PDA

View Full Version : Any one know of P.O.F.

furyfighter20
01-31-09, 17:17
Has anyone heard of PATRIOT ORDNANCE FACTORY im thinking of buying one of there weapons systems. But all my research has only provided 5 people who have bought there weapons and not many have heard of them. Im trying to find out there quality from the description there weapons sound well made but paper and the real thing are 2 different things.

thanks for any info.

http://www.pof-usa.com/p415/P-415-16-P11SX-223-MID-LENGTH.htm

30 cal slut
01-31-09, 18:02
uh, yeah, they're pretty well-known, eh?

i have a POF Gen I piston upper (remarketed by Bushmaster).

several thousand rounds (semi-auto) and a few carbine classes later ... it runs just DUCKY.

p.s. I am not a subject matter expert on piston designs. I just shoot the damn things, cuz I'm a lazy sack of shit when it comes to cleaning AR's.

Iraqgunz
02-01-09, 02:39
PoF? Is that Pakistani Ordnance Factory or something? The place where they make all kinds of copies of firearms?

30 cal slut
02-01-09, 11:16
yeah, they make HK knockoffs, right?

threefeathers
02-01-09, 11:57
POF makes a terrific product and they live up to their product. I work for Arms Tech and we are in competition to some extent. We have a gas trap and they have a gas piston but we use their lowers and rails. If I were to get a piston it would be one of theirs.

furyfighter20
02-01-09, 15:50
sweet thanks for the info guys i ordered it yesterday. hopfully i will have it this year lol

madisonsfinest
02-01-09, 15:58
sweet thanks for the info guys i ordered it yesterday. hopfully i will have it this year lol

Did you order the one in the link? Fine looking rifle! I ordered the POF 308 a couple weeks ago. Welcome to the waiting game!

furyfighter20
02-01-09, 19:44
i decided to go with the p-308-20-mrr because i have a .223 s&w m&p vtac so i wanted a different caliber.

madisonsfinest
02-01-09, 19:47
Yeah I couldn't decide if I wanted the 20" or the 16.5". I went with the 16.5" because it could still reach out to the maximum distance that I would be shooting it.

POF.Ops
02-01-09, 22:19
I've never heard of POF. Sounds fishy to me.

dcmdon
02-02-09, 09:37
I cant speak to their rifles, but I can speak to the quality of their accessories and to their responsiveness.

I recently purchased one of their "308 style" muzzle brakes and their clamp on front sight. Both are top notch. The machining of the brake is almost up to the finish of a surefire brake. It also is VERY VERY effective, and it looks cool.

Finally, it cost $58. What a deal. The sight also works well.

When I was waiting for the items (it took over a month), I got antsy and gave them a call. A woman answered the phone. (wife or daughter of the owner, I believe) and got me my info in a minute or two.

I got the impression that this is a family business struggling to deal with its own success. Partly due to a temporary market condition, and partly due to the excellence of its products.

Don

p.s. they also answered emails within 2 days. not bad.