PDA

View Full Version : Oly ejector install??

M&P45
01-28-09, 12:43
I'm looking to build a 9mm upper. I am married to the Oly system due to the availability of pre-ban Sten mags here in NY. I have mags and a Hahn block. I have a stripped A3 upper and a pre-ban lower with a RRA standard LPK.

Q1: Is there a smith out there that can install the Oly ejector on my neddkid upper?

Q2: Will any 9mm AR barrel work with the OLY bolt/carrier?

Q3: Will any hammer work with the Oly bolt/carrier?

Q4: What is the most common 9mm muzzle device thread size? I have seen flash hiders in 1/2-28 and 1/2-36.

Thanks!

Robb Jensen
01-28-09, 14:34
Sam Hatfield of www.hatfieldsgunsmithing.com did my co-workers.
He removed the Oly 9mm ejector and rod/pin from the Oly A2 upper.
Sam used his milling machine and machined a new CMT or RRA flat top upper and installed the 9mm ejector onto it. It works great. My co-worker bought the lower block from Kurts Kustom Firearms in FL which allows the use of cheap Sten gun 9mm mags.

M&P45
01-28-09, 21:15
gotm4, thanks for the link. I got to take a look at an Oly upper today. I think I can take a few measurements and do this myself. I just have to find a point on the receiver to index off of. Maybe the forward pivot hole...

TangoChaser
02-07-09, 11:31
I've done about a hundred UR's for the Oly ejectors. The cross pin holes have a little forgiveness in their location. Off a little and you won't notice.

The critical hole is the one for the tail of the ejector spring. Too high and it won't have enough pressure to eject properly. Too low and it will take out the eye of the guy 5 lanes down.

My personal .45 upper shoots brass about 20ft straight out the side of the receiver. 100% reliable but I can shoot paper targets and take out squirrels at the same time.