PDA

View Full Version : I know you guys love your camo, but....

Collegefour
01-30-09, 22:09
I decided to go a different direction. What do you think?:D1893

Edit: It's a RRA 20" SS match barrel with a YM chrome BCG

Kaos
01-30-09, 22:10

dead link?

bkb0000
01-30-09, 22:22
its.... "flashy"

you should do the handguard too, and leave the ladders black

Joe_Friday
01-30-09, 22:26
What is the intended purpose of the rifle?

richl025
01-30-09, 22:53
I think this is what they were blasting at Han Solo with....

Collegefour
01-31-09, 06:24
its.... "flashy"

Thank you. I like the way you think :)

What is the intended purpose of the rifle?

As originally conceived, this was to be the opposite of my CQC M4, so I wanted it to be able to reach out and touch someone far, far away. Hence the 20" match grade barrel. But after obtaining the YM chrome BCG, it already looked a little "blingy", so I decided to roll with that, since I seriously doubt that a glint off the gun at a 300 yard range or more is going to give any advantage to my target.

I think this is what they were blasting at Han Solo with....

Funny you should mention my inspiration like that ;)

NoBody
01-31-09, 06:32
Deleted.

Iraqgunz
01-31-09, 06:49
I would look at getting some gold studs or maybe even some rail covers with diamonds embedded in them so you could have the ultimate in bling, bling.

Or possibly look at some neon running lights that will attach to the rails.

Collegefour
01-31-09, 06:52
Is this the NASA Edition? :D

Haha! Maybe I'll float the idea to them and see if I can get sponsored!

Collegefour
01-31-09, 06:57
I would look at getting some gold studs or maybe even some rail covers with diamonds embedded in them so you could have the ultimate in bling, bling.

Or possibly look at some neon running lights that will attach to the rails.

Gold studs and diamonds are a possibility, as soon as I win the lottery. :) I have to say though, that as a BMW driver, I absolutely HATE neon running lights. That Fast and Furious crap has its place, I guess, but my stately Bimmer aint the place for it. I guess that transfers over to the NASA gun as well. :p

d90king
01-31-09, 07:02
Looks like a NASA unit rifle. No space suit needed:D

Abraxas
01-31-09, 07:04
What do you think?

Since you asked..... hate it. But it is not mine, if you like it, great enjoy and have fun with it

lindertw
01-31-09, 07:47
needs a set of curb feelers...

markm
01-31-09, 07:58
At least the TIN MAN will have protection along the yellow brick road!

Rider79
01-31-09, 08:32
As originally conceived, this was to be the opposite of my CQC M4, so I wanted it to be able to reach out and touch someone far, far away. Hence the 20" match grade barrel. But after obtaining the YM chrome BCG, it already looked a little "blingy", so I decided to roll with that, since I seriously doubt that a glint off the gun at a 300 yard range or more is going to give any advantage to my target.

Confused as to how a Young chrome BCG would make a weapon "blingy".

As for the glint off the gun comment, I'm just going to leave that alone.

Also, how is the carbine stock working for you with the rifle-length gas system?

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 08:33
My eyes! My eyes!

C4

Rider79
01-31-09, 08:35
its.... "flashy"

Why stop there? Just do the whole gun.

David Ben Uzi
01-31-09, 08:46

.......put the right 'super' model behind it and it will be great!

packinheavy
01-31-09, 09:00
To each his own and if you like it, great.

But if it was my rifle, I would take a can of carb cleaner to the stock, grip and grippod right now. :D

Triad Tactical
01-31-09, 09:06
I think it's perfect for a RRA.

sandman99and9
01-31-09, 09:06
Somebody has been drinking the PIMP juice :)

N4LtRecce
01-31-09, 09:26
Yes, it is! :p

USMGoldenEagle
01-31-09, 09:35

Even an RRA doesn't deserve what you did to that rifle.....

I think that it is truly ridiculous looking painted like that.

Collegefour
01-31-09, 10:19
Confused as to how a Young chrome BCG would make a weapon "blingy".

As for the glint off the gun comment, I'm just going to leave that alone.

Also, how is the carbine stock working for you with the rifle-length gas system?

The BCG didn't make it look blingy all by itself, it was the BCG combined with the SS 20" barrel that did it.
With about 200 rounds through it using five different magazines and both .223 (Black Hills & Silver Bear) and 5.56 (PRVI), it has yet to give even a slight hiccup. Perfect function so far! :)

For those of you who don't like it, thank you for chiming in! I knew you would be out there, and you didn't disappoint! If everyone had the same taste, what a boring world it would be! Some of you are very clever with your comments!

Also, just to clarify a bit, the flash from the camera makes the silver look much brighter than it really is. It's actually a close match to the chrome BCG, and it's more of a flat flake metallic silver than a reflective mirror chrome silver.

Heavy Metal
01-31-09, 10:53
Gay Roboflage!

Joe_Friday
01-31-09, 11:24
I think you stole this guys rifle.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm62/Joe_Friday1997/2blow_1345_roysno-1.jpg

mmike87
01-31-09, 11:34
Would I do it to my rifle? Probably not. But like others said, if you like it, all power to you. More importantly, how does the gun shoot?

Aristogeiton
01-31-09, 15:19
Optics? Does LaRue make any mounts in gold? :D

Collegefour
01-31-09, 15:35
I hope you didn't spend too much time looking for that pic, Joe. And no, I didn't steal the rifle from anyone, but that brings up a good point in that EITHER: A thief would hate it and therefore not steal it OR If it did get stolen, it would not be difficult for the police to identify a singularly individual rifle like this one.

Would I do it to my rifle? Probably not. But like others said, if you like it, all power to you. More importantly, how does the gun shoot?

As previously stated, the rifle shoots flawlessly so far (about 200 rounds).

Optics? Does LaRue make any mounts in gold?

At the risk of sounding somewhat silly, I don't like the idea of mixing gold and silver. Black and silver is a much better combo. Since you mention optics, tho, I'm probably going to put a pretty serious scope on it, something along the lines of a 10-20x50, and it will, of course, be silver. :)
I want to really be able to reach out and touch someone/something from a major distance. I don't know the maximum range of a 20" AR, but I've heard others on this forum mention distances as far as 600 yards, and of course I've heard (probably untrue) stories of Vietnam snipers reaching out to 1000 yards or so. I've already tested this rifle on a 3x2 foot steel target at 250 yards with iron sights only, and I got 2/2 hits. I also got 9/10 hits on a circular two foot steel target at 200 yards.

bkb0000
01-31-09, 16:03
as far as your accuracy testing- any decent AR should be fully capable of those feats with any shooter who knows the basics.

you gotta get it on paper- 5 shot groups at 100m, that'll give you your MOA rating, which is your biggest indicator of accuracy potential. then you can look at shooting heavy loads for long distances- for a good DMR gun, 2" targets out to 600 is what you're looking for, some shoot farther.

and yes, the right AR can drop targets at 1,000m. the're called, ironically enough, Space Guns- might be right up your alley.

neodecker
01-31-09, 16:18
"Wanna know what's a crime? Whoever defaced that work of art by painting it that color... ought to have his ass removed." Charlie Sheen (The Rookie)