PDA

View Full Version : You guys suck

number9xd
01-29-09, 19:28
So, here I was, got the AR bug (yes, after the election) and started researching on ar15.com about all the different variations, brands, etc and seen nothing but great reviews on J&T and Double Star and RRA, and so on. So, I picked up a DS M4 clone and then ordered a few Essential Arms lowers in Tough Coat, and a spare bolt. Then last week placed an order for 2 more J&T M4 kits.

I found this site today from a link off Bravo Company and started searching the opinions here of J&T....... and felt dirty. :p Found myself drooling over LMT and BCM uppers all day to put on my EA lowers when they get here. I haven't even looked at what you guys think of EA lowers because I am affraid to :p

Eh.......... how am I gonna stock up on ammo when I keep finding MORE AR parts to buy :confused:

......... title of this post was said in a joking manner, of course. :D

bkb0000
01-29-09, 19:48
I haven't even looked at what you guys think of EA lowers because I am affraid to :p

we kill a lot of buzzes around here. especially lately...

aside from a few negative reports of holes being drilled in the wrong spots on EAs i've heard over the years, im sure EA is fine. you're fine with basically any finished stripped forged lower. i recommend installing LPKs as soon as you get them, just so you know they're good to go. otherwise, nobody's gonna diss on you for having a BCM upper on a EA lower, mang. build on.

RogerinTPA
01-29-09, 19:50
That's what happens when you seek opinions and research ARs on TOS!:p Oh well, you live and learn. Now that you've made your selections, check out the knowledge based threads to do some tweeking to your selection to get them reliable. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7355 Welcome aboard.

JBnTX
01-29-09, 19:56
Just buy a Colt 6920 and you'll never have to say your sorry or
even look back.

You guys make AR buying way more difficult than it needs to be.

Remy
01-29-09, 19:57
You might want to think of purchasing one of the group buy Stag rifle kits which are available on AR15.com.

You get a complete Stag M4 carbine except for the stripped lower receiver......thats right EVERYTHING.....for $609 and that includes shipping!

Yes you get a complete lower parts kit----a Midwest BUIS----a complete milspec carbine stock, etc. etc.

The only downside is the wait, you've got to get in line.....but it is a Hell of a price.

To check out the details of this deal, go to the AR15.com home page and click on the subject area titled "Equipment Exchange", then "Group Buys", then click on the $609 rifle kit deal.

I bought two of them and I am waiting on my number to come up at this time.

SeriousStudent
01-29-09, 20:12
And you learned some neat things here, number9xd! If you are careful, and have the right vendors, you can get very high-quality arms for not much more than entry-level weapons.

The folks here will help you spend your hard-earned money wisely. You probably will not spend any less. But you will get SO much more for your money.

Veracity
01-29-09, 20:59
even look back.

This.

warpigM-4
01-29-09, 21:03
even look back.

after Learning things here. I sold the J&T barrel I had and just got a >>>>>>>>>>>COLT M4 14.5 C MP1/7:D Now I had plan on getting a Colt M4 upper too. but I guess that will wait.I am franken my m4

COLT M4 Barrel
COLT M4 Hand guards
COLT Carry Handle 6/3
COLT "N" Marked type 1- 4 position stock
COLT H Buffer and spring
COLT delta ring set
COLT side sling mount

Keyhole (Cerrgo?) Upper with M4 cuts and RAS
Doublestar Lower
BCM M-16 MPI Bolt carrier

10 PMAGS
I am almost got the COLT 100% just a few More pieces to Hunt down:rolleyes:it will take forever now with the panic buying

Abraxas
01-29-09, 21:06
even look back.

Do tell, who currently has one in stock?

Iraqgunz
01-30-09, 03:12
I believe someone posted that Bachman Pawn and Gun in Dallas has them for 1799.00 or some non-sense. I just ordered a Daniel Defense carbine a few days go. We'll see how that works out.

Do tell, who currently has one in stock?

gtmtnbiker98
01-30-09, 09:35
even look back.

That is exactly what I did and so glad that I did.

45r
01-30-09, 11:12
even look back.

Colt is banned in my state so I "settled" for a Noveske :D

gtmtnbiker98
01-30-09, 11:14
Which states ban Colt? Just curious...let me guess, New Jersey?

markm
01-30-09, 11:21
I don't know what it is about gun guys....

But they BUY FIRST, and RESEARCH LATER.

Then they tell you you're full of shit when you tell them that Olympic Arms is a Pathetic piece of shit excuse for a rifle. :rolleyes:

Abraxas
01-30-09, 20:03
I don't know what it is about gun guys....

But they BUY FIRST, and RESEARCH LATER.

I wish I could say different, but I have done this. I even thought I had done my research, turned out I had asked all of the wrong people. But hey, what are ya gonna do;)

Abraxas
01-30-09, 20:03
Colt is banned in my state so I "settled" for a Noveske :D

I have too ask where the hell this is

markm
01-31-09, 08:07
I wish I could say different, but I have done this.

WAY back when I first was getting into the AR realm, I almost bought an OLY stripped lower. It happened to be the only stripped lower at the gun show back at that time. I happened to ask around and was lucky enough to talk to someone smart who told me the oly wash junk.

I try to pass that favor along to any new guy who will hear this. But you don't see too many guys on this site that'd be eyeing an oly anyway. It was a weekly battle over on TOS.

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 08:30
So, here I was, got the AR bug (yes, after the election) and started researching on ar15.com about all the different variations, brands, etc and seen nothing but great reviews on J&T and Double Star and RRA, and so on. So, I picked up a DS M4 clone and then ordered a few Essential Arms lowers in Tough Coat, and a spare bolt. Then last week placed an order for 2 more J&T M4 kits.

I found this site today from a link off Bravo Company and started searching the opinions here of J&T....... and felt dirty. :p Found myself drooling over LMT and BCM uppers all day to put on my EA lowers when they get here. I haven't even looked at what you guys think of EA lowers because I am affraid to :p

Eh.......... how am I gonna stock up on ammo when I keep finding MORE AR parts to buy :confused:

......... title of this post was said in a joking manner, of course. :D

Currently, AR's and AR parts are SO RARE, that I would take just about ANY AR I could get my hands on.

Shoot your AR's and look for something better (if you want).

C4

N.Y.45 ACP
01-31-09, 08:30
IIRC its the state of Connecticut that bans Colt AR-15's.

David Ben Uzi
01-31-09, 08:44
Currently, AR's and AR parts are SO RARE, that I would take just about ANY AR I could get my hands on.

Shoot your AR's and look for something better (if you want).

C4

I would like to find a stripped lower to even to start playing with.......

BTW, for under $250.

number9xd
01-31-09, 11:09
I would like to find a stripped lower to even to start playing with.......

BTW, for under $250.

Well, when I ordered the Essential Arms lowers about a week and half ago, they were $100 for reg finish and $105 for Tough Coat finish and shipping around 2 weeks. Gotta call early in the morning when they get it to get through on the phone.

I searched here and didn't find much posted about the EA lowers, but those on other sites who have them seem very satisfied with them.

jmorrell
01-31-09, 11:20
Just buy a Colt 6920 and you'll never have to say your sorry or even look back.I can attest to that: the Bushmaster I bought three years ago has been great for what I use it for, but I always had it in back of my mind that it just wasn't up to par with a Colt. And this forum didn't help me feel any better about the Bushy. Eleven days ago I purchased a new 6920 from a large internet gun dealer and had it shipped to my local gun dealer for transfer. The gun will be in my hands this coming Thursday when the Maryland seven day waiting period for assault weapons expires. The fate of the Bushmaster is up in the air. :D

David Ben Uzi
01-31-09, 14:43
Well, when I ordered the Essential Arms lowers about a week and half ago, they were $100 for reg finish and $105 for Tough Coat finish and shipping around 2 weeks. Gotta call early in the morning when they get it to get through on the phone.

I searched here and didn't find much posted about the EA lowers, but those on other sites who have them seem very satisfied with them.

Thank you for the lead. I will have to check it out.

au1776
02-01-09, 09:51
Thank you for the lead. I will have to check it out.

You might also take a look at Spikes Tactical, as their lowers run 179 and generally have relatively quick lead times. Also, about twice a week Rainier Arms has a few of something pop up in stock, and I think they still have CD lowers available.