PDA

View Full Version : Yoy and double Yoy! The Terrible Towel!

Gutshot John
01-30-09, 08:42
To those that have seen the Terrible Towel but have no idea of its significance to Steeler fans. It was created by one of the greatest sports announcers in the vein of Howard Cosell, a man who died this past year, Myron Cope. In many ways he is the voice of Pittsburgh.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/30/sports/football/30towel.html?ex=1390971600&en=bf8a0b1994c4370e&ei=5124&partner=facebook&exprod=facebook

The Old Grey Lady gets one right...even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

Go Steelers! ;)

Kaos
01-30-09, 09:18
It's a snowy day here in the burgh, glad I'm working from home today!

markm
01-30-09, 10:35
Is it going to rain in Tampa?

That would play in favor of the Steelers.

The Steelers are the AK of the Superbowl.
The Cardinals are the AR of the Superbow.

I just hope the Cardinals gas key is staked!! :p

Kaos
01-30-09, 10:52
Is it going to rain in Tampa?

That would play in favor of the Steelers.

The Steelers are the AK of the Superbowl.
The Cardinals are the AR of the Superbow.

I just hope the Cardinals gas key is staked!! :p

BAHHHH, we're goin for 6.

Gutshot John
01-30-09, 13:53
From the great man himself...

sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&page=hotread20/garber

eb2007
01-30-09, 14:12
Big Ben is hurt, also posted the worst superbowl performance in history for a winning QB when they stole the win from Seattle a few years back. The Cardinals are going to light them up.

Palmguy
01-30-09, 14:50
Big Ben is hurt, also posted the worst superbowl performance in history for a winning QB when they stole the win from Seattle a few years back. The Cardinals are going to light them up.

That was one game. That's like saying that because New England positively made Arizona their ***** a few weeks ago, Arizona is going to get destroyed.

Gutshot John
01-30-09, 15:03
I think it will be a good game.

If it turns out to be a game of defense, which I'm betting it will, than Pittsburgh is going to dismantle Phoenix. We have a tradition in Pittsburgh for "Big Nasty D".

Big Ben (and any QB) is an overrated quantity. They get far too much credit and are only as good as their offensive line. Ben can do some nice tricks, but he's not the best QB in the NFL. If the line can hold, and open some holes for Parker and give Ben time to air it out to Holmes/Ward, it's going to be a long day for Phoenix. It will be about holding the line.

For Phoenix to win, Warner is going to have to play the best game of his entire life, and honestly I don't see it with the Pittsburgh D. Troy is going to have a field day and I guarantee you that Defense will be bringing its best game. Screen pass? Don't make me laugh, that will work for the first half...maybe.

Ben can have a mediocre game and the rest of the team is strong enough to carry him.

I still want a nail biter.

Norva
01-30-09, 15:18
I'm going to laugh when the Cards beat the Steelers! You guys would never hear the end of it. Steeler fans are like Cowboy fans! Of course i hate the Cowgirls cause i'm a Skins fan! GO SKINS!

stipilot
01-30-09, 17:53
I'm going to laugh when the Cards beat the Steelers! You guys would never hear the end of it. Steeler fans are like Cowboy fans! Of course i hate the Cowgirls cause i'm a Skins fan! GO SKINS!

I want to be rich enough to buy the Dallas Cowboys just to make them wear pink Barbie ballerina uniforms.

Either that or orange prison jump suits.

bullseye
01-30-09, 18:07
who's hunting??? what dawgs??? -------that asked,,,, i don't have a dog in this race[ that's where you turn your dogs loose, and have them chase deer, squirrel, coon, rabbit],,,,but i'd like to see the cardinals win. ----i'm a die-hard saints fan... make any sense to anyone????[BTW,,,,,,,,,,,,, i've rooted the steelers on for years]