PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find gun inventory software?

zippygaloo
01-31-09, 11:39
Does anyone happen to know where I can find some free gun inventory software for PC or Mac that doesn't secretly report your inventory to the gov'ment.

KimberMike
01-31-09, 12:25
I just use Excel or another spreadsheet program.

I created a column for Description, Serial #, approx value, and a picture of the item. You could put anything else you wanted in there. I would assume this would meet your needs, but were you looking for something more specialized?

A quick google search for "inventory software" produced a bunch of results, but I didn't download any other them to see what they are like.

Mike

lalakai
01-31-09, 12:35
if you are doing this for insurance purposes, take the firearms down to a gun store, and have them appraised. a minor fee and you will get a written value for the firearm. otherwise if a claim is processed, the insurance company will just use book value which not reflect actual value.

look into your insurance coverage; most companies have a cap on what they will pay out for potential loss of firearms. the way around this is a seperate rider that adds a few buck each month, but will cover all your firearms.