PDA

View Full Version : DD M4 Carbine....

Stickman
01-30-09, 19:11
Any news, pictures, video or anything else while we wait for weapons to ship?

rob_s
01-30-09, 19:53
Someone on silencertalk posted that he got 5 in. I guess he owns or works at a shop?

I hope to have one for T&E soon for an article in SWAT.

Stickman
01-31-09, 10:48
I was hoping for something from DD to avoid the user submitted cell phone pictures and second hand info. If weapons are already shipped, its a moot point. I'll see one soon enough.

Make sure you take some good pics for your article!

rob_s
01-31-09, 11:46
FWIW, if they are already shipping to dealers....

MAJOR applause to DD for showing up at SHOT with a product that was actually ready for production. I'm sick to death of companies that show up year after year after year with the same products, the same year+ lead times for production versions, etc. If I go into a booth one year and then again the next, and the products from the previous year STILL aren't released, you're jumping the gun with your prototyping.

Good on ya DD, for showing a product that you were actually ready to sell. Thank you.

Razorhunter
01-31-09, 21:44
I freakin heard that rob. I'm sick as hell of all these companies too. I'm a patient man, but that's just ridiculous to show off items at SHOT mulitple years in a row without releasing said product.

Anyhow, I was cruising the net and found this. Does this new "DD M4" have the MRE type rail, with FSB cutout??
Could this possibly be what you guys are asking about? The seller is here local in GA, and I believe Brunswick, GA is indeed near Savannah, GA (DD's hometown)..
Is this the one? Unfortuntely, if it IS indeed the one, there are no details, as the dealer was ignorant enough not to list any specs at all. Even if it isn't the new release, he still should have listed a few specs. I guess most of us can basically look at it and get most of the specs visually however. Looks like they went with the cheaper CTR stock, best I can tell. It's GREAT to see DD coming out with new products. Now IF ONLY they would make us a nice run of BLACK Mk18 RIS II RAILS!!!! Damn how they would SELL, and SELL FAST! hint, hint, hint

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=121997044

EDIT TO ADD: Just noticed it DOES say "Omega X Rail" however, and I'm not sure about you guys, but that's news to me. I've never seen an Omega rail like that before. Looks like it DOES NOT make use of the Delta ring assembly, like all the other previous Omega rails have. Am I seeing that correctly??? Interesting rail, which I've not seen before..

bkb0000
01-31-09, 21:55
I freakin heard that rob. I'm sick as hell of all these companies too. I'm a patient man, but that's just ridiculous to show off items at SHOT mulitple years in a row without releasing said product.

Anyhow, I was cruising the net and found this. Does this new "DD M4" have the MRE type rail, with FSB cutout??
Could this possibly be what you guys are asking about? The seller is here local in GA, and I believe Brunswick, GA is indeed near Savannah, GA (DD's hometown)..
Is this the one? Unfortuntely, if it IS indeed the one, there are no details, as the dealer was ignorant enough not to list any specs at all. Even if it isn't the new release, he still should have listed a few specs. I guess most of us can basically look at it and get most of the specs visually however. Looks like they went with the cheaper CTR stock, best I can tell. It's GREAT to see DD coming out with new products. Now IF ONLY they would make us a nice run of BLACK Mk18 RIS II RAILS!!!! Damn how they would SELL, and SELL FAST! hint, hint, hint

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=121997044

EDIT TO ADD: Just noticed it DOES say "Omega X Rail" however, and I'm not sure about you guys, but that's news to me. I've never seen an Omega rail like that before. Looks like it DOES NOT make use of the Delta ring assembly, like all the other previous Omega rails have. Am I seeing that correctly??? Interesting rail, which I've not seen before..

its a new design, but i cant remember what's special about it.

Stickman
01-31-09, 23:48
edited

Gentoo
02-01-09, 00:09
I called AIM last Monday to place my order. The lady to whom I spoke told me that they had them in stock and it was not a pre-order. She said it would ship when they catch up to it, and were still 10 - 14 days behind with shipping.

Iraqgunz
02-01-09, 04:20
That's who I ordered mine from as well.

I called AIM last Monday to place my order. The lady to whom I spoke told me that they had them in stock and it was not a pre-order. She said it would ship when they catch up to it, and were still 10 - 14 days behind with shipping.

Razorhunter
02-01-09, 10:49
Well Stick,
I've gotta say I personally DID expect it.
A gunbroker release of new guns is becoming the norm as of late. We all saw the SCAR debut on GB, so now it's the DD M4 I guess.
Unfortunately, more and more sellers are beginning to realize how they make huge profits on GB, especially when they've got the first of a particular new model in their hands.
Did you guys see that recent Magpul lower sale? It brought $3500, and I just sat there wondering WHY the buyer just didn't wait for the next run of COMPLETE Noveske/Magpul to come out. (OR he could have scrolled down the page and bid his money on the COMPLETE Noveske/Magpul gun for sale).
People are insane.

Stickman
02-01-09, 14:08
I agree with you on the Magpul/ Noveske deal, but those were limited edition items which were based off Noveskes weapons. The lower is one which people had been wanting for years.

By seeing the DD M4 for sale on Gunbroker before its in the hands of any established dealers, its kind of like a straight to video movie release. I've got no doubt that it will bring more money that way, but I think the launch of a new weapon for a major player in the weapon community deserves better. Then again, there are brick and mortar stores no doubt complaining about the internet, so I can see both sides.