PDA

View Full Version : toothpaste and lipstick

lalakai
01-29-09, 16:05
yeah yeah yeah i know, weird topic. another thread had talked about removing material from a blued barrel, and the option of toothpaste came up. i didn't want to thread-jack, so i'll throw it out here.

others have also mentioned different uses for toothpaste and lipstick. both of these materials are extremely fine abrasives. I have used them on cd's, dvd's, and glasses, to remove small "scars". just before giving my old crt the heave-ho, i'm try it on the screen and see if i can notice any difference.

any other uses??? HA!!!! and don't mention the obvious ones lol :rolleyes:

RD62
01-29-09, 16:56
I've used actual tooth PASTE, not gel, but the actual paste you are speaking of to patch small nail or pin holes in sheet rock, when a traditional putty was unavailable.

Let dry, sand smooth, and paint. Worked pretty well.

-RD62

dhrith
01-29-09, 18:07
My grandfather made mention that one time in his younger days he ran to the bathroom for the tube of ky and in the dark grabbed the toothpaste on accident. He made mention that it definitely CANNOT be used for that. ;p

lalakai
01-29-09, 18:11
My grandfather made mention that one time in his younger days he ran to the bathroom for the tube of ky and in the dark grabbed the toothpaste on accident. He made mention that it definitely CANNOT be used for that. ;p

i imagine that instance happened after their child(ren) had been born, as i think granny probably didn't let him near her for awhile, after that.:rolleyes:

5pins
01-29-09, 22:10
I use toothpaste on my tooth and lipstick on my lips.

Oops, I didn’t mean that second part, please disregarded.

SoDak
01-29-09, 23:16
It's been a few years, but when I was looking into cowboy action shooting(I like lever guns, but never joined the sport) I sort of remember hearing of toothpaste action jobs. I think it was something like filling the action of a marlin lever rifle and cylcing it a bunch of times to smooth it up.

Gentoo
01-30-09, 00:30
I've used actual tooth PASTE, not gel, but the actual paste you are speaking of to patch small nail or pin holes in sheet rock, when a traditional putty was unavailable.

Let dry, sand smooth, and paint. Worked pretty well.

-RD62

I've done this more than once as well. :cool:

thopkins22
01-30-09, 11:35
As I said in the other thread, toothpaste is fantastic at removing the rings you get on wooden furniture when your a-hole friends forget to use a coaster.

I also found this (http://www.everyday-wisdom.com/toothpaste.html).

TheGhostRider
01-30-09, 16:29
Toothpaste; white only, is good for killing zits.
Yes I know, it sounds weird but it works.

Dab a little on the zit, hit the sack and voila'.... zit heals much faster.

Lipstick is good for getting a man in trouble.....

thats all I'm sayin about that.:cool: