PDA

View Full Version : The Chart...for ammo?

thopkins22
01-30-09, 21:12
Lately while pondering what the community could use to further itself, I started thinking about an easy to decipher chart for 5.56 defensive ammunition. I think the format would have to be different from rob_s', something like a political spectrum for ammunition.

The far left representing minimal penetration and presumably maximum expansion, and the far right representing maximum penetration and presumably minimal expansion. And popular defensive loads at the appropriate location somewhere in between.

While DocGKR's data is impeccable(and most certainly where most of the data would come from,) its scientific format is not easy to absorb without really digging into the data. I think my idea could alleviate this. Apartment dwellers could pick one from the left, people with a need to shoot through cars could pick from the right, and people with general purpose needs could pick from the middle.

Is this a decent idea? If so, what's the best way to put it together? I'd like to contribute something to the community, and if this idea holds some water I'd like to put it together with the help of our experts here.

zippygaloo
01-30-09, 22:18
Here's a previous post with some Hornady TAP Ammo (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=24590) questions?