziness started, there weren't as many BCMs, LMTs, and Colts running around as there were DPMS rifles. And the more people we can get interested in EBRs, the more people we can have thinking about their right to own one. And if that interest starts with a DPMS/RRA, or if it starts with a Colt/Noveske/LMT, its still a good thing.

Jay Cunningham
01-29-09, 11:06
Locked at request/plea of original poster.