PDA

View Full Version : Time for some fun!

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 09:39
We used to play a silent bid game on our old G&R Tactical Forum and people seemed to enjoy it a lot. So here is how the game works, we have one of our G&R Tactical LPK's available (full kit with trigger group and Magpul trigger guard).

You can bid whatever you like for it ($1-$1,000,000). Simple send us a PM and enter a price in. The high bid wins the right to purchase the LPK. If you decline, then it goes to the next bidder.

This silent bid will run till tomorrow and end at 1800EST.

C4

SeriousStudent
01-31-09, 11:17
I do need another LPK.....:D

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 14:08
There seems to be some confusion on what is going on or even what "LPK" means.

This is the very rare G&R Lower Parts Kit that we have over 200 back orders for! ;)

Here is a pic so people can see what they are getting.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/GR_Gear/LPK_Full.jpg

R1pper
01-31-09, 14:30
Has anyone even bid on it yet?

-DM-

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 14:34
Has anyone even bid on it yet?

-DM-

Yes, about 10 have.

C4

zippygaloo
01-31-09, 14:38
You've changed your photo and obviously changed your parts supplier too. The parts shown for your new LPK are NOT the same components you used to show/sell on your website. Obvious visual differences. You can't really assess quality by looks, but your new LPK looks cheaper!

It's a shame that you are trying to pass them off as the same LPK. Especially to those 200 people who backordered them from you based on the old photo.

Old G&R Tactical LPK (looks of better quality).
http://www.gandrtactical.com/PDGImages/GRT_LPK.jpg

New G&R Tactical LPK (looks of cheaper quality)
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/GR_Gear/LPK_Full.jpg

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 14:50
You've changed your photo and obviously changed your supplier too. Those are NOT the same components you used to show on your site. Obvious visual differences. You can't really assess quality by looks, but these look cheaper!

You are correct, we have changed some parts, but none of them are "cheap quality" as we do not accept junk. Truth be told though, the parts in the first pic where never the ones that we shipped anyway. The parts in the second pic are what we have been shipping for quite some time now.

So the second pic of our LPK is what people have been giving rave reviews about. ;)

As you said, it is nearly impossible to judge quality by looks and would appreciate it if you not say that about something we put so much effort into.

C4

zippygaloo
01-31-09, 14:56
You are correct, we have changed some parts, but none of them are "cheap quality" as we do not accept junk. Truth be told though, the parts in the first pic where never the ones that we shipped anyway. The parts in the second pic are what we have been shipping for quite some time now.

So the second pic of our LPK is what people have been giving rave reviews about. ;)

As you said, it is nearly impossible to judge quality by looks and would appreciate it if you not say that about something we put so much effort into.

C4

I almost purchased an LPK from you based on your old photo, because they looked like quality parts and I assumed that the items in the photo would be the items shipped. I can honestly say I will never buy anything from you now. You just admitted to lying and false advertising ("truth be told"...your comment above) by posting a photo of a product that you do not sell. Your website never indicated that the photo of the LPK was not the one you were selling/shipping.

As far as "not saying" anything...I call it like it is, two different products!

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 15:00
I almost purchased an LPK from you based on your old photo. I can honestly say I will never buy anything from you now. You just admitted to false advertising by posting a photo of a product that you do not sell. Your website never indicated that the photo of the LPK was not the one you were selling/shipping.

As far as "not saying" anything...I call it like it is!

Phew, thank GOD you didn't buy one of our LPK's (as you would have been thrilled and we couldn't have that happen).

I never admitted to false advertising in the least. There is no difference in quality at all. You just think there is. ;)

Can you tell me which part in our LPK is lacking (based on your exper opinion) compared to the orig. pic?

Just as an FYI (as you seem rather naive about the firearms industry so I will help you out), manufacturers change parts on almost a weekly basis. There are more than one source of quality parts out there and there is literally NO WAY to only buy components from one source. LMT (for instance) does NOT make their LPK's in house (only about 2 items are either made or finished in house). They buy the other components from where ever they can find them (and still meet their specs). Same goes for Colt.

C4

zippygaloo
01-31-09, 15:01
Just admit what you're doing Grant. Own up to it.

Forget my opinions based on the visual differences in the photos. Posting a photo of something for sale that is not in fact the item you are shipping and in no way notifying the customer of this before the purchase is in fact false advertising.

parishioner
01-31-09, 15:07

Forget my opinions based on the visual differences in the photos. Posting a photo of something for sale that is not in fact the item you are shipping and in no way notifying the customer of this before the purchase is in fact false advertising.

He is not lying about the quality of the kit.

You just think it is of lesser quality based on the photo.

It is the same quality parts.

C4IGrant
Just for fun Zippy, can you tell me how many components changed from the first pic to the second? Look very carefully.

C4

ZDL

How about you not ruin it for everyone and shut the **** up. That sounds like a terrific idea. If you have a problem with something Grant did/does or with Grant himself, start another thread OR send him a PM.... Novel idea I know.

I'm not commenting on your gripe at all... Just way you went about it. Grow up.

zippygaloo
01-31-09, 15:11
Just for fun Zippy, can you tell me how many components changed from the first pic to the second? Look very carefully.

C4

Stop trying to divert.

1. Did you or did you not post a photo of something for sale (your old LPK) that was in fact not the exact item you were shipping?

2. And did you or did you not notify customers of this before they purchased the LPK?

I'll say it again. I almost bought your LPK based on the photo on your website. I would have been pissed to get something other than what I ordered.

thopkins22
01-31-09, 15:12
How about you not ruin it for everyone and shut the **** up...

Exactly what I was about to say.

ToddG
01-31-09, 15:12
Grant was right, this is fun. :cool:

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 15:13

I am not sure what I need to own up to. Can you tell me which parts are different and are NOT from the same manufacturer?

Here is a pic of Stag Arms LPK:
http://www.stagarms.com/images/lowerpartskit.jpg

This pic is taken from the SA website. The LPK's I have in from them right now are not the same. Would you say that they are false advertising as well? :rolleyes:

C4

spamsammich
01-31-09, 15:14
Zippy was the same guy that couldn't tell if his parts were plastic or not even when he had them in hand. Do yourselves a favor and acquaint yourselves with the ignore list feature. Now if only we could get the ignore function to work in quotes too...

ZDL
01-31-09, 15:14
Grant was right, this is fun. :cool:

aaaaaaaaaahhahahaha that was funny. :D

Staind503
01-31-09, 15:17
Dude so many people on this forum buy from grant. They do this for a reason, he sells quality stuff. He's not the type of guy to sell you shit products. It doesn't matter if it's the same EXACT product, only the quality of the product matters, and i'm sure the two are of the same quality

ZDL
Concerning the silent auction... Grant is a genius. With 200 people on back order, he is highly likely to collect more than asking price for this LPK. :D Good business move brother! Don't you just love supply and demand as a business owner! :D

C4IGrant
Stop trying to divert.

1. Did you or did you not post a photo of something for sale (your old LPK) that was in fact not the exact item you were shipping?

2. And did you or did you not notify customers of this before they purchased the LPK?

I'll say it again. I almost bought your LPK based on the photo on your website. I would have been pissed to get something other than what I ordered.

Stop Diverting! Answer the question.

How would you have known that the pic in the photo isn't what you got????????

C4

vinesr6
01-31-09, 15:18
Seriously, all I need is bid and if I win...my bid would be the price correct?

Thanks...Silent Bid Newbie

ToddG
01-31-09, 15:19
You can't really assess quality by looks,

BINGO

http://9x19mm.com/photoalbum/albums/userpics/stayinlane.jpg

C4IGrant
Concerning the silent auction... Grant is a genius. With 200 people on back order, he is highly likely to collect more than asking price for this LPK. :D Good business move brother! Don't you just love supply and demand as a business owner! :D

Apparently my LPK are not quality and no one wants them. I guess I will just throw them all away. ;)

What is funny is that since Zippy had his little temper tantrum, people that have bid are re-bidding with a higher price!

C4

zippygaloo
This isn't about the quality of his LPK. My personal assumption was that it looked like a lesser quality LPK. That is my own opinion and should not matter to anyone. This is about ethics.

Let's try this again to see if we can actually get a real and honest answer from Grant. (Look a the two photos I posted earlier.)

Grant,

C4IGrant
Seriously, all I need is bid and if I win...my bid would be the price correct?

Thanks...Silent Bid Newbie

Correct Sir.

When I did this on my old forum, people would walk away with nice things (like Aimpoints) at dealer or below dealer price.

C4

lalakai
01-31-09, 15:20
folks.......remember why this thread started; a bit of fun.

a LPK isn't going to break anyone's bank, and the feedback for G&R is in the very high 90% so the chance of getting lower quality parts is in the same ballpark as spontaneous combustion.

if you don't want to roll the di, that's your choice. but i think there are other forums for quality issues.

and with humor in mind...........

http://3gold.com/pictures/Baby/9.jpg

ZDL
01-31-09, 15:20
Apparently my LPK are not quality and no one wants them. I guess I will just throw them all away. ;)

What is funny is that since Zippy had his little temper tantrum, people that have bid are re-bidding with a higher price!

C4

I have a high quality trash can you can throw whatever you want into. I don't want to post pics though... zippy might beat me up.

Mega
01-31-09, 15:21
Who let the kids in here? :rolleyes:

ZDL
01-31-09, 15:22
Let's try this again to see if we can actually get an real and honest answer from Grant. (Look a the two photos I posted earlier.)

Grant,

Hey zippy.... Technically pal, the parts in the pic could only be sold once and ANY OTHER parts EVER sold would fall under your definition of false advertising because they weren't THE ONE'S shown in the pic.....

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 15:26
Let's try this again to see if we can actually get an real and honest answer from Grant. (Look a the two photos I posted earlier.)

Grant,

I think I understand where your confusion is coming from now. When we did our first run (batch) of LPK's the photo was actually what you got. We ran out of those and have been out of them for many, many months now. We are starting to get a re-supply of parts in and thusly took at new pic (which is why we have updated our ad on here and our website).

So the parts in the new pic actually have NOT been shipped out yet (as we are still low on a couple of items).

I again ask, which part of our LPK (new Pic) look crappy? How about what I showed you with the Stag pic? Are they misleading the consumer?

C4

zippygaloo
01-31-09, 15:27
You still didn't answer the questions.

The right thing to do would be to notify those 200 people that backordered your old LPK (based on the old photo).

ToddG
01-31-09, 15:28
if you don't want to roll the di,

Tacky to speak of the dead that way ...

Reminds me of a joke.

Mother Theresa dies and, of course, goes to Heaven. At the pearly gates she meets St. Peter who gives her a nice shiny halo.

Walking the streets of Heaven, Mother Theresa sees all sorts of people basking in eternal bliss and, a bit embarrassed, she realizes she has the biggest halo of all. St. Peter tells her that her great works on Earth earned her that special recognition.

But soon Mother Theresa comes upon a small group of people, and at the center is the also recently deceased Lady Di. Mother Theresa is stunned to see that Lady Di has a huge halo, nearly twice the size of Blessed Theresa's.

St. Peter notices Theresa's anxiety and asks what is bothering her. "I do not want to appear vain or jealous, St. Peter," she says, "but I cannot help notice that Lady Diana's halo is much larger than mine. While I do not question her wonderful work for charity, she did so from the lap of luxury while I toiled in the squalor and poverty of Calcutta. It just seems ... unfair."

"But dear Theresa," responds St. Peter, "that isn't a halo. It's a steering wheel."

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 15:30
Hey zippy.... Technically pal, the parts in the pic could only be sold once and ANY OTHER parts EVER sold would fall under your definition of false advertising because they weren't THE ONE'S shown in the pic.....

:D

Now that was good.

You caught me. I have only sold the LPK in the first pic ONE TIME. All other LPK's were NOT the ones in the first pic. I am sorry for letting everyone down and misleading everyone into thinking that they were the FIRST ONE to be getting our LPK.

C4

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 15:34
You still didn't answer the questions.

The right thing to do would be to notify those 200 people that backordered your old LPK (based on the old photo).

Don't you worry yourself over it Zippy. When I send out the e-mail to the back ordered customers, they will be directed to our website which has the NEW PIC already up and running so they will know EXACTLY what they are getting. ;)

Proof: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=GRT-LPK & https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=18292

Let me know when you ever figure out which part in our LPK is junk, I am just DYING to know.

C4

John_Wayne777
01-31-09, 15:35
Grant,

To the best of my knowledge the LPK he is selling has ALWAYS been advertised as a kit he assembles from quality parts that he gets as he is able to do so. In fact, I distinctly remember reading somewhere that each "kit" is basically assembled by hand.

Bait and switch?

I think not.

Staind503
01-31-09, 15:35
Grant, to make this guy happy (and hopefully STFU) you should take a picture of the EXACT LPK you plan on using that way the will be no "false advertising"

Todd, that joke was HILARIOUS!!!

zippygaloo
01-31-09, 15:36
It's all subjective. But at the very least, for your potential customers sake, you should put the following on your website right below the photo...

"Parts pictured may or may not be the exact items you receive".

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 15:37
Zippy was the same guy that couldn't tell if his parts were plastic or not even when he had them in hand. Do yourselves a favor and acquaint yourselves with the ignore list feature. Now if only we could get the ignore function to work in quotes too...

Yes, I remember that. He is a very good person to listen to about what is quality and what is not.

C4

ToddG
01-31-09, 15:37
I think the point is that when folks buy the LPK from Grant, they (a) realize that he is sourcing the parts as they are available, (b) realize that multiple vendors offer quality parts, and (c) trust Grant's reputation to make sure that only top quality parts come in the kit.

By the way, this is absolutely no different than how firearms are built. If you think Glock or Colt send out a press release every time one of their subvendors changes, you're on crack.

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 15:38
It's all subjective.

To only you.

As I said, thank God you do not have to burden yourself with having to own one of our LPK.

C4

ZDL
Grant, to make this guy happy (and hopefully STFU) you should take a picture of the EXACT LPK you plan on using that way the will be no "false advertising"

Negative. Never lower yourself to the lowest common denominator.

ToddG
Negative. Never lower yourself to the lowest common denominator.

Someone failed math in third grade, I see ... :p

ZDL
01-31-09, 15:39
It's all subjective. But at the very least, for your potential customers sake, you should put the following on your website right below the photo...

"items pictured may or may not be the exact items you receive".

Call sears and tell them their catalogs have been wrong for years.

Are you seriously beating this drum?

Oh and McDonalds menus are falsely advertising as well....

ZDL
01-31-09, 15:40
Someone failed math in third grade, I see ... :p

I failed 3rd grade spelling. Get it right!... and 4th grade.............and 5th...............6th..... almost passed 7th......................... :(

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 15:41

Todd, that joke was HILARIOUS!!!

The pic with the white background is the LPK that we will be shipping out soon (I hope).

Then we will run out of them (wait 4 months for more parts), get some parts from another or old supplier, take a new pic and start this fun all over again.

C4

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 15:45
One last funny "false advertising" comment and then I am done.

On the back of the Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard packaging is a pic of a guy shooting an AR. That guy is me. Now it would appear that Magpul is telling you that if you put their trigger guard on your gun, you will shoot as well as me, look as good as me and your AR will be as good as mine.

This is all false (sorry). Please commence the Magpul bashing.

C4

M4tographer
01-31-09, 15:47
Grant, I'm in. PM sent. :D

This IS fun!

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 15:50
I think the point is that when folks buy the LPK from Grant, they (a) realize that he is sourcing the parts as they are available, (b) realize that multiple vendors offer quality parts, and (c) trust Grant's reputation to make sure that only top quality parts come in the kit.

By the way, this is absolutely no different than how firearms are built. If you think Glock or Colt send out a press release every time one of their subvendors changes, you're on crack.

What? You mean that they are changing the parts in my G-Lock and not telling me?? SUM BITCH! :D

Todd is of course correct and if anyone gets our LPK's and is not happy, they are welcome to send them back.

C4

ZDL
01-31-09, 15:52
What? You mean that they are changing the parts in my G-Lock and not telling me?? SUM BITCH! :D

Todd is of course correct and if anyone gets our LPK's and is not happy, they are welcome to send them back.

C4

Correct. People, PM me for the return address................................................ (man I hope this works....)

spamsammich
01-31-09, 15:54
Correct. People, PM me for the return address................................................ (man I hope this works....)

Nice try!

John_Wayne777
01-31-09, 16:11
Out of curiosity, when you get the final pieces for the LPK's, how many of them do you expect to have finally assembled? In other words, how many LPK's do you expect to be able to assemble (beyond the current backorder list) before you run out again?

I've got some lowers that need some love...

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 16:19
Out of curiosity, when you get the final pieces for the LPK's, how many of them do you expect to have finally assembled? In other words, how many LPK's do you expect to be able to assemble (beyond the current backorder list) before you run out again?

I've got some lowers that need some love...

I am hoping to push out 100 kits and then hit it again in a month.

C4

ToddG
01-31-09, 16:38
NO MORE DISCUSSION OF "FALSE ADVERTISING" IN THIS THREAD.
NO MORE PERSONAL ATTACKS.
TAKE IT BACKCHANNEL, CALL THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, HIRE A NINJA, I DON'T CARE.
JUST DON'T TALK ABOUT IT HERE ANYMORE.

zippygaloo
01-31-09, 16:40
Warning Given.

Warning Ignored.

Ban Delivered.

See you in three days. Please play nice in the future.

spamsammich
01-31-09, 16:44
He was banned from that site too. Go figure.

C4IGrant
01-31-09, 17:03
Well back to the scheduled program.

I was thinking about releasing a BCM BCG, BCM middy upper and an LMT upper in these silent bid threads, but now I am afraid that if I post a pic and it doesn't look like some other pic I posted a year ago I will get called out for it. :rolleyes:

C4

Heavy Metal
01-31-09, 17:04
One last funny "false advertising" comment and then I am done.

On the back of the Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard packaging is a pic of a guy shooting an AR. That guy is me. Now it would appear that Magpul is telling you that if you put their trigger guard on your gun, you will shoot as well as me, look as good as me and your AR will be as good as mine.

This is all false (sorry). Please commence the Magpul bashing.

C4

Don't believe him folks! Next he will claim he is the Gerber baby!

RTA
01-31-09, 17:08
Well back to the scheduled program.

I was thinking about releasing a BCM BCG, BCM middy upper and an LMT upper in these silent bid threads, but now I am afraid that if I post a pic and it doesn't look like some other pic I posted a year ago I will get called out for it. :rolleyes:

C4

Come on, cry to hell with it and let slip the LMT upper.

30 cal slut
01-31-09, 17:50
Todd, that was AWFUL.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/30calslut/ROTFLMAO.gif

Tacky to speak of the dead that way ...

Reminds me of a joke.

Mother Theresa dies and, of course, goes to Heaven. At the pearly gates she meets St. Peter who gives her a nice shiny halo.

Walking the streets of Heaven, Mother Theresa sees all sorts of people basking in eternal bliss and, a bit embarrassed, she realizes she has the biggest halo of all. St. Peter tells her that her great works on Earth earned her that special recognition.

But soon Mother Theresa comes upon a small group of people, and at the center is the also recently deceased Lady Di. Mother Theresa is stunned to see that Lady Di has a huge halo, nearly twice the size of Blessed Theresa's.

St. Peter notices Theresa's anxiety and asks what is bothering her. "I do not want to appear vain or jealous, St. Peter," she says, "but I cannot help notice that Lady Diana's halo is much larger than mine. While I do not question her wonderful work for charity, she did so from the lap of luxury while I toiled in the squalor and poverty of Calcutta. It just seems ... unfair."

"But dear Theresa," responds St. Peter, "that isn't a halo. It's a steering wheel."

Heavy Metal
01-31-09, 18:11
Besides, she was in the back seat.

lalakai
01-31-09, 20:24
Todd is of course correct and if anyone gets our LPK's and is not happy, they are welcome to send them back.C4

no no no no. change of address..........send them to me!

all your base are belong to me

Gentoo
01-31-09, 23:37
This zippy guy was also the one who tried to troll Rob with the 'tactical red nose' nonsense. So consider the source.

Anyways. Good luck and congrats to the winner. I could use a LPK, but I am in no hurry right now and content to wait my turn in line.

TUNNEL RAT 33
02-01-09, 00:58
i purchased 2 of those lpk s when grant first offered them . they are top quality. stop trolling .

SeriousStudent
02-01-09, 01:15
On the back of the Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard packaging is a pic of a guy shooting an AR. That guy is me.
C4

If I mail you one of those card from the package, will you autograph it and send it back? I figure it will be a collector's item someday...... :D

And I own two of the G&R LPK's, and have been quite happy with them. The trigger feels really nice for an out of the box trigger.

Don Robison
02-01-09, 12:37
Hey Grant, I got my three G&R LPKs in a few weeks and they are horrible. You should just send me all of them you have so I can dispose of them in a proper manner.:D

BTW: The RE's etc arrived last week. Thanks.

Heavy Metal
02-01-09, 12:57
I put a Magpul trigger guard from a G&R LPK on a Sabre lower for a friend last night.

I told Tony the story about Grant on the Magpul trigger guard package photo.

C4IGrant
02-01-09, 16:26
If I mail you one of those card from the package, will you autograph it and send it back? I figure it will be a collector's item someday...... :D

And I own two of the G&R LPK's, and have been quite happy with them. The trigger feels really nice for an out of the box trigger.

Yes I will. Mail it to me and I will sign it any way you like. :D

C4

C4IGrant
02-01-09, 16:27
Times almost up folks! Get your bids in...

C4

C4IGrant
02-01-09, 17:07
All done & thanks to everyone that played!

We will notify the winner.

C4

1859sharps
02-01-09, 17:35
people, people, people. Please stop trying to convense zippy and others like him that grants' LPKs aren't quality. I want them to believe they are junk...the more people they can convense the kits are junk the better. WHY you ask???

simple, I am selfish...some day Grant will get caught back up and I would like to buy a couple of kits my self. The more people who think they are junk, the less that might get in line ahead of me and the better the odds are I can buy a couple.
:D

SeriousStudent
02-01-09, 17:41
Yes I will. Mail it to me and I will sign it any way you like. :D

C4

Woo-hoo!!! :D

Hehehe, thanks, Grant.

nfranco
02-01-09, 19:42
Thanks for this Grant!

For giggles do we get to know the winning bid?

thopkins22
02-01-09, 20:46
For giggles do we get to know the winning bid?

Absolutely, keep the person private, but let us know how high it went.

C4IGrant
02-02-09, 09:25
Ok guys, we had quite a few people at or around the same price range and seeing how LPK's are a rare animal, I thought I would make a couple people the winner.

One sad not, Zippy didn't win. :D

C4

Rider79
02-02-09, 10:14
BTW: The RE's etc arrived last week. Thanks.

Grant,

PM sent related to the above.

And I know this is going to make me look like an idiot, but I'm still trying to figure out if you're being serious about the Magpul package. :confused: