PDA

View Full Version : UBR E-Mod

parishioner
02-01-09, 00:48
After using the Vltor modstock for a few range trips I have come to the conclusion that I do not care for it. Its mounted on a midlength recce and it doesnt balance the rifle well at all. My question is should I just go ahead and get the Vltor E-mod (easily obtainable) or hold out for the Magpul UBR (not so easily atainable). Is the UBR worth the wait?

Cameron
02-01-09, 02:30
There is a reason UBRs are harder to get! Magpul UBR all the way on the middies.

I got two UBRs last week, and couldn't be happier!

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo277/camz_pics/G%20and%20G/17%20inch/Finally4.jpg

bullitt5172
02-01-09, 08:11
I have used them both (EMOD and UBR) and I prefer the UBR. Cheekweld is the only complaint I hear about the UBR (other than it's unavailable) and I just don't have that issue. The cheekweld is fine IMO.

Jay Cunningham
02-01-09, 08:14
After using the Vltor modstock for a few range trips I have come to the conclusion that I do not care for it. Its mounted on a midlength recce and it doesnt balance the rifle well at all. My question is should I just go ahead and get the Vltor E-mod (easily obtainable) or hold out for the Magpul UBR (not so easily atainable). Is the UBR worth the wait?

The EMOD is significantly different than the Modstock. I think it is a great choice for midlength recce - at least that's what I have on my "pseudo-recce"...

parishioner
02-01-09, 12:28
Im going to wait a little longer and hope that UBRs start to trickle in consistently because that will be the only way for me to get one (thats what I really want). But if this continual chaos persists where people lay siege to websites with thier credit cards Ill just get the E-mod.

Thanks

Stickman
02-01-09, 13:44
Stocks are subjective, and while I may be fascinated with one, you may have no use for it at all. If at all possible, try the different stocks out, and go from there. Another option to keep in mind is the upcoming Magpul ACS.....

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20III/IMG_7965%201028%20stick.jpg

parishioner
02-01-09, 15:05
Wow. Stick, that is incredible. Ill keep that in mind.

Thank you.

Kaos
02-02-09, 19:58
You guys having as much trouble finding a UBR as I am. I've been backordered for one with RSR for some time now. It's rough being able to get dealer pricing but just having to wait.

I'd be willing to pay the avg retail for one now that I've been waiting so long I think.

blkexp98
02-04-09, 19:54
I havent had any experience with the Vltor offering but i bought the UBR because i really like the feel of the A2 stock but wanted a collapsable. With the UBR i can keep the constant smooth cheek weld no matter where i move the stock or whoever else for that matter. The stock isnt light but seems to be built well and i dont have any complaints comfort or function wise. In my situation the stock weighing a little more helps as i shoot with a YHM phantom suppressor from time to time and its not exactly a feather.

So with that said even compared to the Vltor clubfoots ive tried on other peoples rifles the UBR feels better to ME. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. The buttpad is a good stickyness and the shoulder portion (back) locks up nice and tight to the buffer tube. My only mistake was not having enough money or ammo to get the training i should have with the rifle.

Kaos
02-04-09, 20:00
:) - UBR will be here soon!

bmg
02-04-09, 20:19
I need a black UBR.

diving dave
02-05-09, 17:05
Glad to see I'm not the only one who cant find one!:D I have a Emod on my carbine now..overall I like it, but might switch to an OD green UBR if I can find one