PDA

View Full Version : Vickers 1911 Parts and accessories

The Dumb Gun Collector
01-28-09, 22:01
Hey guys,

I see LAV has some nice-looking 1911 bits on the market. Has anyone had a chance to try them out? Are they drop-in in the same way the C+S kits are (minimal fitting)?

I for one am happy he has the classic commander hammer style. I went with this on my last Novaks.

SpartanArms
01-29-09, 00:02
Greg,

I heard about these a while back, but can't remember exactly where. I believe someone had an AAR for one of LAV's 1911 smithing classes over at 10-8 forums and they mentioned the new Vickers 1911 parts coming to market through Blue Force Gear.

Since then, I have been checking BFG's website about once a week and while they have a little sidebar tab that says "Vickers 1911 gear" when you click on it, it sends you to a page that says "there are no products currently available." I don't know when they will be up for sale, but they are definitely going to be available through Blue Force Gear. You might try contacting BFG and see if they can/will give you a heads up on their status. Hope this helps.:D

Giffmann posted about them here with pics (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=24614)

ps. love the 'old greg' avatar!

The Dumb Gun Collector
01-29-09, 09:30
Sparta!.

Bravo Company lists them as in stock now. I will almost certainly try out the parts in my next 1911.

I was wondering if anyone would get the "Old Greg" avatar. LOL.

SpartanArms
01-29-09, 21:56
Greg,

Thanks for the heads up on Bravo Co.! I thought there was going to be a hammer strut produced as well, I guess they either scrapped that or do not have the produced yet.:)

Joe R.
01-30-09, 12:43
A hammer strut is in the way. I saw one at SHOT. All the parts appeared to be top notch as to be expected from LAV and Blue Force.