PDA

View Full Version : Can someone critique a new guy's parts list?

lumpia
01-29-09, 19:12
Recently found this site after spending most of my time on calguns.net. I've learned alot during the short time I've been lurking. A bit of history - I had an RRA CAR A4 upper with a 14.5 barrel sitting on a Stag lower. Not being completely satisfied, I sold the upper to fund a different setup. Here are my current projects, which are almost identical:

- 2 CMMG lowers with CMMG internals
- 2 BCM 16" mid-lengths with plastic handguards
- 2 BCM bolt carrier groups
- 2 White Oak charging handles
- 1 build has an EOTech 512 RevF and a Troy rear sight. The other I'm planning on going with a Larue fixed rear sight, and an Aimpoint H-1 sitting on an American Defense mount.
- The only other things I'm planning on adding to each are BFG VCAS slings and Streamlight TLR-1s.

So what do you guys think? These two will be my main carbine class/competition/shtf rifles. I still have 2 Stag lowers that I'm planning on building into a 9mm plinker and a >300 yard paper puncher. Thanks for any feedback guys.

Remy
01-29-09, 19:40
Nice parts collection you have there......BUT......you seriously need to sell me one of your BCM bolt carrier groups for my project. I really need one.:)

RD62
01-29-09, 19:47
Well if you sell him a BCG, I really need a BCM Middy upper!

:D

-RD62

Ventura
01-29-09, 19:53
This is really a "I just want to show off" post. :p

RSS1911
01-29-09, 20:00
Well if you sell him a BCG, I really need a BCM Middy upper!

Guess that'll mean you'll have an extra lower you won't be needing, huh?

BTW ... you'll love the BCM middies!

lumpia
01-30-09, 15:56
Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I'm off to a decent start. I have a friend who swears that as long as the product says milspec, then it's good to go. He kept trying to get me to buy DPMS bolts when I kept holding out for BCM or LMT sets.