PDA

View Full Version : MOE carbine help.

F.C.III
01-27-09, 15:35
I just got my moe carbine. The problem is I can not decide between the D.D. Omega or the vltor cas vl .I was also going to add the ubr stock and the Aimpoint micro t1. Please give me your input if ya got a second. thanks in advance..:p

Gentoo
01-27-09, 15:43
Daniel Defense makes a rail (not sure which one) that is supposed to be very easy to install.

If you are a total M4 noob like me, you might want to look for that.

Shihan
01-27-09, 15:58
They are both sturdy and good designs. Both are easly installed however the Omega is the easiest. The CASV will raise your sight plane on the upper receiveer so beaware of that when buying mounts to get the cowitness you want.

F.C.III
01-28-09, 08:08
UPDATE: I went out and got both rails at a hell of a bargain. I got the D.D. for 190.00 and the vltor casevl for 219.99. One of the two will be mounted on the m.o.e. leaning towards the casevl. Just looks cool. The other will more than likely end up on my 6920. Oh yeah, will the t1 co-witness on the vltor with the factory mount? At least until I figure out which mount I need and want. Thanks alot..:cool:

Rider79
01-28-09, 08:23
Where did you find the DD for that cheap? What model DD did you end up getting?

F.C.III
01-28-09, 08:31
A good friend of mine owns a gun shop and owed me a favor.;) The Omega model is the one I got, didn't want to pull the barrel.

Rider79
01-28-09, 08:42
Shit, can he owe me a favor too?

Stickman
01-28-09, 10:59
Two good rails, nicely done. No matter which one you go with on the Noveske/ Magpul, you win.

F.C.III
01-28-09, 19:16
Thanks for the info Stick. I owe you a thanks. If it were not for your post I would not have the rifle at all. Thanks a bunch!!:cool:

Stickman
01-28-09, 21:49
Always glad to be of help.

F.C.III
01-31-09, 11:16
Stick, or anyone else feel free to chime in. Do you see any advantage in the casevl over the D.D. omega. they both kinda give you the continuous top rail. The D.D. omega is lighter and less bulky but I feel the casevl really locks the rail, barrel, and upper together better. I think that the casevl will be less apt to put torque on the barrel nut and possibly loosen it. I could be over analyzing this:confused: The D.D. has a lower top rail profile. The vltor has the ability to add and remove rails when needed. Any other ideas of why one would be better than the other? Anyone know the actual weight of both rail systems. Thanks.

Stickman
01-31-09, 17:03
Sounds like you have a good understanding of the pros and cons of each. Only you can make the decision from here. If it helps any, the only barrel nuts that come loose are ones that weren't installed correctly.