PDA

View Full Version : Old school LE/MIL shotguns

Brushpopper
01-27-09, 14:41
Do any members have (and would be willing to post) photos (either period photos or contemporary photos of period weapons) of the Winchester Model 97, Browning Auto-5, or Remington Model 11 in original or recreated law enforcement or military configuration ?

Has anyone participated in any formal training with one of the three shotguns described above, and would be willing to post a mini-AAR re: performance with that platform compared to contemporary LE/MIL shotguns ?

DMR
01-27-09, 15:13
Do any members have (and would be willing to post) photos (either period photos or contemporary photos of period weapons) of the Winchester Model 97, Browning Auto-5, or Remington Model 11 in original or recreated law enforcement or military configuration ?

Has anyone participated in any formal training with one of the three shotguns described above, and would be willing to post a mini-AAR re: performance with that platform compared to contemporary LE/MIL shotguns ?

I just picked up a Model 11 Military Finish that needs to be cleaned up. The former owner had installed rifle sights, one of which fell off and added a butt pad. Not positive yet if the barrel was cut down or if it's one of the original "Roit" models. I might have some picks up soon...

DrDoot
02-23-09, 13:11
I don't believe you'll be at any advantage by buying "old school".

Deadcenter45
02-23-09, 20:41
I don't believe you'll be at any advantage by buying "old school".

sure, but some people like to collect things they like ;)

Falboy
02-27-09, 07:57
I would not feel "undergunned" with my 8-shot Auto-5. That said, I do have two 870s, and would really like to pick up a Benelli.